• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

Smudger 9's Clone Wars Movie Series: Episodes I, II, III, IV and V

Just to clarify Smudger, which episodes are included?

GEONOSIS ARC:
* Senate Spy
* Landing at Point Rain
* Weapons Factory
* Legacy of Terror
* Brain Invaders

MANDALORE ARC:
* The Mandalore Plot
* Voyage of Temptation
* Duchess of Mandalore

...are there any other scenes from other episodes which you used?

By my reckoning, looking at the chronological order of episodes (but replacing them with your movies where possible), our current order is:
* Your Ep 1: Army of the Republic
* Your Ep 2: A New Threat
* Your Ep 3: Children of the Force
* S02E17: Bounty Hunters
* Your Ep 4: A Galaxy Divided
* S02E10: The Deserter
* S02E11: Lightsaber Lost
* S03E05/6: Corruption/The Academy
* ...and then the rest, in chronological order.

Is that the right reading for now?

Looks good to me Eddie.

The BluRay is now done. I've responded to all the PM's I've received, however, I've had quite a few over the last week. If I haven't responded to you then send me another PM as I may have missed some follow-up messages.

Excellent! At last!

Will Episode IV also be available on Vimeo, btw, or only Blu-Ray?

smudger, could you try to work this into your next edit?
funny_netflix_error-16.jpg

Here's a thought for you Smudger9, since I'm just looking over my list:

Jedi Crash was a very poor episode, but it had a BRILLIANT initial space battle. Have you considered any way to include it in any of your movies, or will that element be one of the few good bits which end up on the cutting room floor?

EddieDean said:
By my reckoning, looking at the chronological order of episodes (but replacing them with your movies where possible), our current order is:

Why are those episodes in particular recommended? Are they "required" for plot purposes or just particularly good episodes?

balliol said:
EddieDean said:

Why are those episodes in particular recommended? Are they "required" for plot purposes or just particularly good episodes?

A little of column A, a little of column B. A large amount of Clone Wars episodes aren't really required at all for plot purposes. The first half of the series was 75% filler with the odd bit of plot in between. The Zillo Beast episodes that come after Bounty Hunters have exactly zero impact on the overall story despite it being about a giant Godzila monster stomping around Coruscant.

Yeah. So there's a lot of bad in Clone Wars, especially earlier on. There's also a lot of good, which is why we care. But bad episodes can be excised, and bad-but-necessary episodes can be moviefied by Smudger

So if you want my recommendation, follow the list above, replace my final bullet with "and all the rest, in release order, except as follows:
* skip S03E08-09
* after S03E11 comes S02E15
* skip S03E15-17
* skip S04E01-E06
* skip S05E01 (for now)
* skip S05E10-13
* before S05E14 comes S05E01
* skip S06E08-09

This is, IMO, the ultimate order. Smudger's movies, everything in order, 95% of bad content cut, all relevant plot retained.

For your grand finale of this series (if it ever comes), have you thought about mashing up episodes from Rebels that feature some retired Clone Troopers, as well as the episode "The Last Battle," which not only features an enemy featured in Season 5 (Super Tactical Droid Kalani), but pretty much features the end of the Clone Wars? ;)

I made you posted about not being sure how to use Mortis.

Could you somehow tie together the Mortis arc, Ahsoka's last arc, and Yoda's vision quest? Maybe his quest could be happening simultaneously as Mortis, and they both lead into Ahsoka's final arc. Then you'd have the bit with future Ahsoka telling her to leave Anakin feel like a factor in her final decision. I apologise if that turns out to be a really bad idea, it's been a bit since I watched those episodes.

Delpheas said:
I made you posted about not being sure how to use Mortis.

Could you somehow tie together the Mortis arc, Ahsoka's last arc, and Yoda's vision quest? Maybe his quest could be happening simultaneously as Mortis, and they both lead into Ahsoka's final arc. Then you'd have the bit with future Ahsoka telling her to leave Anakin feel like a factor in her final decision. I apologise if that turns out to be a really bad idea, it's been a bit since I watched those episodes.

Not a bad idea, but I was going to put the Yoda and Order 66 arcs together in the final episode. If I used the Yoda arc for something else, it would leave the order 66 arc hanging with no obvious arc to pair with it.

Great work! Link for Ep. IV seems to be down though, any chance on a re-up?
Thanks and keep up the great work!

I really hope that Mortis arc won't be left out since it's foreshadowing done right.

looks like 4 is on info again!

Nic said:
For your grand finale of this series (if it ever comes), have you thought about mashing up episodes from Rebels that feature some retired Clone Troopers, as well as the episode "The Last Battle," which not only features an enemy featured in Season 5 (Super Tactical Droid Kalani), but pretty much features the end of the Clone Wars? ;)

I don't think the art styles or the animation would match up. The animation of Clone Wars is way too stiff, whereas the animation of Rebels is way too fluid.

Best to leave that sorta stuff to a future Rebels mashup, although that may be harder to do as Rebels is more heavily serialized than Clone Wars.

Just chiming in to say I love these edits, and keep at it. I haven't watched the whole original show because it seems like a pain to wade through all the crap to get to the good bits. It's nice having a "Good Parts Version" of Clone Wars, and having opening crawls and everything included is even better.

(I do kinda mentally flinch when I see "Seperatist" in your opening crawls though.  :p )

Back
Top Bottom