• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

Terminator 3 T-HOPE Edition

If you have watched this fanedit, please rate it here:

• 10 stars (awesome)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 9 stars

• 8 stars

Votes: 1 50.0%
  • 7 stars

• 6 stars (average)

Votes: 1 50.0%
  • 5 stars

• 4 stars

• 3 stars

• 2 stars

• 1 star (atrocious)

• Total voters
  • Poll votes is visible for users with special permission.
Mainly I was just pointing out the word flaws and the triple redundancy using "movie" in the beginning. Needed to be broken up. Other than that, it is still your description, other than changing Terminator to T-850. BTW, what font did you use for the text? I like it. It's closed to "Machined", but has jaggy points here and there. Thanks for getting back to me on this so I can snag a copy of the font.

boon23 said:
yeah, but youused womble to encode... BIG CHANGE! And encoding is a real weakness of womble.
How fast did you get your PAL edition?
If it was based ont eh smart rendering engine you should use the PAL edition for your NTSC transfer, but not with womble. VIRTUALDUB MPEG2 to load in the video, use the resize filter based on lanzscos 3 resizer (it is an option there, you can also use bicubic 0.60), start the frame server and encode either with CCE (multipass) or Tmpgenc (2-pass). Use a bitrate calculator to get your exact video size.
I tried this, but when the frame server starts, it just stays on 0. No progress. I will try it again now, because I didn't find the CCE (multipass) or Tmpgenc (2-pass). But right now, it doens't work. I'm gonna check if I did something wrong or so, but I doubt it.

did you install the handler by starting the auxiliary setup of virtual dub?

boon23 said:
did you install the handler by starting the auxiliary setup of virtual dub?
euh, can't remember.
When I start the frameserver and give it a random name. It tries to run but doesn't go further than 0. Then I noticed a message under it: "no client installed" or something like that. I checked and I have TMPenc installed. So what do I have to do now?

I will at leastr check if I installed the handler, but I really can't even remember if I got that choice with installing Virtual Dub MPEG2.

edit:
Another question. What is the function of a frameserver? What does it do exactly?

in the folder, where virtualdub is, there is a file called auxiliary setup.exe. Start it, install the handler, run virtualdub. proceed as you did before.
a frameserver serves a video file frame by frame to an editor, so the editor can do the encoding. If an editor has no function to altter the video in teh way you want to, a frameserver is what sends the encoder the final frame to work with.
A program like CCE cannot resize or filter anything, so it needs a complete frame to work with. But then it works incredibly well. Took me a long time to get used to it, but it was worth all the effort.

I am gonna try it right now. Thanks for the info!!!

okay, this works. VirtualDub produces a vdr file which I canload into TMPenc. Then I start to select my output settings. DVD PAL file with 720x480 outpu, 25 frames. See this screen:
http://www.hopeofthefuture.net/tmp/ntsc-editoutput.jpg

Then I try to run it and I get an error:
file is not supported (error code 0x80048003)

edit:
I searched on the internet, and I think I have TMPGEnc XPress, which seems not to work with frameserver or so. :(

Actually the changes for size are to be made in virtual dub. If you use tmpgxpress, I recommend using it at all, so no frameserving there. Just use resize and use a 2-pass vbr output with the highest possible bitrate to fit the movie on a SL DVD. Use a bitrate calculator to get the numbers.
After tmpgxpress has finished use DGPulldown to change the framerate from 25 to 29.97.

Okay, did it with TMPenc and it looks great. BUT

And here it comes... :-(

After about 42 minutes, after the future flashforward, the screen goes black and then doesn't go back to the movie. So basically, all the screentime from after that scene is just black screen.

I'm trying to do it a 2nd time now, but I'm not sure if it will work...

This NTSC conversing is getting very frustrating.

Is your menu for NTSC finished? Because my offer stands, I can do it for you, it's a piece of cake, once you have found your tools.

No, the first step in my NTSC conversion were the movie files (main movie + alternate scenes + trailer).
But I'm already stuck with the main movie :-(

I used your guide boon and the steps with CCE are finished. It took about 6 hours to do it, but now I can try GPulldown for ntsc. Crossing my fingers...

Okay, Gpulldown worked. So now I have a .m2v file of 3,9 gb. And then I watched it yesterday... PowerDVD tells me it's MPEG1. I mean, WTF?! I definitely configured it to be MPEG2 with the whole frameserver thing, and now it seems that after the framerserver thing, it gave an MPEG1 file. I know for sure that I configured it as MPEG2.

Any ideas boon23?

if you configured it as mpeg2 then it is mpeg 2. What does dvd lab pro say? And one more thing: an mpeg1 is m1v and mpeg2 is m2v.

will do a check, though PowerDVD says it's MPEG1. I used an average bitrate of 5300.

should be great quality then. I am hopeful.

this is all right. I think you have a DVD compatible file, no matter what powerDVD says. If DVD LAb Pro works with it, then it is ok.

okay.

I separated the audio and video before all doing this. SO I know I hope the audio will not be out of synch. First tests seem to work, no out of synch, but I hope DVD lab pro will not do anything weird with it. If this works, I think the NTSC cut will almost be done. I'm gonna try to convert the extra's.

Back
Top Bottom