• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

Ghostbusters (2016)

While I'm all for a female cast, I kind of wish it wasn't a reboot. Ghostbusters is a nearly perfect movie, and I don't like the idea of another movie coming along and saying that the other film never happened.

Indeed, there doesn't even need to be an explanation. How many real-life companies have the exact same people working there 30 years later? Just set the action in the same old firehouse, and we can assume that Ray Stantz and his associates have retired or moved into upper management or something. All we need to know is that the people there now are the current employees.

First look at the new Ghostbusters outfits.

CIs-4n9UwAAtKkW.jpg-large.jpeg

So... the original Ghostbusters outfits and Wolvie's XMO: Origins jacket had sex, and these are their babies?! :p

94.jpg

Yea! Lady Ghostbusters!!!!! I'm so excited! I thought it was never going to happen the way the original cast was bickering about everything.

Oh Chris Hemsworth is gonna be in it. He's great in everything, so that's a plus point.

After initial scepticism, I am totally onboard to give this flick a shot. Not going to have super high expectations (i.e., it will never be as good as ghostbusters) but it could be great. Super cool to see those costumes ready to roll again.

Neglify said:
Here's the new proton pack.

Ghostbusters-proton-pack.jpg

It's cool, but also kinda like they took one of the old ones and turned it upside-down.
221_4983122395.jpg

addiesin said:
they took the old ones and turned it upside-down.

You just described possibly every modern remake.

That's not too bad. At least they're keeping it retro. Still can't beat the real Ecto-1 though.

addiesin said:
It's cool, but also kinda like they took one of the old ones and turned it upside-down.
221_4983122395.jpg

It's bad with the old version looks more real and more bad ass than the new version. I feel this away about the suits, Proton pack and Ecto 1 wanna be.

Our childhoods are being raped once again thanks to Hollywood. I would love for South Park to do an episode about this new ghost busters much like they did with the Indy remake.

juice4z0 said:
Our childhoods are being raped once again thanks to Hollywood. I would love for South Park to do an episode about this new ghost busters much like they did with the Indy remake.

Ugh, I hate that idea of "remakes raping our childhood" but yeah I agree South Park needs to do a Ghostbusters episode making fun of this.

juice4z0 said:
Our childhoods are being raped once again thanks to Hollywood.

Wrong. Not only is it wrong to use rape in this sense, it doesn't affect you if you don't let it. I have no interest in seeing this but I'm not gonna get all upset about it...I just choose not to care.

I was saving this for the perfect occasion, but this'll do.

CzCsKqe.gif

TV's Frink said:
Wrong. Not only is it wrong to use rape in this sense, it doesn't affect you if you don't let it. I have no interest in seeing this but I'm not gonna get all upset about it...I just choose not to care.

Agreed. Nothing against Juice -- I realize it's a common phrase in our pop culture right now -- but I think real rape is too horrible and brutal to associate with something as ultimately meaningless as a bad iteration of a movie franchise.

Also, using George Lucas as an example, George Lucas did not harm my childhood. My childhood is in the past, and George Lucas cannot do anything for or against it at this point. In fact, George Lucas was one of the best things about my childhood. Then, when I was older, he made bad movies in that same fictional universe. But he didn't go back in time and ruin my past.

P.S. I've tried to be optimistic about this movie, but those are some ugly outfits.

Back
Top Bottom