• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

Thor : Love plus Thunder minus Comedy

The end credits work very good. I really like them.

And you can count on me with a test view of the 1st draft!!

It needs time, it's an emotionally heavy scene. flash to white is certainly a possibility. maybe. That title fades in from black so to have the title come from white.... that's tough... although, essentially, it's the same thing in terms of chroma and contrast ratio... so I would merely need to change the luminosity on a curve... ok yes I can try that.
I'll wait until I get some full views though. Draft 1 is awaiting :) any takers? :D
Been following along for a while now and actually made an account to hopefully see this edit! would love to watch a first draft!

Nice addition, but maybe a bit long? also, I don't think those symbols would play nice with the various ways it needs to be presented? Like, I need to name the files, archive them, put them to google drive, put them in the fanedit database. would be complicated ? ^^;

Last edited:
Been following along for a while now and actually made an account to hopefully see this edit! would love to watch a first draft!
^Same. I wasn't expecting for this edit to go as ambitious as it is, but some of the things you're working on I'm already loving it!

I can see that the kind of tone Waititi shot a lot of these scenes in makes them really difficult to make serious, like with the intro montage (although some of the Endgame footage with him sitting like Lebowski give me a similar feeling, so I wonder if there are other shots from that movie that can work similarly). Nevertheless, we're here to give feedback for any such instance so the edit can be as good as it can be.

As for the Zeus flashback, I know it's extremely difficult to make that deleted scene work within the scene, but that sudden zoom in really doesn't work for me. The Thor one works fine, but maybe you could make the zoom in on Zeus a lot more subtle?

It needs time, it's an emotionally heavy scene. flash to white is certainly a possibility. maybe. That title fades in from black so to have the title come from white.... that's tough... although, essentially, it's the same thing in terms of chroma and contrast ratio... so I would merely need to change the luminosity on a curve... ok yes I can try that.
I'll wait until I get some full views though. Draft 1 is awaiting :) any takers? :D
If you need another volunteer, I'd love to take a look!

Yes, it feels like they are just messing around and making jokes throughout the movie making process. It seems to have effected their performance in the sense that they seem like they lack any sense of gravitas even when not telling jokes.

The bit where thor is shown like the big lebowski, it sort of demonstrates how he just gave up on everything. it was his lowest point. I'm not sure if there's anything that could work better.

The 'Zeus flashback'is not a flashback. it is Zeus using magic to telepathically communicate with Thor. Is it still not apparent?

The 'Zeus flashback'is not a flashback. it is Zeus using magic to telepathically communicate with Thor. Is it still not apparent?
Oh, I didn’t realize that… hmm, unfortunately I didn’t get that when watching it.

Maybe I make his eyes flash or something?

Honestly, I kind of agree with @Masirimso17 that it feels like a flashback. If he's communicating telepathically...is there any way you could slow down a shot of Zeus looking at Thor (just a bit), pull a line from the deleted scene, add some echo, and make it VO that leads into the flashback? That might clarify things. Thoughts?

Maybe I make his eyes flash or something?

Honestly, I kind of agree with @Masirimso17 that it feels like a flashback. If he's communicating telepathically...is there any way you could slow down a shot of Zeus looking at Thor (just a bit), pull a line from the deleted scene, add some echo, and make it VO that leads into the flashback? That might clarify things. Thoughts?
I think what might help is if you cut back and forth between them in a way that's not too jarring? To make it seem like Zeus is going inside Thor's head?

I don't really get the concept of Zeus using telepathy either, as it's not established beforehand, right? Still, there has to be a way to make it work

It was suggested that I remove the bit inside the boat and I agree that it is very choppy, but it is also important to reinforce the idea that Thunderbolt is key to creating the army by giving the kids power. This is what I'm trying, it might be a bit weird but I'm thinking it works.

It was suggested that I remove the bit inside the boat and I agree that it is very choppy, but it is also important to reinforce the idea that Thunderbolt is key to creating the army by giving the kids power. This is what I'm trying, it might be a bit weird but I'm thinking it works.
I think this works pretty well, does feel a little abrupt but works better than the previous one . I’m all for it!

It is working better than in the first draft, and now it is less choppy.

The transition between Thor talking about the "Thunderbolt" and going on deck could be a bit smoother.

But it is a great work!!

It is working better than in the first draft, and now it is less choppy.

The transition between Thor talking about the "Thunderbolt" and going on deck could be a bit smoother.

But it is a great work!!
If there is a shot of Jane looking at Thor and not saying anything, I could use that as a cutaway and it'll give me a chance to cut the audio off before he starts babbling and would lead to a better cut to the exterior.

An idea to make it smoother. Cut the dialogue after "this is the army right here". The next part "it's sleek, it's slender" goes nowhere and is very improvvy.

Then to cover up the cut, go to a silent reaction shot of Jane, almost any short reaction would do, then a zoomed-in close-up of thunderbolt. It'd be like creating an insert shot to give importance to a macguffin.

It's a good idea. I like it in concept but after trying for 2 hours, I can't make anything work. I think the best option is the classic cross fade to more implicitly show passage of time.

Back
Top Bottom