• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

Avengers: Age of Ultron: Extinction Edition

Bobson Dugnutt said:
I think some of the SFX here from the start of the pilot of Arrow could work as it has havy breathing and running through the woods. I do have this on DVD, so it'd be easy for me to rip and slap into the timeline at the start of the scene

That would be an awesome addition. Listening to the first few moments of that clip really nailed it. Combining those first few moments of the Arrow clip with the new soundtrack really gives the scene the needed adrenaline kick it originally lacked.

EXCELLENT WORK!

Everything looks lovely so far, that new music over Bruce in the jungle works great. I definitely would have a brief glimpse of something when he looks up or rubs his eyes, perhaps some lines from Avengers from Bruce regarding hulk and his attempted suicide, maybe even hulks roar as we pan over the trees to reveal the village.

I like it, very good with the music. If we're talking visions, everyone else had visions either of their past, or something to do with their future, as in Thor's case. Maybe mash together some stuff as already recommended, along with a hint of Ragnarok and Infinity War.

So far, I'm thinking of using

- "I'm exposed, like a nerve, it's a nightmare"
- "I put a bullet in my mouth and the other guy spat it out" (with TIH deleted scene)
- Nat saying "Bruce" before he hulks out in The Avengers
- Some distraught people (couldn't find any in TIH, maybe use Hulkbuster fight?)
- Hulk fighting Surtur from Ragnarok (a glimpse of the future, just like what Thor had seen)
- Hulk being bested by Thanos (or just a shot of him on the ground beaten)

I don't know if I could even fit all this is, but it's just some collected thoughts. 

I'd also like to know people's thoughts about using the Winter Soldier's post credits scene before the Marvel fanfare to sort of establish Strucker a bit more. I think it could work and it does add some runtime.

With regards to the scene bits, I’d stay aware from the two premonition types. You mentioned that Thor did a similar thing, but he’s a demigod and has to use a mystic pool in order to do so. There is nothing in Hulk’s or Banner’s history or makeup that would suggest the same for Bruce/Hulk. Plus, Hulk is pure rage and thrives in chaos. An entity like that really could care less about the future so it would be severely out of sorts for that to happen and have it mean anything.

With regards to the Winter Soldier scene addition, I’m torn. In some ways I could see it being a worthy addition, and other ways not. Probably best to see it in context somewhat if that’s possible.

I definitely think you should add that scene as a cold open. It shouldn't have been a post credits scene, where only diehards would see it. In the theatrical film, Strucker comes out of nowhere and these twins who are never introduced beforehand seem shoehorned in because Ultron needed assistants. This scene doesn't answer many questions but it is a proper intro to all three of these big named characters for this film.

Also 'Avengers: Age of Miracles' would make a great title for an Ultron edit.

I think any glimpses into the future would be too jaring. Especially since it has no bearing on Banner's story. He's afraid to hurt people and at the end of the movie he makes the choice to leave because of it. That's his arc. Anything that doesn't relate to that would probably feel superfluous. 

As far as the Strucker scene as an opening, it doesn't really add anything to the narrative. I sort of like the media-res openings that both AOU and IW have. It keeps the audience on their toes.

krlozdac said:
I think any glimpses into the future would be too jaring. Especially since it has no bearing on Banner's story. He's afraid to hurt people and at the end of the movie he makes the choice to leave because of it. That's his arc. Anything that doesn't relate to that would probably feel superfluous. 

As far as the Strucker scene as an opening, it doesn't really add anything to the narrative. I sort of like the media-res openings that both AOU and IW have. It keeps the audience on their toes.

I agree with both of these points.

I noticed something in the first clip of the original post. Cap gives the "get everybody out speech" and then the Maximovs go out and start the evacuation, Cap sees the graffiti and leaves the Quinjet, then after we see the Maximovs in action, we cut back Clint, Banner, Stark, and Rogers on the Quinjet again. Maybe there's a way to cut the Cap graffiti part after his speech? I know that thematically, ending on "It's about whether he's right" is a strong conclusion, but continuity-wise this kinda kills the flow for me. Otherwise this all looks really, REALLY good and I can't wait to see the finished product.

EDIT: Second clip, my bad. Also, I feel like there should be an audible "thunk" in the back right channel when Cap's helmet lands offscreen. I'm on stereo headphones right now, so I dunno if the clip had surround or not, but without a sound to indicate the helmet lands, the throw feels wrong.

I don’t think you should use the Winter Soldier for visions because it’s not relevant to Cap’s character arc in Age of Ultron

EDIT: Sorry, a post above confused me about the inclusion. After talking about Thor's vision and Banner's vision moving on to WS made me think adding Bucky to Cap's vision. As for the WS post credits scene I think it would fit quite well. Repeated post credit scenes have happened before: Iron Man 2 post credits scene to Thor, Captain America The First Avenger to The Avengers, etc.

That Winter Soldier post credits could even be a cold open that leads into the Marvel logo, like the prologue in Guardians of the Galaxy on Earth. After the Marvel logo, the movie can start with the regular opening.

addiesin said:
That Winter Soldier post credits could even be a cold open that leads into the Marvel logo, like the prologue in Guardians of the Galaxy on Earth. After the Marvel logo, the movie can start with the regular opening.

I agree with this. Missing that scene makes the appearance of Strucker and the twins seem forced, even with it as a post credits scene in another film. It definitely could work as a cold open.

addiesin said:

That was the original idea for the scene similar to how a few of the Phase 3 films have a prologue before the fanfare (Ego and Quill's mother, Bucky and Stark's Parents, Hank and Janet flashback, Wakandan history, Vulture origin, etc.) I think the scene would work there.

Crimson713 said:
I noticed something in the first clip of the original post. Cap gives the "get everybody out speech" and then the Maximovs go out and start the evacuation, Cap sees the graffiti and leaves the Quinjet, then after we see the Maximovs in action, we cut back Clint, Banner, Stark, and Rogers on the Quinjet again. Maybe there's a way to cut the Cap graffiti part after his speech? I know that thematically, ending on "It's about whether he's right" is a strong conclusion, but continuity-wise this kinda kills the flow for me.
I mean the continuity is already all over the place cause it's a montage, and the ""whether he's right" line is a nice end, but I can see what I can so shuffling it around. 

Crimson713 said:
I feel like there should be an audible "thunk" in the back right channel when Cap's helmet lands offscreen. I'm on stereo headphones right now, so I dunno if the clip had surround or not, but without a sound to indicate the helmet lands, the throw feels wrong.

I've had that feedback before, but I can't find the right "thunk" noise. I really agree though, but I can't track it down.

Bobson Dugnutt said:
I mean the continuity is already all over the place cause it's a montage, and the ""whether he's right" line is a nice end, but I can see what I can so shuffling it around.

It's a minor nitpick. In the context of the rest of the film I don't think it'll stand out so much, but since it was isolated it was pretty noticeable.

Bobson Dugnutt said:
I've had that feedback before, but I can't find the right "thunk" noise. I really agree though, but I can't track it down.

Have you considered looking into sound rips from a video game like one of the Battlefield or Call of Duty games? I'll do some digging, see if I can find something you might like.

Bobson Dugnutt said:

How about looking at The Waterboy, The Longest Yard, Invincible, The Game Plan, Friday Night Lights, or any football-centric movie that would have a football helmet being thrown

Also, try looking at the 28-31 second mark of this video:

Hope this helps.

Here's the most recent version of Bruce hulking out in the jungle. I've added a few lines, but I think I might need more

Bobson Dugnutt said:
Here's the most recent version of Bruce hulking out in the jungle. I've added a few lines, but I think I might need more

I like it! :D

Bobson Dugnutt said:

I think you're good with the stuff you've chosen, it gets the message across I think.

I'd shorten the flashback shots of Natasha and Bruce right at the end so his green eye reveal can happen on that last music hit. Or remove the shot of Bruce and don't shorten the shot of Natasha.

Might need a few sound effects added too. Or music stings. Something like that.

I actually feel that the flashbacks are too distracting and take away from the momentum that you've now built with the addition of the soundtrack. It totally ruins it for me.

It's jungle with drum audio, flashback with gloom audio, jungle with gloom audio, jungle with drums, flashback with drums, jungle with drums, flashback with drums, quick overview of jungle with drums, calm... It's both a auditory and visual disjointment.

If you still think the need to have the the crux of the flashbacks, I'd recommend only incorporate the sound bites without the background gloom soundtrack, and make them very quick precise snippets as a voice over.

But to be honest, I'd recommend dropping the flashbacks all together. It's in no way part of the Hulk methos with regards to the Marvel Cinematic Universe (not once in all of the Hulk aberrations does Bruce Banner reflect upon images for flashbacks to propel him to turn into the Hulk) and thus it seems so out of place and uncharacteristic. It looks and feels forced and awkward to be completely honest.

you have completely elevated that Jungle Banner scene.  from being a scene killer to a scene ... ... opposite of killer.

2 cents...
your foley work is spot on.  add a bit more heavy breathing and a few subtle Hulk grumbles just to sell it more.
i would tighten up the flashbacks.  let the dialog lead into the flashback.
"i'm exposed, like a nerve" [flash to the helecopters surronding Hulk, but don't use him being fired at.] "it's a nighmare" [return back to the jungle]
the "bullet in the mouth" paired with the Gun in Hand is way to on the nose.  i'd use his other line here, [in the jungle] "I got low." [flash to the gun in his hand, closes and crushes it; return to the jungle]
don't use Banner's face just before Natasha.  just use Natasha and just before she says "Bruce" cut back to the jungle and keep the audio of "Bruce" over the jungle with him looking up just after she says it.  that transition is perfect how you have it timed, i'd just move the video of Natasha back a little.
then put a Hulk roar over that camera pan over the trees to bridge his jungle scene with the next one.
/2 cents...

but like i and everyone else agrees, you've made something out of nothing already.  keep going with it.

Back
Top Bottom