• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

Back to the Future -The Hill Valley Chronicles Miniseries

I love the new opening title sequence! Just move up the speaker explosion a few seconds like Plissken said, and it'll be perfect.

I also like your titles!

As far as skipping over the 1955 scenes the first time around, I appreciate the attempt to do innovative stuff with the narrative, but I think it throws too much confusion at the audience. You're probably just going to have to let it all play out, even if it means increasing the overall number of episodes.

Your first episode cliffhanger is probably going to be Marty's frantic driving away from the Peabody Farm.

Keep up the great work! This is really starting to shape up well.

Thanks for the feedback Tom!

I do agree running the 1955 scenes from back to the future 1 and 2 in parallel would be confusing for a first time viewer, episodes 4-6 combine all the 1955 narrative as it would have happened that week in 1955 second time around for both 'versions' of Marty.  When I decided to do it though I just wanted to create an alternate way of watching the trilogy. I have had some friends and family watch my version and they havent struggled with the narrative as they are familiar with the timelines. Im hoping the way ive done the 'previouslys' helps with the logic.  I've done the edit more for people familiar with the movies who just want to watch them with a new spin than a first time viewer, personally I quite like stuff that takes multiple viewings to fully make sense like Mememto or Primer etc. not that im comparing my edit with them lol.

Tweaked version of the Johnny Be Good scene combining both movies, done a few tweaks since this render. The 10-4 mistake is in the original movie

After reading Tomh1138s post...
I Gave this some thought and being as I have all the hard work mostly done. Im gonna redo the first 6 or so episodes to give an option A (Tangent skewed all 1955 scene s in episodes 4-6) or option B (which follows the original narrative structure).  Would have been cool to do some menus for this option but as far as I'm aware no way to do this with 720p mp4 files without converting to DVD format

I've finished all 10 episodes of this now, as an extra Im gonna do alternate versions of the first six episodes so that they play out in the same sequence as the original first 2 films for anyone who just wants to watch the originals in a tv style format. If anyone wants to watch my TV cut PM for links

Sinbad said:
I've finished all 10 episodes of this now, as an extra Im gonna do alternate versions of the first six episodes so that they play out in the same sequence as the original first 2 films for anyone who just wants to watch the originals in a tv style format. If anyone wants to watch my TV cut PM for links

Thanks for the alternate experience you have gone out of the way to give us. I know how much extra time that can entail. Looking forward to watching both visions of this edit :)

Both Versions Finished 

The opening title sequence in each episode is slighlty different in each episode to keep things fresh.

Version A (Mindbending Edition all 1955 scenes chronological)
10 Episodes 30mins approx each 

Version B (Directors Edition all episodes ordered as the original movies)
11 Episodes 30mins approx each
Not a huge amount of work gone into this version, I tweaked all the end credit sequences and some previouslys I created for version A and basically went through the movies splicing them into 3-4 episodes each with well placed cliffhangers where possible. Very little editing of the actual movies in this version other than start and end credits. A fun way to watch the movies again in small digestable chunks though. The movies have a good teatime tv feel to them in my opinion which has really made the TV style conversion work in my opinion.
PM me and choose your weapon version A or B if interested. Gonna submit after feedback.

Version A and B share some of the same t episode titles even though the actual episode is different.

Version A Episode Titles
1. History's Gonna Change
2. Future Proofing
3. Back and Forthright
4. Two Heads Are Better Than None
5.A Date With Density
6. Happy Temporal Junction Point of the Entire Space Time Continuum Day!
7. Snail Mail
8. Hang 'em at High Noon
9. The Good, the Badand the Lovestruck Inventor
10. Back To The Future?

Version B
1.History's Gonna Change
2.Two Heads are Better Than None
3. A Date with Density
4. Back to To the Future?
5. Future Proofing
6. Back and Forthright.
7. Happy Temporal Junction Point of the Entire Space Time Continuum Day!
8. Snail Mail
9. Hang 'em at High Noon
10. The Good, the Bad and the Lovestruck Inventor
11. Next Stop 1985?

Great! PM sent. Didn't specify in the PM but probably would watch the Version A but possibly also the link for Version B to give the feedback. Thanks. :)

Sinbad said:
4. Back to To the Future?

Is he that unsure he'll go back? :D

P. S. I'll probably make the cover art too. A poster, a square one for iTunes, and the DVD. If you'd like a Criterion one just ask.

theryaney said:
Is he that unsure he'll go back? :D

P. S. I'll probably make the cover art too. A poster, a square one for iTunes, and the DVD. If you'd like a Criterion one just ask.

Haha missed that one, hopefully no errors like that in all my custom end credits etc!

I'll send a PM in a bit buddy with all the links

Cover art would be fab!! I was gonna ask if someone might fancy doing it as my attempts so far have been pretty clunky.

Here's my cover:
thvc.png

What do you think?

Still downloading. :)

Great art!

Is this fan edit being submitted officially? Would be interested in giving it a watch.

Perfect!!!!

Thats really great I love that Marty's image is a mix of all 3 movies with the flux capacitor dividing them up. That's exactly what I was looking for, all it would need  for the reverse cover on the dvd would be an image of doc and the delorean and it would have all the key elements of the movies in the artwork right there which I'm sure you've probably already considered. It's that good I wanna go back and improve my edit to match the quality of the artwork!

Great work buddy!!!

Juniquex said:
Great art!

Is this fan edit being submitted officially? Would be interested in giving it a watch.

Yes I'm just waiting for feedback and suggestions so I can tweak or improve it in anyway, PM me for links if you would like to preview it, provide feedback suggestions etc..

I got to watch episode one of both versions to compare the other day and I liked what I saw. I found I'm more interested in your non linear version. The dream sequence worked when it was flowing with the whole episode and really gave the edit that little twist it needed. I think it sells the new format well.

I do think the opening credits should have a moment of black screen and silence before diving straight into the episode.

The opening scene choice was great great btw. This really started to feel like a late 80s early 90s Thursday night TV show.

The opening credits video appears to be sped up? There appears to be some video issues during scenes with movement during the credits.

@"theryaney" , as usual, I really like the art scheme you've come up with. Great eye and representation of the edit and its goals.

I'll post more feedback as I watch more.

DigModiFicaTion said:
I got to watch episode one of both versions to compare the other day and I liked what I saw. I found my more interested in your noon linear version. The dream sequence worked when it was flowing with the whole episode and really gave the edit that little twist it needed. I think it sells the new format as well.

I do think the opening credits should have a moment of black screen and silence before diving straight into the episode.

The opening scene choice was great great btw. This really started to feel link an 80s night time TV show.

I'm currently watching the first episode. The opening sequence is great. My first thoughts were also on the transition from intro to opening scene. Fading to black beforehand would be a good idea. 

I wasn't aware there was more than one version. Which one have I been sent, @sinbad?

Thanks for the feedback DigiM!

Yeah I did a little bit of extra work on the dream sequence (added echo, some music and clock striking 10:04) I felt it needed something to justify the jump over 1955 the first time.

Im confused why the titles look sped up, the only clip that was originally sped up was the 'paper sliding left to right' and I put that back to its orginal framerate to fix it as I knew there was frame blending there. Render framerate matches the 23.976 source files??

Juniquex said:
DigModiFicaTion said:
I got to watch episode one of both versions to compare the other day and I liked what I saw. I found my more interested in your noon linear version. The dream sequence worked when it was flowing with the whole episode and really gave the edit that little twist it needed. I think it sells the new format as well.

The opening scene choice was great great btw. This really started to feel link an 80s night time TV show.

I'm currently watching the first episode. The opening sequence is great. My first thoughts were also on the transition from intro to opening scene. Fading to black beforehand would be a good idea. 

I wasn't aware there was more than one version. Which one have I been sent, @sinbad?

Both, the version marked alternate version episode 1,2,3 etc just follows the order of the original films whereas the one with HVC in the titles has the 1955 scences from back to the future 1 and 2 running in parallel chronologically.

Ah, got it.

Currently watching the theatrical timeline version, but I'm interested in your original idea, so will give that a whirl a bit later.

Sinbad said:
Im confused why the titles look sped up, the only clip that was originally sped up was the 'paper sliding left to right' and I put that back to its orginal framerate to fix it as I knew there was frame blending there. Render framerate matches the 23.976 source files??

I'll double check to see if maybe it was my phone. Samsung S5's seem to do the cinema vision thing to movies which makes it hard to tell if the video is running at the correct rate.

Back
Top Bottom