• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

Avengers: Age of Ultron: Extinction Edition

Nic said:
I'm surprised there's all this footage I didn't know about, like Banner Hulking out in the forest, or the jacket Wanda's wearing belonging to Natasha, or Pietro running to everyone in Sokovia. What release of the movie were all of these scenes on?

It's from the MCU Phase 2 Box Set which has a bonus disc with a lot of new deleted scenes. They re-released it recently in a more compact box, so I was able to get it. There is new deleted stuff for all of the Phase 2 films, so look forward to extended editions of them in the future.

ajdelgado75 said:
When will this edition be out?

Sometime soon after I fix all the bugs. Hopefully won't be sonn but you never know with these things

KevinSnyder said:
The Hulk in the jungle scene is pretty fricken great.

It's good in isolation, but apparently slows the film to a grinding halt and is largely devoid of sound design. Needs to be trimmed down or cut entirely. I was thinking maybe just use the first half of Bruce in the jungle, but we'll see.

Bobson Dugnutt said:

KevinSnyder said:
  The Hulk in the jungle scene is pretty fricken great.

It's good in isolation, but apparently slows the film to a grinding halt and is largely devoid of sound design. Needs to be trimmed down or cut entirely. I was thinking maybe just use the first half of Bruce in the jungle, but we'll see.

I was re-looking at this scene, and while I agree that the first portion possibly grinds the film to a halt, I firmly believe that all of it should be included.

With that being said, how about possibly adding in a background music soundtrack that is fast paced and seem to keep pushing it forward. Also, possibly take some other "hulking out" sounds/growls from other Hulk/Avengers movies and add them to the background. If need be, alter these hulking out sounds/growls so that they seem like they are his inner voice and that would coincide with the video footage that seems to show Bruce fighting the inner demons (as opposed to the controlled rage at the end of the first one Avengers movie). I think adding a fast paced musical soundtrack and inner hulk sounds would solve the issue of the movie grinding to a halt.

There is also the possibility that just as the scene is about to change POV from where he is in the jungle to the town nearby, you could have a growing (as in decibel/loudness)/echoing Hulking out sound culminating is a full out Hulk out growl as it spreads across both scene bits. This would signify Bruce loosing out to those inner demons.

Maybe something with fast paced drum, such as from older Tarzan movie or better yet, the music with drums from Peter Jackson’s King Kong when the natives were going to make the human sacrifice of Ann to Kong. That would be perfect I think.

heathen3017 said:
I was re-looking at this scene, and while I agree that the first portion possibly grinds the film to a halt, I firmly believe that all of it should be included.

With that being said, how about possibly adding in a background music soundtrack that is fast paced and seem to keep pushing it forward. Also, possibly take some other "hulking out" sounds/growls from other Hulk/Avengers movies and add them to the background. If need be, alter these hulking out sounds/growls so that they seem like they are his inner voice and that would coincide with the video footage that seems to show Bruce fighting the inner demons (as opposed to the controlled rage at the end of the first one Avengers movie). I think adding a fast paced musical soundtrack and inner hulk sounds would solve the issue of the movie grinding to a halt.

There is also the possibility that just as the scene is about to change POV from where he is in the jungle to the town nearby, you could have a growing (as in decibel/loudness)/echoing Hulking out sound culminating is a full out Hulk out growl as it spreads across both scene bits. This would signify Bruce loosing out to those inner demons.

Maybe something with fast paced drum, such as from older Tarzan movie or better yet, the music with drums from Peter Jackson’s King Kong when the natives were going to make the human sacrifice of Ann to Kong. That would be perfect I think.

Haven't seen anything Tarzan (not even the Disney film, yikes!) nor have I watched King Kong, so I have no clue on if any of the music would be a good match. I could add that hulk growling, but not too sure.

The current version is now up, so if you are interesting in previewing and providing technical feedback, feel free to PM me.

Holy cow I cannot wait for this. Age of Ultron is probably the peak of Superhero film for me. It was the perfect balance of everything superhero film has done right. Action, high-stakes, humor, gravitas, fully-realized villains, heroes being heroes, heroes fighting heroes, introspection into a superheroes mindset, the effect superherosim has on an individual, victory over immeasurable odds, world-changing events, heroes actively shaping history, and the actual grandeur and spectacle that these larger-than-life characters need.

To say I'm excited would be an understatement.

PM sent.

With help from heathen3017, I've added some new music to the start of the Hulk's Village Rampage scene. It's a track from Peter Jackson's King Kong entitled "Sacrfice: Part 2". I feel like the scene works better, but other thoughts welcomed. 

Bobson Dugnutt said:
With help from heathen3017, I've added some new music to the start of the Hulk's Village Rampage scene. It's a track from Peter Jackson's King Kong entitled "Sacrfice: Part 2". I feel like the scene works better, but other thoughts welcomed. 

I agree, it works better.

Bobson Dugnutt said:

I don't know if it's been suggested before, but how does Craig Armstrong's Incredible Hulk soundtrack work there? It would work great imo also with musical continuity.

I believe it works great. You did a fantastic job with it. My son also loves it. Definitely an improvement.

Wow, I was completely against putting that scene back in because I thought it slowed the pacing (which I guess in a way it still does) but that music really created a great mood and made it very intense. 

What I think could make this scene really work is to maybe add some foley in the earlier shots of Bruce, even if it's slightly faded. And maybe to make it even cooler, since in this moment Scarlett Witch is showing everyone the thing they fear, you can have faded voices in the background of Bruce's past. Like lines from Betty & Thunderbolt Ross, Bruce's speech about attempted suicide from Avengers 1, "I'm exposed... like a nerve.", trying to remember Natasha's lullaby song to clam down, etc.

Of course that's a lot of work so it's just me thinking out loud really. But overall really cool! I'd also be excited to get the link for the newest workprint.

krlozdac said:
Wow, I was completely against putting that scene back in because I thought it slowed the pacing (which I guess in a way it still does) but that music really created a great mood and made it very intense. 

What I think could make this scene really work is to maybe add some foley in the earlier shots of Bruce, even if it's slightly faded. And maybe to make it even cooler, since in this moment Scarlett Witch is showing everyone the thing they fear, you can have faded voices in the background of Bruce's past. Like lines from Betty & Thunderbolt Ross, Bruce's speech about attempted suicide from Avengers 1, "I'm exposed... like a nerve.", trying to remember Natasha's lullaby song to clam down, etc.

Of course that's a lot of work so it's just me thinking out loud really. But overall really cool! I'd also be excited to get the link for the newest workprint.

Thanks for your feedback on the new music as well, I agree it sounds far superior. 

I think some of the SFX here from the start of the pilot of Arrow could work as it has havy breathing and running through the woods. I do have this on DVD, so it'd be easy for me to rip and slap into the timeline at the start of the scene

And as for a flashback, I think something was suppost to go there in between the jump cut of him rubbing his eyes. With people's greatest fears being realised in these visions, I think a bit from The Avengers when he is hulking out and looks at Nat as she says "Bruce" could work as one of his greatest fears could be hurting her. 

The line "I'm exposed, like a nerve. It's a nightmare" could also work as you've suggested. I don't know if I wanna use stuff from TIH as most people seem to forget it, but if there are some good Thunderbolt Ross lines there or some shots of distraught people in Harlem, I'd definitly use it. I haven't seen the film though for a long time, so I have no clue if there is something there that works. 

heathen3017 said:
I believe it works great. You did a fantastic job with it. My son also loves it. Definitely an improvement.

Thanks for the help in tracking down the perfect score for the scene, it really is an improvment on the empty feeling of the original scene. I hope your son ends up enjoying the final product!

Masirimso17 said:
I don't know if it's been suggested before, but how does Craig Armstrong's Incredible Hulk soundtrack work there? It would work great imo also with musical continuity.

It hasn't been suggested yet, but just by listening to a few tracks on the OST, "Bruce Must Do It" could work, but it feels too sentimental.

There's a couple of great shots of Betty Ross injured & unconscious from Banner hulking out, & General Ross injured with blood on his head sitting over her body trying to protect her. I think it might be in the opening credits or perhaps a flashback but, while brief, it's a great visual representation of his worst fears being realised- the risk of hurting innocents & those he cares about through being out of control.

stferguson78 said:
There's a couple of great shots of Betty Ross injured & unconscious from Banner hulking out, & General Ross injured with blood on his head sitting over her body trying to protect her. I think it might be in the opening credits or perhaps a flashback but, while brief, it's a great visual representation of his worst fears being realised- the risk of hurting innocents & those he cares about through being out of control.

I don't know if I want to use Betty Ross as she was the former love intrest and no longer a driving force for him like Black Widow is now, but we'll see

Bobson Dugnutt said:
Masirimso17 said:

It hasn't been suggested yet, but just by listening to a few tracks on the OST, "Bruce Must Do It" could work, but it feels too sentimental.

The beginning of the main titles or the beginning of Harlem Brawl could do it?

Back
Top Bottom