• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Avengers: Age of Ultron: Extinction Edition

stferguson78

Donor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Bobson Dugnutt said:
macmilln said:
At long last.

images

Everyone waiting for the Extinction Edition to be done

Having scene the work in progress version, it’ll definitely be worth the wait.

heathen3017

Reaction score
Trophy Points
I'm definitely looking forward to the finished product myself... :D

Bobson Dugnutt

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Here's one of the almost 50 minutes of bonus features that will be included on this release

Gaith

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Welp, you've convinced me: my official AoU blu-ray has been ordered. :D

Bobson Dugnutt

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Speaking of Blu-Rays, here's the two covers for the edit, of which can be used if I can (or if anyone else out there) knows how to burn a Blu-Ray disc, which would work great with the copious amounts of bonus features.  
bfFKkuR.jpg
Hh1VMEj.png

Tones

Reaction score
Trophy Points
is this edit being released as a bluray iso as I can burn to disk.

heathen3017

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Bobson Dugnutt said:
Speaking of Blu-Rays, here's [a] covers for the edit...
bfFKkuR.jpg

Of the two covers, I like this one better. Excellent work all around. I’m salivating like a Pavlovian dog in anticipation of watching this.

Bobson Dugnutt

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Tones said:

I don't know how to create an ISO, but if anyone can help with that, it'd be much appreciated. 
heathen3017 said:
Excellent work all around. I’m salivating like a Pavlovian dog in anticipation of watching this.
:D

And also, here's a breakdown for what was required to be done to each new scene to allow it to work in the final film (warning: very wordy)

AGE OF MIRACLES PROLOGUE
Since the post-credits scene of Winter Soldier was directed by Joss Whedon and introduced the Twins and Strucker, I thought it'd be neat to put before the Marvel Fanfare. The establishing shot of the castle was reused from later in the film when Ultron sets up shop in the basement, but the shot was reversed so the camera moves in instead of out. The scene was also cut down to remove the SHIELD/HYDRA reference and the mentions to the Winter Solider plot so that it focuses on the cocky Strucker and his devilish plans.

STRUCKER'S DEMISE
Some light colour grading was done to the scene to tone down the green look. The back half of the scene was also rescored so there was more of a terrifying sting and to allow it to flow into the next scene. "Ultron Wakes" was used as it had the right amount of fright. Deathclaw footsteps from Fallout 3 were used as Ultron's footsteps as he walk's towards Strucker. I couldn't find the right SFX for him until I was playing Fallout 3 and heard a Deathclaw about to kill me in the game. So naturally I got the sound file out and put it into the edit as the mad robot.

MAN IN THE CHURCH
Not much was done to this scene, light colour grading so the contrast was a bit better. The sting from Strucker's Demise flows over into the start of this scene.

WATCH YOUR SIX
This was the scene that needed the most visual work done to it as there was a lot of unfinished green screen in the background outside of windows in the Avengers Tower. SamSpider3's original cut didn't have this done and it was the only real complaint I had about that version (as well as some others) so I made it a goal for my own cut. The completed scene in the movie had a visible city skyline outside the window, which would of made it hard to do tracking and a lot of intricate chroma keying, so instead I just made it a solid colour which was looked pretty good. Tracking markers had to be painted out too in After Effects and some pixelation was toned down thanks to DigMod's advice. Insert shots of a tablet with Strucker's dead body replaced the unfinished shots from the deleted scene. The colour grading was redone to match the film, which was a pretty yellow kind of morning haze look.

HULK OUT IN THE JUNGLE
Banner in the jungle about to hulk out was the scene with the most audio work as it was redone from the ground up. It starts with some audio taken from the pilot of Arrow as he runs through the foliage. The scene was rescored from nothing at all to a great track from the Peter Jackson King Kong soundtrack.(which heathen3017 helped out with) that's pretty intense and adds a lot to the scene. Hulk grunts were also added throughout the scene. The following bit with the african village was cut down from what it originally entailed as the Hulk rampaged through the houses and ruined some kid's soccer game, but that's all been cut so that part of that still remains without the unfinished VFX. Some shots from the final film had to be rearranged to accommodate the new scene.

THE NORN CAVE
These scenes with Thor and Selvig still exist in the final cut, but were edited down with some new dialogue being recorded and the context of the exposition being changed. So now these scenes have been put back the way they were before the theatrical cut. Audio from SamSpider3's EE was used here as he rescored and did some extra SFX, so I just used that here. I also colour graded the whole thing so it was a bit darker and spookier, looks pretty neat I think

BRUCE AND NAT
I'm sure this scene is better for their relationship or something, haven't really watched the scene back in full yet. I brightened the whole scene up from the horribly shadowey state it was in the on Blu-Ray. Also added some sappy love score to the background.

VISION'S BIRTH
There is a much longer version of Vision's birth on the Phase 2 Box Set, but since it has very unfinished VFX, I cut it down the the bare minimum like SamSpider3 did but finished the green screen shots of Banner almost hulking out (thanks to krlozdac). I also opted to use the deleted shot of Vision opening his eyes from Trailer 3 instead of the unfinished shot from the deleted scene like SamSpider3 did. There's an extra few lines from Banner here too and one of Thor repeating some Asgardian words that he said in the Norn Cave. Not too much new stuff, but the scene flows a little nicer.

QUICKSILVER FLIRTING
This quick little scene with Pietro running through Sokovia telling people to get out has a cameo from an older gentleman who appeared in the deleted "Man in the Church" scene. It also had a little bit of jarring unfinished VFX that I've tried to mend so that it looks a lot better. Bit of light colour touch ups here to remove the green tint.

SOKOVIAN GRAFFITI
Originally this scene started with the Quinjet landing and Cap putting his shield on his back, but since those shots had unfinished VFX, they had to go, so the scene starts on the shot of him picking up his helmet. The sound of him throwing it back into the jet was made excellently by Crimson713 by blending some SFX together so that the helmet isn't so silent. There was also a tiny bit of green screen in the distance between two buildings that was barely noticable, but I keyed that out still just to be sure. Both this scene and the Quicksilver scene was also rescored with 'The Mission' from the soundtrack.

WE FIGHT ROBOTS
Some big portions of the background of the first shot had green screens up, so fixing up that was the first step and was done to great success I think. There is some in the background of the Black Widow/Hawkeye shot, but with all the smoke, it's unfixable and hardly visable so I left those as it. There was colour timing that had to be done shot-by-shot to maintain a sense of continuity throughout the scene so it all matched up. TM2YC gave some advice here on how to do that.

heathen3017

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Bobson Dugnutt said:
Tones said:

I don't know how to create an ISO, but if anyone can help with that, it'd be much appreciated. 

I’ll be glad to offer my services if you still need assistance.

TM2YC

Take Me To Your Cinema
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
This is now up on ifdb. Thread moved.

macmilln

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Bobson Dugnutt said:
macmilln said:
TM2YC said:
This is now up on ifdb. Thread moved.

Does this mean it’s available?

It sure does, it's been available since I put up the release trailer, but the listing is a bit more of an official way. 

Great! Didn't even see that release trailer 'cause of all the traffic on here, but I'll definitely be checking this out! The regrading/content of the edit looks very promising, might become my new standard!

Bobson Dugnutt

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Here are some posters that you can use for Plex or for any other reason you might want. @"macmilln" did some excellent work on the first two variants that you can see more like these in his thread

wP7u1cH.jpg

zPY3tFM.jpg
k3JbhDf.png
G6tMOEo.png

hbenthow

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Bobson Dugnutt said:
It's been almost 700 years, I think the "too soon" period has long passed a few decades back.

Fair enough. The Plague of Justinian, on the other hand...

Top Bottom