• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Vote now in wave 1 of the FEOTM Reboot!

Back to the Future -The Hill Valley Chronicles Miniseries

Just watched episode 5. Pretty good. I really like seeing the 2 doc and Martys link up. My main qualm is, similar to with previous episodes, the end credits being too abrupt. Same with Episode 4 (but I imagine you're already in the process of addressing that). 

It's also a good idea to put doc getting shot in the "previously" on episode 5 since a part of the narrative for that episode is Marty wanting to warn him of his fate.

Juniquex said:
Just watched episode 5. Pretty good. I really like seeing the 2 doc and Martys link up. My main qualm is, similar to with previous episodes, the end credits being too abrupt. Same with Episode 4 (but I imagine you're already in the process of addressing that). 

It's also a good idea to put doc getting shot in the "previously" on episode 5 since a part of the narrative for that episode is Marty wanting to warn him of his fate.
you timed that perfectly i'm just playing with the episode 5 previously although I think i have shown him getting shot in thge new episodes 2-4 previously's so if the audience dont know by now ??!! lol  Yes I have a different style ending to episodes 2-9 now.

I actually like the abrupt endings. I think if you added a "whoosh" sound or the sound of the DeLorean going into time travel it would make for a great transition to the credits.

DigModiFicaTion said:
I actually like the abrupt endings. I think if you added a "whoosh" sound or the sound of the DeLorean going into time travel it would make for a great transition to the credits.

Thanks Digim!

Yes the intention there was to kind of 'p**s off' the first time viewer by the credits slamming in just as 'its getting good' kinda thing but using the 'executive producer' credit before the end credits start does make it feel more TV-ish I guess.  I'm glad Ive had some criticism cause I've made some little changes elsewhere too I hadn't thought of before.  Still enjoying the collaborative process ... I think....lol

have you noticed any technical issues I need to address yet Digim?

Sinbad said:
Still enjoying the collaborative process ... I think....lol

Thanks for being open to feedback. I know I usually end up with a better end product and prefer many of the changes others suggest. I'll try to watch some more this evening and give feedback about technical stuff as requested.

Thanks Digim appreciated, its all pretty uniform source/project settings wise so if a couple of episodes are ok I would think others are framerate wise, might be some sound issues Im unaware of though...

Sinbad said:
 I'm glad Ive had some criticism cause I've made some little changes elsewhere too I hadn't thought of before.  Still enjoying the collaborative process ... I think....lol

Just remember that at the end of the day this is your edit. People will make suggestions, but take them as just that - suggestions. You set out with a vision in mind and you shouldn't compromise on that in an effort to please everyone - not if it means you aren't happy with the final result.

The collaborative process can be great, but there will inevitably be times when opinions clash. At times like that the decision lies with you to go with what you think is best.

DigModiFicaTion said:
Thanks for being open to feedback. 

Ditto DigM

It's good to be involved :)

Ditto DigM

It's good to be involved :)

No doubt about it, the edit is definitely getting better with you guys involved!

yes I wanted to make the title for episode 6 as convoluted as the events of the episode!

ive retitled episode 9 as
The Good, The Bad and the Lovely (always liked Mary Steenburgen especially in Time after Time! a fab villain in Justified too!)

Slept on the deja vu stuff and decided my execution of it was pretty clunky.  I still wanted to incoporate it into episodes 2 and 3 though so apart from one instance Ive gone for audio only where Ive used it. For instance when Ol Biff hollers 'Hey Mcfly!' we hear an echoy voice from the past of young biff ' didnt i tell you never to come in here!' Theres even a future echo from the past in episode 3 now that Marty hasnt even witnessed yet!

Extra dream sequence inserted into episode 3 about as yet unseen events of the first 55 trip, this comes directly after Marty finds oun his mom is married to Biff in the alternate 85

theryaney said:
Nice. I think it works.

thanks pal

Juniquex suggested that I needed to keep the events of the 'hopped over' 55 events in the viewers mind during episodes 2 and 3, this scene seemed like the right place to insert something without it beeing too jarring

Added Next Episode Teaser for all episode heres episode 4

Cool. I'd probably try to avoid having the "next time" music overlap with the universal theme at the end though. The 2 tunes clash.

yeah thats a rough cut from earlier already fixed

Sinbad said:
yeah thats a rough cut from earlier already fixed

Cool. 

Well done on the dream sequence btw. Looks good!

Oh, that really works. How about cutting the Universal tune entirely?

this ones a bad example as i left huey lewis playing over the end hadnt realised that was the sample i upped to vimeo . the universal logo bookends it quite well when the audios mixed properly

i've done something a bit different for Episode 10, a closing montage / credit sequence featuring pretty much everyone from the trilogy. it runs after the normal 30 second tv credits which are just white on black for the final episode.

Back
Top Bottom