• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

Terminator 3 T-HOPE Edition

If you have watched this fanedit, please rate it here:

• 10 stars (awesome)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 9 stars

• 8 stars

Votes: 1 50.0%
  • 7 stars

• 6 stars (average)

Votes: 1 50.0%
  • 5 stars

• 4 stars

• 3 stars

• 2 stars

• 1 star (atrocious)

• Total voters
  • Poll votes is visible for users with special permission.
yep, demux your mpg stream, load in the m2v and you are set.
DGPulldown cannot hanlde muxed files. It needs only the video file.

Okay, I will try it tomorrow or so (encoding the video to 480 with Womble takes 6 hours or so :S).

you did this with...womble? .... jeez... I hope it will look any good.

euh, the PAL version did look good, right? It was made with Womble. So now I only changed the aspect to 480 instead of 576. The only thing I wonder is that the PAL mpeg version was 4,13 gb, and this NTSC version is 2,7 gb. How is it possible to have such a big different in filesize?

yeah, but youused womble to encode... BIG CHANGE! And encoding is a real weakness of womble.
How fast did you get your PAL edition?
If it was based ont eh smart rendering engine you should use the PAL edition for your NTSC transfer, but not with womble. VIRTUALDUB MPEG2 to load in the video, use the resize filter based on lanzscos 3 resizer (it is an option there, you can also use bicubic 0.60), start the frame server and encode either with CCE (multipass) or Tmpgenc (2-pass). Use a bitrate calculator to get your exact video size.

With Womble, the PAL cut was completel rendered within 50 minutes. The NTSC version takes 6 hours or more...

I will give virtual dub a try.

yes, it means that for PAL the samrt rendering was used, so the qulaity should be very good. use the PAL version to make the NTSC one. If for whatever reason you shouldn't succeed, I am of course offering my help.

boon23 said:
yes, it means that for PAL the samrt rendering was used, so the qulaity should be very good. use the PAL version to make the NTSC one. If for whatever reason you shouldn't succeed, I am of course offering my help.
Like always Boon, I'm in your debt. You are a great help. I will try it myself. If I will not succeed, you will be the first one to know.

Just been through with this great flick! :smile:

This edit is really better - no more crappy scenes like "I pump my tits for male teen pleasure", no more idiot one-liners like "Excuse me" when the Terminator is trying to stop the T-X during the stunning crane scene, no more dumb jokes like the lame-ass "Talk to the Hand", pain-in-the-ass "Elton John Fool Glasses" and thankfully the most irritating scene cut out: T-X's orgasmic reaction :)???:) to a sample of blood, recognizing her prime target nearby - now the focus is on the mission both of them Terminators are programmed for:

One is out to terminate the target without any silly flaws of emotion, the other one now really digs out his mission as it really matters:

Protecting the prime target without any regrets - now he kicks her ass and don't giving any signs of lacklustre talking or behavior as mentioned above...

Dear T-BONE: You did a good work, great blending in of the re-arranged scenes/newly edited cuts, cover artwork that, imo, let the official one might look like crap in comparison and overall it's just a feature as it should have been...

I'm looking forward to your next projects!

:)

Thanks, but it's T-HOPE, not T-BONE ;-)

Next edit will be preservation of Terminator 2 3D and other Terminator stuff.
Then if I still have the time an extended edition of Matrix Reloaded.

Thanks for your comments! :)

Is there anyone who has both versions of my edit? Can he/she give me any feedback if they like the audio from the opening and conversation in the back of the van in version 2.0 better than the first version?

I know you are still working on the T-3 edit, but have you started any work on the T2 3D project? I am really looking forward to this edit of yours since I've never had the chance to visit Universal Studios in Florida to experience the movie.

both. Right now I'd first like to finish the T3 T-HOPE ed. in order to finally finish this project, close this chapter and get some more free space on my computer. But I'm stuck with the NTSC conversation :-S

I'd like to finish the T23D asap, but first I will finish the T3 T-HOPE ed.

So most likely the order of projects:
1. T3 T-HOPE Edition
2. Terminator 2 3D T-HOPE ULTIMATE EDITION
3. Terminator 2 T-HOPE ULTIMATE EDITION BONUS DISC
4. Terminator 1 T-HOPE ULTIMATE EDITION BONUS DISC
5. 2. Terminator Saved my life documentary
6. Terminator Rarities.

T-HOPE said:
Is there anyone who has both versions of my edit? Can he/she give me any feedback if they like the audio from the opening and conversation in the back of the van in version 2.0 better than the first version?

I have both the audio is better but i thought they wasnt nothing wrong with V1 audio

T-Hope. I noticed some textual errors on the back of your two DVD cover that you might want to correct for a better image. Here is my re-edit of the description for you:

THIS FAN EDIT RUNS 4 MINUTES
SHORTER THAN THE ORIGINAL
MOVIE. WHAT'S LEFT IS A
DARKER FILM, FOLLOWING THE
STYLE OF THE FIRST TERMINATOR
MOVIE. NO MORE CHEESY
ONE-LINERS OR RIDICULOUS
SCENES. THE T-800 FOCUSES
COMPLETELY ON THE MISSION.
THE T-X IS FASTER, MORE
INTELLIGENT AND POWERFUL.
NO MORE ROMANCE BETWEEN
JOHN AND KATE. A COMPLETELY
NEW OPENING. PLUS, A REFERENCE
TO T2'S CYBERDYNE SYSTEMS.

phaota said:
T-Hope. I noticed some textual errors on the back of your two DVD cover that you might want to correct for a better image. Here is my re-edit of the description for you:

MOVIE. WHAT'S LEFT IS A
DARKER FILM, FOLLOWING THE
MOVIE. NO MORE CHEESY
ONE-LINERS OR RIDICULOUS
SCENES. THE T-800 FOCUSES
THE T-X IS FASTER, MORE
NO MORE ROMANCE BETWEEN
JOHN AND KATE. A COMPLETELY

I still prefer mine. Yours has an error, it says T-800 while in T3 it's a T-850 ;-)

What's wrong with my description?
MOVIE. WHAT IS LEFT IS A
DARKER MOVIE, FOLLOWING THE
MOVIE. NO MORE CHEESY
ONELINERS OR RIDICULOUS
SCENES. THE TERMINATOR FOCUSSES
THE T-X IS FASTER, MORE
NO MORE ROMANCE BETWEEN
JOHN AND KATE. A COMPLETE

Perhaps only the focuses and completely/complete thing...? The other things are just changes of words.

^ "one-liners" and "focuses" are correct, "oneliners" and "focusses" are not.

The rest are just personal preference.

I appreciate the gesture, but the covers have already been released. I can only correct once the NTSC version is ready...

Back
Top Bottom