• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

Ghostbusters (2016)

I'm not watching it. Here's an idea: how about coming up with something actually New for this generation that might reflect some creative capacity in Hollywood? This new Ghostbusters, I just hope they give it a subtitle like Batman Begins did so that it won't be confused with one of my favorite movies.

Speaking of which;
Ray Stantz: Everything was fine with our system until the power grid was shut off by dickless here.
Peck: they caused an explosion!
Mayor: is this true?
Peter Venkman: Yes it's true. This man is has no dick.

Paul Feig + Melissa McCarthy = utter crap. I watched Bridesmaids because the ex wanted to watch it, and I thought it was ok....the first time. After that, it became a movie to forget. The Heat I skipped as the trailer looked good, but when the reviews came in, I thought nah. She seems to be given roles that don't fit her, or are wrote to take the piss out of her (thats just how I see it). As soon as I heard both were attached, its instant fail for me. If Feig steps down, and Gunn takes over, my interest will be piqued again, considering Guardians was fooking awesome. But right now, i don't have high hopes for it. It needs to be both funny and exciting, and with Feig, its gonna be another film full of piss taking gags, fart jokes, and derogatory points at McCarthy again. Hell, why dont we just call Bridesmaids Ghostbusters 3 and have done with it, as thats all that'll happen. And I agree....please dont cast Kirsten Wiig. She seems to be in everything and anything these days, and she's not all that talented or funny, just bloody annoying.

ranger613 said:
Ray Stantz: Everything was fine with our system until the power grid was shut off by dickless here.
Peck: they caused an explosion!
Mayor: is this true?
Peter Venkman: Yes it's true. This man is has no dick.

"Human sacrifice, dogs and cats living together... mass hysteria!" I use this line anytime anyone blows something out of proportion.

KobaKommander said:
"Human sacrifice, dogs and cats living together... mass hysteria!" I use this line anytime anyone blows something out of proportion.
Ray, when someone asks you if you're a god, you say*"YES!!!!"

Lol how are you gonna remake that lol

Pp04kxk.jpg

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/notyetamovie/news/?a=110583

the gang reunite :) great seeing them here just a shame Harold Ramis isn't with us :-(

Omaru1982 said:
Who's on the far left, is it William Atherton?

That's director Ivan Reitman. Looks like he could be Seinfeld's cousin.

Omaru1982 said:
Who's on the far left, is it William Atherton?

Someone liked this post. I can't figure out why.

TV's Frink said:
Someone liked this post. I can't figure out why.

I did because it was a question I was glad had been asked. Thanks to Neg for the answer.

Kristen Wiig and Melissa McCarthy have been revealed as two of the four new Ghostbusters alongside 'SNL' stars Leslie Jones and Kate McKinnon.

In France we don't know as well as you, american guys, those female actresses, cause they are not known for being on TV, obviously. I personally don't think I ever saw a movie with any of them, (or maybe I did but I can't remember: same thing).
So the "I'm going to see the movie because I know them" factor won't play with me. But on the other hand I will not be biased either.
The real question is: do I really want to see this movie? And I guess that if I'm continuing to ask myself this question it must be that the answer is no.
Does not mean it couldn't be a fun movie, of course. But well, I did not see the Robocop remake, I did not see the two Amazing Spiderman movies, so it is very possible that I'm not going to see that Ghostbusters" sort of reboot.
What do you guys who know the cast think about them?

As I've said, I can't stand MacCarthy and Wiig, as they are two talentless hacks, and annoy the f**k out of me. I had a feeling both would be cast, and when it was announced both HAD been cast, that for me had killed any interest I had. Either Feig is related to both, or is screwing both is probably why he keeps casting them. For me? Im out, and I'll just keep watching the original two movies, thanks. The other two, nope. No idea who the hell they are at all.

I'm way way less emotional about this and thus won't exaggerate my feelings so much or pretend like my opinion is obvious fact. No offense, JetSet, but that was a little over-heated.

I find Kristen Wiig genuinely funny and to have decent acting range. Melissa McCarthy is like a female Danny McBride - by that I mean her personality sort of overwrites her characters' personalities, so if you like her personality you'll probably like her character. My only exposure to Kate McKinnon is a short SNL sketch where she played Justin Bieber in a parody of his recent Calvin Klein ads, while the impression wasn't spot on, and I felt the joke went on for too long (typical for SNL IMO), her comedic delivery and timing seemed to be fine. I've just today looked up Leslie Jones and watched an SNL sketch called "New Annie" that was ok, it seemed her delivery was something like "I know it's ridiculous but I didn't write it". It's hard to tell on McKinnon and Jones for sure because SNL is not exactly the hallmark of acting experience.

I'll probably see it, but not in theaters. Netflix.

I'm still a little sore about this being a reboot rather than a sequel but I won't lose any sleep over it.

Woah Jet, your harshing my mellow, man. ;-)

I try not to take any casting, writing, or production news to heart. I try not to pass judgement on people being cast in roles before I have seen the final film. When Heath Ledger was cast as the Joker I didn't understand why they would cast the guy from A Knight's Tale to play the main iconic Batman villain but look how that turned out. I learned my lesson. So, when the whole Batfleck casting news blew up the internet I was one of the few who didn't care, I'm actually intrigued to see how he does.

The same goes for this news. Like most people, the Ghostbusters movies are iconic and a staple of my childhood but I'm not going to judge a remake before I have seen any footage such as a trailer. I have liked some of Feig's movies and I've liked Wiig in most things, just watched Skeleton Twins recently and thought she did a really good job.

I do feel a little weary about McCarthy because she has a less than stellar track record and seems to be type cast. That being said, I'm not going to to any bashing until after I see the film. Ivan Reitman is supposedly producing it and this was essentially Bill Murray's idea so therefore I'm down to check it out. We are suppose to be lovers of film after all, we should give almost everything a fair chance, unless Halle Berry is in it :D jk.

All four actresses are very funny and very talented and I'm very excited and you all should be too.

I'm familiar with only Melissa McCarthy (from "Gilmore Girls"). I've heard heard of the others.

I'll go and see it. Why not?

I'd probably see it. My wife is a McCarthy fan ('Bridesmaids', 'The Heat'). Hopefully there's some connection to the originals, maybe Bill Murray in a cameo. I preferred the idea that this new team would be taking up a Ghostbusters franchise, rather than a reboot. Who knows, maybe it'll actually be better than the sequel.

Yep i knew that was coming, and that it would not be a return of the classic Ghostbusters.
That it would be renewed with a all new cast, blah, blah, as soon as i heard that Murray was reluctant to return and after the death of Harold Ramis i knew for sure that it would either be remade or would be a Sequel/Reboot of some sorts. Now i hope they won't mess it up which they probably do and so another one of our childhood memories would be spoiled.

DominicCobb said:
All four actresses are very funny and very talented and I'm very excited and you all should be too.

You're not the boss of me!

McKinnon is one of the funniest people in SNL today. In fact, I've not enjoyed SNL for a long time until the current cast came along. Wiig is always funny, I can't think of something I've seen her do I didn't enjoy. McGruber, Paul, Knocked Up comes to mind. McCarthy is a bit like Sandler. Jones is a tall drink of badass, but for this project, appears to have been chosen as to not have an all white cast. I'd rather seen someone petite in that role, taking the audience by surprise.

Back
Top Bottom