• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

Back to the Future -The Hill Valley Chronicles Miniseries

Remember to that there are many in the lunch line. You'll get to the front in time.

im not complaining about waiting, but being pulled up like a naughty schoolchild because I sent a second PM  has somewhat irked me. I was asked the question and reprimanded (in a fashion) for my answer.  At no point have I complained, Having said fhat I sent a message for another edit 9 days ago and I have had no confirmation of reciept of that message either.

Can't even give people advice these days anymore.

addiesin said:
Can't even give people advice these days anymore.

I dont wish to come across as being impatient or pushy, I simply requested for this project to but put in the pending approval section as I would not be allowed to start another ITW thread now as I already have two both of which are now completed, I dont wish to break any forum rules and I am fully aware people have busy lives and the first admission moderator may have many messages awaiting reply. So while i apologise for coming across a little irritated I don't think I'm being unreasonable or impatient sending a second message when I didn't get any confirmation the first message had even been read.

I understood all that. But, two things. 

1 I am not a staff member here (though I used to be a mod, yes). I was simply trying to help you out with some advice and reasoning to back up said advice. I'm no longer interested in doing that or continuing the conversation past this response.

2 You are too impatient and your irritation may be contagious. It's best to take facts for what they are without the need to get defensive about every action. Frankly, I don't care how many PMs you send. It has no effect on me or my life. But you're more likely to get good results if you follow what others have done, which is to send a message and be patient. 

Good luck with your endeavors. I'm done here.

Point taken sir thankyou

Holy moly.

First off, we don't move threads to Pending Approval until they're officially submitted.

Second, it doesn't matter given your stated purpose, because you are allowed two project threads.  Doesn't matter if they are in ITW or Pending, you get a grand total of two.

Third, we're all quite busy.  We try to respond to PMs as we have time but sometimes it takes a little while.  I often don't open PMs until I have time to address them, so it still shows at the top of the forum that I have a PM and I don't forget to deal with it.  Once I open the PM, the notification disappears and I might forget to go back to it when I have time.  If you send me a PM on Monday, there's a chance I might not open it until Friday or Saturday, despite the fact that I'm here pretty much every day.  Sending me two messages in a three day period might just annoy me.  It probably won't, especially if I know you, but that's always a possibility.  Especially if I've had a particularly bad and/or busy day.

Fourth, you can also try user-tagging a member. Type "@" immediately followed by their name.  It will send them a notification they've been tagged.  But don't abuse it.

Lastly, if you can't get a hold of one staff member, try a polite PM to another staff member.  If you had sent me a PM asking about this, I would have already contacted @"DominicCobb" on your behalf by now.

I apologise guys, i will make a concerted effort to ensure I get used to how it works round here. The ethos of this place is great, the last thing I want to do is upset people.. please accept my apologies.

This project has taken a bit of a left turn, I've decided to do the whole trilogy as a mock TV series, it looks like it will turn out at 10 half hour episodes of which I've completed four so far. The structure will be as planned before with all 1955 scenes taking place at the same time.

it takes about 10 second for the video to start as I had over compensated the render region

Ooh, a TV edit! That sounds fun. Are you going to do an opening theme at the beginning of every episode?

yes there is a title sequence and a 'previously on' every episode after the first episode. Its looking like 9 episodes roughly 35 mins each. Some are shorter some slightly longer, did it that way to get a bit of cliffhanger after every episode.

Well this project took an interesting twist. Is it possible for a preview of that new opening?

Heres an early version I've done a bit more work on the credits since, each episode has a previously this one being from episode 2 for the first episode

Nice, I kinda like it. The fonts are okay for a TV show, though I'll prefer the back to the future font, especially for that "Previously"

Good job. I'll be looking forward to this. :)

yes ive got the BTTF font installed but the one Ive got looks a bit like a 'knock off' I've changed the font I was using since then  for the credits anyway. This was my first go at a 'previously' the other day so it looks a fair bit different now and Ive used a speech generator for 'previously on back to the future' audio.

Wow, that looks terrific!

The "Previously" stuff is masterfully done. I liked the intercutting of the audio clips with the video to tell the story more quickly. It looked like a professional job! 

The opening credits are also terrific. I've long thought of what such an edit might look like, and this is really good. You do a particularly good job of cutting down Alan Silvestri's theme to a minute without it sounding jumpy. If it were me, I'd include Lea Thompson and Thomas F. Wilson in the opening credits too. It would be fun to see them in their various guises. But that's just expressing a preference; at the end of your day, it's your edit.  :)

If you can get the font fixed like theryaney suggested (I know you're working on it), that could really put this edit over the top!

Regardless of the fonts, you have some nice cuts in the previously segment and the titles. I didn't watch too far beyond that.

Thanks guys, I'll get there with the font stuff, know what you mean about lea thompson and thomas f. wilson, I have dropped credits in for them now but no actual video footage as yet, I could really do with another movement in the theme to fit them in better without 'squeezing' them in.  The 'previouslys' are going well but Silvestri's score can get in the way alot lol especially in the more dramatic/climatic scenes.

tweaked opening titles

Back
Top Bottom