• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Smudger 9's Clone Wars Movie Series: Episodes I, II, III, IV and V

smudger9

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
No further news on TCW I'm afraid. However, I have just released an edit of The Mandalorian Season 1 if anyone is interested. PM me.

lapis molari

Better edits through feedback.
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Welcome back @"smudger9"! I'm keeping hope alive for a future TCW installment! :)

Mandalorian hasn't been released yet on a medium that we can buy (as opposed to stream/rent). Until that day, please don't share whatever, undoubtedly excellent, edit you have.

EddieDean

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Smudger, I've recently got around to reuploading your clone wars episodes, and already had a lot of requests for them. They've been very popular!

metsatron

Reaction score
Trophy Points
I don't supposed someone was able to preserve these and is willing to PM me?

cepan27253

Reaction score
Trophy Points
can I Please Have the google drive links for episode 1 to 5 clone wars fanedits

lapis molari

Better edits through feedback.
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
@cepan27253 , welcome to FE. Please read the rules: our forum does not facilitate link requests or shares.
You might try to PM the editor directly.

JeremySolo

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Hi all, I know some had said in the past that they were considering taking over this project for Smudger. Has anything come of this? The way I figure it, there would be 4 movies left:

An edit consisting of Mortis and the Citadel arcs
A season 5 edit consisting of the Maul/Mandalore arc and The Ahsoka 'Wrong Jedi' arc
A season 6 edit consisting of the Clone and Yoda arcs
A season 7 edit consisting of the Bad Batch and Ahsoka arcs

I purposely left the finale off this list as in my mind the perfect way to do that has already been done, with Madman's Knowledge splicing together of the finale and Episode III into one.

I severely lack the technical editing skill to create my own edits, but if an experienced editor were willing to continue these in Smudger's style, I would be more than willing to help plan out and storyboard the installments. Any takers?

Last edited:

Heavisyde

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Hi all, I know some had said in the past that they were considering taking over this project for Smudger. Has anything come of this? The way I figure it, there would be 4 movies left:

An edit consisting of Mortis and the Citadel arcs
A season 5 edit consisting of the Maul/Mandalore arc and The Ahsoka 'Wrong Jedi' arc
A season 6 edit consisting of the Clone and Yoda arcs
A season 7 edit consisting of the Bad Batch and Ahsoka arcs

I purposely left the finale off this list as in my mind the perfect way to do that has already been done, with Madman's Knowledge splicing together of the finale and Episode III into one.

I severely lack the technical editing skill to create my own edits, but if an experienced editor were willing to continue these in Smudger's style, I would be more than willing to help plan out and storyboard the installments. Any takers?
Perhaps NumeralJoker has done this with his Cinematic Cuts?

Jrzag42

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Perhaps NumeralJoker has done this with his Cinematic Cuts?
I hate to tear people's work apart, especially fans creating these labors of love. That being said, I've tried watching a couple Numeral Joker edits, and tried skimming others. People love them because they're comprehensive and in 4k, but from what I saw they seem...not the best edited. Cuts are far from seamless, and their 52 or however many edits of Clone Wars just seem to feel like episodes strung together with no effort to make them actually feel like movies. They definitely don't seem to hold up to the standards set by Smudger. Not to say that they're bad, if that's all you're looking for then it's not a problem. I just personally wouldn't consider them a replacement or followup to Smudger's edits.
But! I would love for someone to tell me that I'm wrong, that I haven't looked at the best of their edits, or what have you. I have no problem reassessing.

On another note, there was someone on Reddit who made 9 edits spanning the whole series, I believe they mentioned that they were inspired by Smudger. I watched their first edit which seemed promising, and have yet to watch the others. I wish I could remember the name of the editor.

catferoze

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
On another note, there was someone on Reddit who made 9 edits spanning the whole series, I believe they mentioned that they were inspired by Smudger. I watched their first edit which seemed promising, and have yet to watch the others. I wish I could remember the name of the editor.
are you thinking of the 9-film edit by reddit user drdoomblunt? i should get around to watching these

JeremySolo

Reaction score
Trophy Points
That sounds extremely promising! Thanks for the tip!

Last edited:

JeremySolo

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Posting for posterity, for anyone else who wants a continuation in the future. I wont post the link, but if you simply google "reddit drdoomblunt clone wars" you will find the post. If you want a seamless movie watching experience, I would recommend watching only parts 1-4 of Smudger9's edits, then part 4 and onward of drdoomblunt's. I believe Smudger is the better editor, but if you watch his Darth Maul edit instead of Dr's, you will miss out on the season 5 Maul arc.

Unfortunately there is still no edit that uses the Mortis or Citadel arcs, so I'll just be watching those separately after Part 4 of Smudger's edit. Also surprisingly missing from both series of edits is the Yoda arc from season 6. I'd recommend watching those episodes after part 10 of drdoomblunts edits.

Viewing in this order should give you a comprehensive watch through of all the best and most important Clone Wars storylines.

Happy watching!

Last edited:

EddieDean

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I hate to tear people's work apart, especially fans creating these labors of love. That being said, I've tried watching a couple Numeral Joker edits, and tried skimming others. People love them because they're comprehensive and in 4k, but from what I saw they seem...not the best edited. Cuts are far from seamless, and their 52 or however many edits of Clone Wars just seem to feel like episodes strung together with no effort to make them actually feel like movies. They definitely don't seem to hold up to the standards set by Smudger. Not to say that they're bad, if that's all you're looking for then it's not a problem. I just personally wouldn't consider them a replacement or followup to Smudger's edits.
But! I would love for someone to tell me that I'm wrong, that I haven't looked at the best of their edits, or what have you. I have no problem reassessing.

I had a similar experience to yours. I was always a huge fan of Smudger's movies (I maintain an upload of them in case anyone's interested), and then when watching NumeralJoker's edits, I was really glad to see them released as episodes grouping each arc, but wanted each episode/arc to be edited further, and wanted to keep the focus on only the best content and episodes.

So, over on OriginalTrilogy.com I've been working on a project I call The Clone Wars: Refocused, which aims to produce an accessible TV series of the best and most important Clone Wars content, for a 'complete' (but trimmed) Clone Wars experience. I haven't cut the existing episodes into movies, instead turning the show into five seasons each of ten episodes. With the episodes I produce, I'm not aiming for any specific length; like the modern Disney+ shows I'm cutting to what I believe tells the best and best-paced story, so some episodes are shorter and some are longer, but most importantly that there's minimal cringe or unnecessary content in order to tell the story. Each season runs about six hours - about the same as a modern Disney+ Star Wars show, or the Marvel TV shows, so hopefully they're as digestible as possible. But I appreciate that that won't satisfy people who prefer the movie format!

Last edited:
Top Bottom