• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

Avengers: Age of Ultron: Extinction Edition

Are you including this sequence?

I especially like the Quicksilver chatting up the girl moment. Bit of a Ferris Bueller moment, there.

flaminio said:
Are you including this sequence?

I especially like the Quicksilver chatting up the girl moment. Bit of a Ferris Bueller moment, there.

I have put it in and even fixed a little bit of the unfinished effects when he speeds away from the second guy

Should it have of taken this long to do an extended cut of a film? Probably not. But hey, its almost finished again for the 4th time. The only 2 things that needed changing was the score in the Bruce/Nat scene and the quick shot of Vision's eyes during his birth as I screwed the brightness. 

I've also been working on a few (9) special features for a potential DVD/Blu-Ray release, but if I can't figure out how to make a disc I'll just put them in a folder alongside the film. 

Here's a poster as well that is subject to change because everything I release is subject to change. 

jtzILWt.png

Sweet! You've probably answered this before, and I just missed it, but it's probably worth asking again since it's been a few months since an update:
What's the final runtime of the edit?

jrWHAG42 said:
Sweet! You've probably answered this before, and I just missed it, but it's probably worth asking again since it's been a few months since an update:
What's the final runtime of the edit?

Currently at 2:32:34 since I added the Winter Solider prologue, but I'm having second thoughts about including it. Since Joss Whedon made both Avengers films to appeal to anyone who hadn't seen the rest of the universe, does the new prologue make sense? They start taking about Fury, Shield, Hydra, would this all make sense to someone? I figure it all probably does work anyway.

I personally don't think the prologue belongs there. I like the explosive media-res opening.

Bobson Dugnutt said:
Currently at 2:32:34 since I added the Winter Solider prologue, but I'm having second thoughts about including it. Since Joss Whedon made both Avengers films to appeal to anyone who hadn't seen the rest of the universe, does the new prologue make sense? They start taking about Fury, Shield, Hydra, would this all make sense to someone? I figure it all probably does work anyway.

While those name drops might not make sense right away, the Avengers are after Hydra in the first scene, and Fury and a Shield heli-carrier appear later in the film, so the information is there.

However, after rewatching it, it is a little obvious that it was originally a post credits scene, mostly because of the beginning of the conversation (which happens to be the same part with the name drops), it's kind of wrapping up the Cap 2 story before driving into other stuff. The best part of it is the end, the introduction of the twins. 

My suggestion: 
Maybe you could start with that same establishing shot (but reverse it like Masi suggested a while back so it's zooming in, not out) with audio of their conversation coming in over it a little. Then cut into the interior scene as they enter the room with Loki's scepter. Then we still get to establish where the scepter is, and we get the line about how Captain America will be thrown off (this is now a subtle bit of comedy since we see in the very next scene he's wrong and the Avengers have already found him), and we still get the intro to the twins, which I think is a really good inclusion for an extended edition.

Hope you keep at least some of the scene, but understand if you decide not to. Good luck on the home stretch, Bobs!

addiesin said:
Maybe you could start with that same establishing shot (but reverse it like Masi suggested a while back so it's zooming in, not out) with audio of their conversation coming in over it a little. Then cut into the interior scene as they enter the room with Loki's scepter. Then we still get to establish where the scepter is, and we get the line about how Captain America will be thrown off (this is now a subtle bit of comedy since we see in the very next scene he's wrong and the Avengers have already found him), and we still get the intro to the twins, which I think is a really good inclusion for an extended edition.

Here's an edited version with your suggestions

I cut the start with the Hydra/Shield coin stuff and just went straight into the Scepter stuff with the Doctor saying "It's over, Strucker if they get word of our work here..." 

Probably makes more sense in context like this.

Bobson Dugnutt said:
addiesin said:

I cut the start with the Hydra/Shield coin stuff and just went straight into the Scepter stuff with the Doctor saying "It's over, Strucker if they get word of our work here..." 

Works great! Does this mean you’re taking that scene out of your winter soldier edit?

stferguson78 said:
Works great! Does this mean you’re taking that scene out of your winter soldier edit?

Not at all, I'll leave it there as it sets up AOU well and has that neat coin line that I cut here. And to answer your PM, no I have not yet updated the links as of yet. 

And also, here's a nice little trailer I edited together myself from scratch unlike my usual lazy way

Bobson Dugnutt said:

I love it, but that's no surprise.  :D

One of the final fixes with the edit, Strucker's death scene. Added some monsterous footsteps coming towards him

Bobson Dugnutt said:
One of the final fixes on Strucker's death scene. Added some monsterous footsteps coming towards him

This is awesome. I didn't think that scene would flow well placed in there but it does.

Bobson Dugnutt said:
One of the final fixes with the edit, Strucker's death scene. Added some monsterous footsteps coming towards him

Definitely adds more menace to the scene!

The version I watched, 1.7, was really well edited, but there was one scene that was way out of sync with its audio. That one was the one where Captain America and Maria Hill talk, Clint is talking on the phone with his “girlfriend”, and the second deleted scene with Rhodey on the computer screen and the Avengers talking/researching afterwards.

As a movie I thought Samspider3’s version flowed the best, while the theatrical one felt rushed. Though I liked this version more than the theatrical version, I thought this one dragged a little bit, and the newest added scenes didn’t add that much imho... Except the “FASCIST” graffiti scene which I love.

A perfect preferred version of Age of Ultron for me would be the Samspider3’s version with unfinished special effects fixed this time (as with the Extinction Edition) and the graffiti scene.

Almost done? After seeing Endgame I need to revisit this movie, and a nice EE would be sweet.

Back
Top Bottom