• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Terminator 3 T-HOPE Edition

If you have watched this fanedit, please rate it here:

• 10 stars (awesome)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 9 stars

• 8 stars

Votes: 1 50.0%
  • 7 stars

• 6 stars (average)

Votes: 1 50.0%
  • 5 stars

• 4 stars

• 3 stars

• 2 stars

• 1 star (atrocious)

• Total voters
  • Poll votes is visible for users with special permission.

T-HOPE

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
ok, btw, does it influence the 5.1 sound also when it changes my video?

boon23

Faneditor
Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
nope.
Keep the audio exactly as it is.
Playing time isn't changed with this method.

T-HOPE

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
cool. I will try it out tomorrow.

T-HOPE

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
TERMINATOR 3 T-HOPE EDITION version 2.0 [PAL FORMAT] is finished.
You will all wonder why the hell I first did a PAL version of version 2.0, but this is simply because I still had the original DVD files, so all I had to do was add the new cut in the dvd menu and make some new chapters. Because this was easily to do (except for a problem I stumbled upon, but thanks to boon23 this is also solved), I chose to first do a quick PAL version.

During the course of this week, I will start my first DVD PAl-->NTSC conversion.

ps. Version 2.0 PAL format will be released on torrent also in the course of this week. I will stop seeding the original version.

AvP

Faneditor
Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
cool cant wait!!!!!,so what have done to it

beckmen

Reaction score
Trophy Points
On a somewhat random note, I always kind of assumed the humorous behavior of the T-850 in this movie is because of it being re-programmed by Kate. Maybe some kind of business that we are not yet privy to. I use that excuse and it doesn't bother me as well.

T-HOPE

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
xtomo1978x said:
cool cant wait!!!!!,so what have done to it
You can find the cuts of version 1.0 here:
http://www.fanedit.org/true_fanedits/ma ... thope.html

The only difference between version 1.0 and version 2.0 is:L
1 - the audio mix of 2 scenes (opening and 'permanent darkness' conversation) has been remixed, so tha narration can be heard more clearly.
2 - one new cut. The scene of the T-X killing Scott is removed, to get a more T2 style. Now you don't know that, at some point in the movie, the T-X is Scott, untill she reveals herself in the car by killing the cops.

Because of the audio remixing in order to get a narration that can be heard, there can be some little background sounds when you hear the narration. But at least people should have a bigger chance to clearly hear the narration.

AvP

Faneditor
Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
sounds good i thought the narration was perfect!

T-HOPE

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
xtomo1978x said:
sounds good i thought the narration was perfect!
Then you and I are probably the only ones... :-D

Most people had problems with it. It's not perfect now, becuase I had to lower the volume of the background music and increase the volume of the voice, resulting in the fact that the original backgroundmusic sometimes can be heard.

stamper

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Hey T hope, you edited out the bit I suggested to you on that other board ! Cool ! Sorry I didn't keep in touch, I had several domestic things to sort out out of the cyberspace.

T-HOPE

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
stamper said:
Hey T hope, you edited out the bit I suggested to you on that other board ! Cool ! Sorry I didn't keep in touch, I had several domestic things to sort out out of the cyberspace.
Yup I did :)
It's nice, there's only one small problem. Looks like the cop knows one time more than the sound effects suggest. But since this is also in the official cut, I thought I'd just let it be.

T-HOPE

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
VERSION 2.0 PAL format is online at demonoid

I will upload it later on other torrent sites.

T-HOPE

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Torrents for version 2.0 are posted

I will stop seeding the original version within a few days, so I can complete focus on seeding version 2.0. I suggest that if people are downloading it or just finished downloading it, they will seed for at least a 1:1 ratio on that torrent to keep it alive. I will not feel responsible anymore for continuing seeding it.

slasher13

Reaction score
Trophy Points
I think I will keep the v1.00 as it was pretty good, and I would hear the narration as well in the beginning. To be that was perfect blend of music and talking. :)

T-HOPE

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
hmn, very interesting. Seems more and more people actually liked the narration and audio mix. I thought it was the only negative thing I heard about my fanedit, but now it seems that it was a bit overrated.

Thanks for the heads up.

Version 2.0 only has a slightly different audio mix in 2 scenes plus one more cut. No major changes thus.

phaota

Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
How is it coming with the NTSC version?

T-HOPE

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Just started on it, but couldn't work on much on it because of a date and a birthday.

phaota

Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Thanks for the info. Glad to know that you are still involved in the conversion process. Can't wait to see the edit.

T-HOPE

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
boon23 said:
depending on what you have done before there are two possibilities:
a) you have rendered the movie with a smart rendering program, so you have a very high quality PAL file output.
This has to be loaded into virtual dub mpeg 2, choose resize, set settings to 720x480, start frameserver, load into CCE or tmgenc and encode to 25 fps 720x480. Load this into DGPulldown and change the framerate to 29.97fps. Voils. NTSC.
b) you use an encoding editor (like ulead media studio pro):
set the output setting to 25fps, size 720x480. Render it. Load this into DGPulldown and change the framerate to 29.97fps. Voils. NTSC.

Here's what I did. I saved it via Womble MPEG wizzard (or what's its name?) as a 25 frames/sec 740 x 480 MPEG2 video. I edited the movie in Womble, so all I did was change the project from 576 to 480.

Then I loaded it into Gpulldown and wanted to convert it, but got this error message:
pulldownerror.jpg

So does someone know the problem, and better, the solution?

btw, the PAL mpeg version was 4,13 gb, and this NTSC version is 2,7 gb. How is it possible to have such a big different in filesize?

Top Bottom