• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

Smudger 9's Clone Wars Movie Series: Episodes I, II, III, IV and V

i admit, that was unkind of me.

was just hazin' you a bit. my apologies.

Craven said:
ssj said:
Craven said:
Where can I download these so I can burn them for my kids and i?

for my kids and me. "i" is a subjective pronoun, i.e., used as the subject of a sentence.

Is there a raging douche Jesus? Because I feel like that's a bit more protypical personality this far.

You're the one who broke the rules. This is a family friendly site, and we don't tolerate bad behavior. Which you would know if you read the rules like I suggested. I'll have to issue a warning to you. Again, I highly recommend reading them if you'd like to participate in the community.

ssj said:
i admit, that was unkind of me.

was just hazin' you a bit. my apologies.

Your chill, I'm sorry I was rude to you as well. And to be fair I was incorrect.

Smudger, I'd be really interested to know in broad strokes your plans for the fourth and subsequent fanedits, in terms of which episodes you'll be including/excluding in their entirety and any smart uses of scenes if you're eager to share?

Episode 4 uses the Geonosis and first Mandalore arcs.

The rest of the series hasn't been nailed down yet, but I have rough ideas of where it's going. It will definitely end with the Order 66 and Yoda Arcs.

Awesome, cheers for the quick reply. What's the current status of the project? I know Episode 4 is due out soon - how's progress on 5+?

(I'm eager to know since yours are going to be the canonical version I show my new baby daughter when she's old enough.)

6 is pretty far along, as it's the easiest of the films regarding editing - nightisters trilogy, massacre and the first Maul arc.
5 is the one that I'm not sure about, so it's very much in its early stages.

Awesome, I can't wait. Do you have plans to include any of:
* The Ziro escape arc
* The Mortis arc
* The Mon Calamari arc
* Shadow Warrior
* The Nomad Droids arc
* The Void arc
* The Disappeared arc
??

They're the ones I'd excise at least!

1cxzt8.jpg

EddieDean said:
* The Ziro escape arc
* The Mortis arc
* The Mon Calamari arc
* Shadow Warrior
* The Nomad Droids arc
* The Void arc
* The Disappeared arc
??

They're all canned, except maybe the first part of Mortis plus the Qui Gon scene.

smudger9 said:
EddieDean said:
* The Ziro escape arc
* The Mortis arc
* The Mon Calamari arc
* Shadow Warrior
* The Nomad Droids arc
* The Void arc
* The Disappeared arc
??

They're all canned, except maybe the first part of Mortis plus the Qui Gon scene.

Brilliant! I'm astounded that you're making the exact cuts I'd make if I had anywhere near the skill. (I've made pruned chronological episode lists for my friends and colleagues - but they still suffer from the fact that some crap episodes are canonically necessary, so separating the wheat from the chaff of Clone Wars is something I've also worked at in depth!) And that's great that we might be able to retain Qui Gon - my favourite edits of both the film and TV series are those that adhere to the storylines and give you maximum Star Wars while chopping the bits that make you cringe. I hope you enjoy making them as much as I enjoy watching them.

EddieDean said:
smudger9 said:
EddieDean said:
* The Ziro escape arc
* The Mortis arc
* The Mon Calamari arc
* Shadow Warrior
* The Nomad Droids arc
* The Void arc
* The Disappeared arc
??

Brilliant! I'm astounded that you're making the exact cuts I'd make if I had anywhere near the skill. (I've made pruned chronological episode lists for my friends and colleagues - but they still suffer from the fact that some crap episodes are canonically necessary, so separating the wheat from the chaff of Clone Wars is something I've also worked at in depth!) And that's great that we might be able to retain Qui Gon - my favourite edits of both the film and TV series are those that adhere to the storylines and give you maximum Star Wars while chopping the bits that make you cringe. I hope you enjoy making them as much as I enjoy watching them.

Thanks.
The main problem with including anything from Mortis is that it doesn't link well with any other arc. I'm still trying to find how to work it into my series. It fits well with the Yoda arc from Season 6, but that is post-Ahsoka, so it doesn't work.

smudger9 said:
EddieDean said:
smudger9 said:
EddieDean said:
* The Ziro escape arc
* The Mortis arc
* The Mon Calamari arc
* Shadow Warrior
* The Nomad Droids arc
* The Void arc
* The Disappeared arc
??

Thanks.
The main problem with including anything from Mortis is that it doesn't link well with any other arc. I'm still trying to find how to work it into my series. It fits well with the Yoda arc from Season 6, but that is post-Ahsoka, so it doesn't work.

Does the audio maybe work over Obi-Wan or Yoda meditating at any time? Or could Mortis be a really brief visit? Arrive, cave, sleep, Qui-Gon vision, leave?

Here are my initial thoughts. This came out the day before one of my final exams so I'll try to be brief.

While the arcs were linked well with the Geonosian saying they're making the droids for Dooku, it's still fairly noticeable that there's basically 2 halves to the movie. The Mandalore and Clovis half and the Geonosis half. Which is mostly fine as those were two of the best arcs in the series.

You did a good job making the more adult elements hit home. Kids are gonna get scared with all the ritual suicides, mind-control-via-worm and zombie Geonosians. I forgot how creepy those things were.
I liked the parallel that was drawn between the literal hive mind of the Genosians to the way the clones unquestioningly obey orders from the Jedi. This is the sort of stuff you can notice when the show isn't filled with childish nonsense. I'm pretty sure somewhere around here I had to sit through a 3 episode Jar Jar arc.

This is another episode however that does alot of setting up for stuff in the future. Deathwatch, Barriss, Dutchess Satine. With a more concentrated series on these elements, I imagine the emotional impact will be a lot greater. But we'll have to wait and see. I'm totally binge watching all 9 or 10 once you're done by the way.

Aight, that's it, I'm off. I should study.

Wow, quick viewing. I agree with your observations. I did find it difficult linking the arcs. The main problem, however, was linking the Clovis episode with the Geonosis episodes (which are supposed to be part of the same story arc!).

Back
Top Bottom