• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

Avengers: Age of Ultron: Extinction Edition

Bobson Dugnutt

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
4k57ac3.png

There's only one path to peace... your extinction.

A 2nd extended edition of Age of Ultron, the first one being made by @"samspider3", with this new version adding 5 new scenes that were exclusively released on the MCU Phase 2 Box Set. This one adds back everything with finished effects or finishable effects. 4 more minutes have been added compared to his version and some of the unfinished green screen has been fixed. I'll make a workprint in the future with everything regardless of effects. 

Theatrical Cut - 2:21:18
samspider3's Extended Edition - 2:27:56
Extinction Edition - 2:31:53

TRAILER

ADDITIONS:
- Added mid-credits scene from Winter Soldier with Strucker and the Maximoff twins to before the Marvel Fanfare
- Added Strucker being killed by Ultron
- Added Pietro handing stolen supplies to the people of Sokovia
- Added Tony and Bruce talking about screwing up Ultron
- Added extended convasation with Cap and Maria Hill about Strucker's death. Had unfinished green screen that has now been fixed. 
- Added extended scene of the Avengers talking about Ultron killing Strucker and what War Machine is up to. Had unfinished green screen that has now been fixed. 
- Added Bruce hulking out after Wanda jinxs him and scaring a girl in a village. I rearranged some shots to accomodate the new scene. Had unfinished effects that have been cut as well.
- Added extended sequence of Thor going for a swim in a cave. They now contact the Norns to ask them what to do then simply Thor having his dream again.
- Added extended scene of Bruce and Nat talking at the farmhouse
- Added snippets of the extended scene of Vision's birth. Almost all of it has unfinished effects, but I was able to salvage bits of Bruce trying not to hulk out and him telling Thor not to power the cradle. It needs some green screen fixing though. Also added back Vision opening his eyes from the end of Trailer 3. 
- Added Cap seeing graffiti of him in Sokovia saying "FACIST" and him deciding not to wear his helmet. This one also had some unfinished effects I had to cut. 
- Added scene of Pietro running through Sokovia telling everyone to get out and him flirting with a girl. Fixed some masking for the most part
- Added scene of Cap, Nat, Clint, Pietro and Wanda talking about what to do as the air was getting thinner. This had some unfinshed green screen in the back of one shot I've fixed, but there was also some I couldn't fix due to the amount of smoke or dust or something. It's hardly noticable anyway. 

Bruce Hulking Out in the Jungle

Cap seeing the graffiti and Pietro running through Sokovia.  

Cap and Maria Hill Talk. 

What needs fixing and doing
- Tracking markers in the background of the Cap/Maria scene
- Colour correction on the Quicksilver running though Sokovia scene to remove a bit of the green tint
- Hard cut after the Facist Cap Graffiti scene
- Tiny amount of green scene in the Facist Cap Graffiti scene. Barely noticable but I can still see it and it irks me. 
- Green screen in the birth of Vision scene when Bruce is about to hulk out. I've been trying with this and been fruitless. Will continue to try though. Fixed thanks to @"krlozdac"
- Colour correction to the extended Bruce/Nat scene to remove the horrid dark shadowy look

Very much looking forward to this!

Which reminds me -- I still owe you a review for your Winter Soldier edit. I'll get that out this weekend.

This interest me greatly. I like samspider3 version but the greenscreens always were immersion breaking. Are you planning on using your LUT of AOU? Looking forward to it!

Nice! If you can fix the visuals, I'd be very interested in seeing this :)

Fixed the tracking markers in the Maria Hill/Cap scene, now all I have left is the green screen during the Vision birth scene and it's finished I think.

[font=Raleway, sans-serif] The Vision birth scene is great! I'd love to see that without the green screen. Good luck![/font]

Bobson Dugnutt said:
now all I have left is the green screen during the Vision birth scene and it's finished I think.

If it proves troublesome I could give it a go if you'd like.

Are you planning on doing anything with Visions mocap suit?

addiesin said:
Are you planning on doing anything with Visions mocap suit?

Since I am no skilled VFX artist, no. But there is a short clip with Bruce about to hulk out after being jinxed by Wanda that just has some green screen in the back as well as him yelling at Thor to stop as seen here

Oh and Thor saying some Asgardian gibberish (which he also said in the extended cave scene) and Vision opening his eyes. 
I'll make some sorta workprint with it though down the line

That's a great scene -- but so much VFX needed.

Well, yeah it's a lot but it's a special case I think. I counted about 25 shots with the mocap suit. In many shots he's obscured by motion blur, seen from behind out of focus, or seen from the front, nearly static. This scene wasn't entirely removed from the final film, it was just truncated. So there is reference for his costume in that same scene, that lighting, etc. I think maybe it could be done by a non-professional if enough angles exist to get good screenshots of him that could be cut up and warped onto the mocap suit footage like a painting. I think Digmod did something similar in his Force Awakens edit with Kylo's helmet.

Not saying you should do it, it might even be too much for one person and would require multiple volunteers, not sure (because I haven't tried any of this)

Here's the full scene with as much finished VFX from the final film added to it. Due to the fact that Vision got his clothes on or whatever halfway through the fight unlike in the final film he got it as he was staring out the window, I don't know if it'd match up. 

I don’t think you should use it. The only VFX parts I recommend using is the (presumably) fixable greenscreen backgrounds in the non-action parts. Otherwise, the action scene is pointless, distracting, and takes you out of the movie. I recommend not using it unless it’s a workprint cut.

Also I think the Bruce green eyes were used in a trailer, if that helps.

Masirimso17 said:
I don’t think you should use it. The only VFX parts I recommend using is the (presumably) fixable greenscreen backgrounds in the non-action parts. Otherwise, the action scene is pointless, distracting, and takes you out of the movie. I recommend not using it unless it’s a workprint cut.

Nobody's talking about using it unaltered.

Masirimso17 said:

It was in the same trailer that had the Vision opening his eyes, but it's a fraction of a second and isn't long enough. 

It's a good reference though for the background, which is still bugging me. I'll send it your way @"krlozdac" if you can do anything.

Nearing the end now, got the green screen fixed thanks to krlozdac
But also might need to fix the colour in this one scene as it changes around a bit. Is it too distracting for some, or can I leave it as is?

First one looks great. Second one might need a little color correction.

Masirimso17 said:
First one looks great. Second one might need a little color correction.

Yeah the scene came with the colours mismatched and I've got no clue how to get them to match up. Seems like this is now the last, last thing that needs fixing. 

Anyone got any idea how to make it look cohesive?

I'm surprised there's all this footage I didn't know about, like Banner Hulking out in the forest, or the jacket Wanda's wearing belonging to Natasha, or Pietro running to everyone in Sokovia. What release of the movie were all of these scenes on?

Back
Top Bottom