• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

Smudger 9's Clone Wars Movie Series: Episodes I, II, III, IV and V

Ok, notes:

• Opening crawl - Separatist is misspelled as seperatist
  • 8:48 - Noticeable audio splicing during the scene-to-scene transition
  • 15:30 - Abrupt transition, needs to be drawn out a bit longer to fit the mood of the scene
  • 21:05 - Nothing to do with your edit, but, why didn't he use his super effective lightning powers first? :p
  • 27:25 - Not sure a whipe is appropriate here, considering the change in time/distance is relatively small
  • "We must be vigilant, Faro" "Aren't I always?" these lines could easily be cut, they add nothing to the scene and just make it less atmospheric
  • Sidenote: Dooku's castle looks like the turrets from Portal and Savage Opress is a stupid name
  • We don't need to see Grievous walking out of Dooku's castle towards his ship, he's just restating stuff we literally just heard
  • 1:25:20 - Strange cut here
These were my only real issues. I thought the third act was a bit unevenly paced, but that's a bit harder to fix.
Loved seeing my favourite arc come to fruition in your edit, though! Bravo!

Zamros said:
Ok, notes:

• Opening crawl - Separatist is misspelled as seperatist
  • 8:48 - Noticeable audio splicing during the scene-to-scene transition
  • 15:30 - Abrupt transition, needs to be drawn out a bit longer to fit the mood of the scene
  • 21:05 - Nothing to do with your edit, but, why didn't he use his super effective lightning powers first? :p
  • 27:25 - Not sure a whipe is appropriate here, considering the change in time/distance is relatively small
  • "We must be vigilant, Faro" "Aren't I always?" these lines could easily be cut, they add nothing to the scene and just make it less atmospheric
  • Sidenote: Dooku's castle looks like the turrets from Portal and Savage Opress is a stupid name
  • We don't need to see Grievous walking out of Dooku's castle towards his ship, he's just restating stuff we literally just heard
  • 1:25:20 - Strange cut here
These were my only real issues. I thought the third act was a bit unevenly paced, but that's a bit harder to fix.
Loved seeing my favourite arc come to fruition in your edit, though! Bravo!

Thanks for taking the time to watch and provide feedback.

I agree about the transitions at 8:48 and 15:30 but they were from the original footage.

Same with the wipe at 27:25, I was debating taking it out but decided to leave it in.

Point taken about the Grievous scene, but I just love the visuals with the separatist fleet so I left it in.

1:25:20 cut I struggled with. I needed to take out the fire breather scene and that was the best I could do.

smudger9 said:
I agree about the transitions at 8:48 and 15:30 but they were from the original footage.

Same with the wipe at 27:25

That's worrying :s 

smudger9 said:
Point taken about the Grievous scene, but I just love the visuals with the separatist fleet so I left it in.

It did look pretty.

smudger9 said:
1:25:20 cut I struggled with. I needed to take out the fire breather scene and that was the best I could do.

Yeah, I get that. But then, doesn't it makes the snake's line about Savage needing a guide redundant?

juanitogan said:
Anyone else having trouble with CW EPI AOTR BluRay?

(As we've discussed) I'm almost certain that the blu-ray is corrupted, so until further notice I wouldn't waste your bandwidth with it folks.

I was wondering Smudger, if you ever planned to make new cover art for episode 1 2 and 3?

I like the new format for covers, but the 3 disembodied heads really clash with the two new ones.

Of course if anyone else has made custom covers and is willing to share, I’d like to see them too.

So I've watched the episode V.
I enjoyed it, It's still a very good work, but in my opinion, you could have cut more material from the series' episodes:
-the whole failed assasination plot; It could be ommited.
-the part of dialogue between Dooku and Savage about Lord Sidious
-the scene when Savage returns from his mission and talks with Dooku. It's just redundant in my opinion.
-maybe also the first bar scene with Ventress (especially that the plot of her cooperation with bounty hunters wasn't followed in the movie)

But still, it's more enjoyable than the series.

Haven't you thought maybe of leaving the "Episode ..." format and change it into "A Star Wars Story", since we have SW spin-offs also ?

Just came across this, going to watch them all soon. Best wishes on your future edits, can't wait to see the project completed!

Hello @"smudger9" !  I just noticed that you have released your Episode V.  I'll get to watch it very soon! 

I wanted to know if you decided how many episodes this series is gonna be.  With the announcement of one final season of The Clone Wars, I wanted to hear your thoughts, since your initial plan was for a nine-movie series.   :D

Thank you for your hard work!

So, a bit of a sad update on this project.

My external hard drive recently gave up the ghost and took all my “in progress” projects and completed project files with it. Unfortunately I just don’t have the heart to redo the work I lost, especially as life has got a bit busy recently with a job change, house move and deciding to do a half iron man.

To top it all off Vimeo has just shut down my account because my videos contains copyrighted sources.

So that’s probably the end of these movies I think. My current plan is to take time away from editing and then focus on the live action TV shows....... The Mandalorian should be great source material for a few movies.

c9b016d9847037de92a369df9ebae1c705b36b80_hq.gif

tenor.gif

Smudger all is not lost theres ways to bring dead drives back, just dont try writing to it.
Also theres other places other then Vimeo

smudger9 said:

My external hard drive recently gave up the ghost and took all my “in progress” projects and completed project files with it. Unfortunately I just don’t have the heart to redo the work I lost, especially as life has got a bit busy recently with a job change, house move and deciding to do a half iron man.

That makes me sad as these have pretty much been my definitive way to watch Clone Wars. :-/

The first five have been great. Here's to hoping either you change your mind or someone else picks up where you left off, because these edits were a great contribution to the fandom.

smudger9 said:

I'm really sorry that happened. Thank you for what you gave us. No matter what, we have these five edits and I am truly grateful for your contribution.

Very unfortunate and i can feel you @"smudger9"

Came across your project way to late, but it sounded very interesting.

What a shame, was hoping to watch. Surely some of the members who have downloaded could share their material? Just a thought.

Meanwhile I'll go ahead and take a look at part V.

[edit] ...which apparently is also off-line. Too bad.

So bummed to see this sad news! I very much enjoyed these edits & was eagerly looking forward to the next one. These things do happen, however. Im sure, at some point, you will return to editing with this franchise again. Rebels has some great storylines but also some real filler within in it, so Ive been eyeing that as a potential project one of these days myself BUT I would love to see others take it on too. We can never have too many alternate visions & ways to see things 'from a certain point of view', after all!

Thank you SO much for all of your hard work thus far! I really am grateful for the edits you have managed to complete! MTFBWY!

Back
Top Bottom