• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

Avengers: Age of Ultron: Extinction Edition

baileym43 said:
but like i and everyone else agrees, you've made something out of nothing already.  keep going with it.

Not everyone agrees. I feel it’s very disjointed and totally out of place. The scene was more perfect with the drum soundtrack and the racing from Arrow.

It also goes against the grain about how and why the Hulk transforms. Banner also doesn’t get mad about trying to kill himself. In fact, he’s at peace with that knowledge as he calmly and assertively presented that when it was divulged.

I feel the scene was much better without the flashbacks.

Put me down for another "no flashbacks" vote. I think it worked better without them. Honeatly, I think it would work best with no flashbacks and the jungle segment shortened (though I get that this is an extended cut, so getting it to work without shortening it is probably the goal).

I do think the jungle bits need some foley work on top of the music, though. Even if you decide to go with the flashbacks.

ChainsawAsh said:
I do think the jungle bits need some foley work on top of the music, though. Even if you decide to go with the flashbacks.

Did you check out the Arrow intro that he's also considering adding? [Check out the first 15 seconds of this]

I think it would be a PERFECT addition!

ChainsawAsh said:
this is an extended cut, so getting it to work without shortening it is probably the goal

Bingo. Not a fan fix, but an extended edition. Not intended to be better than the theatrical, but longer. For that purpose, in that context, the flashbacks work conceptually. The scene as a whole isn't polished/finished enough to be placed into the film yet, but once the details are ironed out I think it'll be a nice new scene.

I like the idea but it does feel somewhat out of place. I'd say to just keep the audio flashbacks but add a lot of reverb so it sounds like a memory if that makes sense. But I think the visual flashbacks do break momentum. Also a great line that I think would be good to put is 'sun's getting real low' on repeat. Like he's trying to remember the lullaby to calm himself down but he's being unsuccessful about it.

I don't know if I can even polish the flashback bits to a point where I am happy with them anyway. Here's a cleaned up version without them, adding some extra SFX. 

And here is Cap throwing his helmet back into the Quinjet, now with sound thanks to Crimson713!

And also, here's the Winter Soldier mid-credits scene added before the Marvel fanfare. Works well (I think?)

Bobson Dugnutt said:
And here is Cap throwing his helmet back into the Quinjet, now with sound thanks to Crimson713!

Sweet baby Jesus, I feel like I just made it to the big leagues. It works really well! I'm so glad I could help out.

The Hulk scene needs the Iron Man sound at the beginning when Tony flies away. I think it could maybe use some Hulk growls too, if there are no flashbacks.

The cap helmet sound works.

The pre Marvel card scene works too imo, but might be better starting with an establishing shot? Idk if there's a clean still shot of that location exterior though.

Crimson713 said:
Sweet baby Jesus, I feel like I just made it to the big leagues. It works really well! I'm so glad I could help out.
I'm glad I have you to help out! Works and sounds far better than it did before

addiesin said:
I think it could maybe use some Hulk growls too, if there are no flashbacks.

There are a few Hulk growls, maybe they're too faint but I put them in there while he is hunched over towards the end

addiesin said:
The pre Marvel card scene works too imo, but might be better starting with an establishing shot? Idk if there's a clean still shot of that location exterior though.

There is one when Ultron uploads into the castle after leaving the Avengers Tower, that should work just fine I think.

New prologue now with the exterior of Fort Bard/Strucker's Castle

Loved it too. Maybe if you reversed the establishing shot so we get closer to it instead of going away from it it would be even better?

I've now got v1.7 up which may/may not be finalised. PM me for an updated link

Bobson Dugnutt said:
I've now got v1.7 up which may/may not be finalised. PM me for an updated link

Which deleted scenes are not complete enough to use? Do you know them off hand?

I do know them off hand since I've been working on this pretty frequently

- 2nd half of Hulk's Village Rampage 
- Extended Vision vs the Avengers fight
- 1st part of the Sokovian Graffiti scene (has an unfinished Quinjet and Cap's shield)
- Black Widow fighting an Ultron bot with a chain

I believe this is everything that has VFX not completed to a standard where it won't stick out significantly if inserted into the final film. I will make a workprint after 100% finishing this edit. I'm trying to include a Pre-Vis version of the Hulkbuster fight as well in there if possible.

Interesting tidbit I found while looking for some music, think it might be the original track for the Hulk Jungle scene. It fits alright, but I still prefer the new King Kong track to this. 

Say did you happen to add the brief shot of Cap kicking down the doors leading to Struckers base from the trailers ?

Horrifyingly Hillarous said:
Say did you happen to add the brief shot of Cap kicking down the doors leading to Struckers base from the trailers ?

Sadly not. It's too brief and in slo-mo, so it wouldn't bode well with the rest of the scene if sped up or left slowed down. 

Speaking of which, here is a quick video of everything from the trailers that I couldn't use

Back
Top Bottom