• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Ghostbusters (2016)

T-HOPE

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Do you know if it is also re-released in the Netherlands? From what I ahve heard it was only the UK, but I'm not sure about it.

Gaith

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
A reminder:

... Also, if a movie is inevitable, can we please a) just get it made, already, so we don't have to hear about endless pre-production stuff anymore, and b) get Isla Fischer in one of the jumpers, kthanks.

Cosplayer+-+Brinquedos+Baratos+%2810%29.jpg

gb.jpg

Nic

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Neglify said:
I'd love to see an all-female reboot.

Show of hands, who wants to see Sigourney Weaver use a proton pack and go all Ripley on some ghosts in the next film? Don't tell me you wouldn't want to see that. It would be nice after just playing Venkman's GF. In fact, here's a wishlist of what I'm hoping from this movie:

-Aforementioned SW using a proton pack
-Ray and Winston serving as mentors to a new GB generation (callback to the 2nd film about how they were the only members still "operating") as well as one of the new members getting on Ray's nerves and responding with "ungrateful yuppie larva" (another callback to GB2).
-A callback to this line from the first film: "The franchise rights alone will make us rich beyond our wildest dreams." I think it would be funny because the franchise didn't exactly go in the direction they might have thought it would, possibly.
-(optional) Maybe a reference to Harold Ramis'/Egon's passing, if that's not in bad taste. And lastly:
--Lord & Miller writing directing the film as rumored so it can actually be good.

Gaith

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Though I love Neg's all-female idea, am I the only one who kinda wants to see Andy Samberg bust some ghosts?

DominicCobb

Staff member
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Samberg would be awesome. There's actually some great comedic talent out there. Many options. Here's a random one: I don't know if anyone's familiar with him (he's got a new show called "Review" on Comedy Central so maybe) but Andy Daly would make a great Egon type character.

DominicCobb

Staff member
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Jason Bateman would make a great ghostbuster.

addiesin

Reaction score
Trophy Points
I love Brooklyn Nine Nine, a show whose comedy succeeds despite (but also sometimes because of) Samberg.

I hadn't even considered he could be a Ghostbuster. Honestly I'd be cool with anyone, but I'd like to see someone who's not male and someone who's not white on the team (something I'd like to see more of in films in general, not specific to this one), so not just Seth Rogen and co. But I do love Jason Segel and think he'd do a great job as a sort of Ray "2". I dislike Amy Schumer but feel that she could handle a role with a good director and solid script locked down. Rebel Wilson could do well too.

I guess I just don't want people to be involved if they are not known for comedy. No Zach Efron types. No Robert Pattinson types. No Zooey Deschanel (sorry, you're beautiful, but no).

I kind of hope they don't bring up Ramis'/Egon's death (just in case somebody wants to add a disrespectful "where's his ghost" joke) unless one of the new team is his son or daugter and they use that person as the exposition spewer, and even then it'll have to be done smartly.

And I want to see Slimer.

Nic

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Hang on, let me get you a box of tissues.

Gaith

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
... While we wait for part trois, here is a graphic to keep us informed and entertained (spoiler coded 'cuz it's enormous):

640.jpg

Top Bottom