• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

Thor : Love plus Thunder minus Comedy

Wow! That is fantastic!!
I actually did experiment with some credits sequence to try and match that and I got a pretty nice result! Having those backgrounds clean is epic. Yes, I can definitely use a singular font for them! I used the font 'folkard' for my own so I could use that for all of them or maybe look for something else.

I'm not at my computer so I can show you what I did tonight.

Actually it's not the best I could do, I did it in resolve, but I'm capable of much better in 3dsmax if I pull my finger out...

so playing around with fonts and model techniques and render techniques, I arrived at this for use as end credits. I can use this to mimic the movement of the original credits and keep them all in this font and style.
The material is reflective, so it will fit within the environment of each background effect.
JtELcf1.png

G&R, I agree with you that there is too much Guns and Roses and I'd like to reduce that.

And you lost me there. If I was going to ever rewatch it, then mostly because of those GNR scenes.

And you lost me there. If I was going to ever rewatch it, then mostly because of those GNR scenes.
Which scenes?
I plan to replace sweet child of mine but nothing else at the moment. Something my friend also said, sweet child of mine played through the trailer so it feels oversaturated for many people. Funny thing is, I don't mind it personally, but the two parts of the film wher that song is, just after korgs death and just after Jane's death, I feel like it needs to be replaced by something a bit low key. One instance will be replaced with November rain and the end credits, I'm going to use Aerosmith "don't want to miss a thing".
The rest of the movie, I have thought about the suitability of the tunes and how much work it would take, and decided I would not want to remove those songs.

Okay so it's 15 days after release.
I've already worked on credits, since I knew it would be laborious to render the 3d text and that didn't require the movie itself.
here is the new credits sequence in situ.

I have many other individual edits under way. I should be able to have a first draft of this very quickly.

I've already worked on credits, since I knew it would be laborious to render the 3d text and that didn't require the movie itself.

I have many other individual edits under way. I should be able to have a first draft of this very quickly.
This is fantastic. I like the idea that the movie stops after Gorr's death. Leaves a slight ambiguous ending.

This is fantastic. I like the idea that the movie stops after Gorr's death. Leaves a slight ambiguous ending.
I've moved the other bit after the credits and removed the Jane Valhalla bit completely as I felt it was dumb tbh.

Very nice work on the credits, always love it when editors go the extra mile on editing them.

Feel like it should just go to the credits after the ending though. No B&W montage afterwards, feels out of place.

Also not feeling the Aerosmith song but that's mainly because I was never into it. Much preferred Journey's Remember Me from the Armageddon soundtrack LOL:

Very nice work on the credits, always love it when editors go the extra mile on editing them.

Feel like it should just go to the credits after the ending though. No B&W montage afterwards, feels out of place.

Also not feeling the Aerosmith song but that's mainly because I was never into it. Much preferred Journey's Remember Me from the Armageddon soundtrack LOL:
It was a matter of timing. First I had to find a sort of rock ballad style song that fit with the theme of love and sadness, then I had to fit that song with the right beat and to at least give a full chorus and verse. Jane has just died and so has Gorr and Thor has found a reason to live, it was a difficult one. So in order to make it fit, I had a big section of time to fill, or cut the song. cutting the song was never going to work so a celebration of the characters seemed apt. :)

Frankly, I love this song, but it constantly takes me out of it (straight to Armageddon and my own wedding :p).

On the other hand - Remember Me would work better I suppose.

If anyone has any good ideas, i'm wiling to consider a different song. It would need to be sad but hopeful and would need to fit the dynamic style of the main credits background.

Edit: remember me seems a bit too upbeat for the mood right after 2 deaths.

remember me seems a bit too upbeat for the mood right after 2 deaths.
Maybe, though one could see the upbeatness as a sign that Love itself (not Gorr's daughter, lol) wins in the end? I mean, it was Thor and Jane's love that convinced Gorr to choose his daughter over revenge and vengeance against the gods?

That and with lyrics like this:
And though I have to leave you now
With the thought of each other
I miss your touch
You call my name
I am with you forever
It could possibly connect thematically to the deaths of Jane and Gorr sacrificing themselves for those they care about?

Least, just my two cents.

Last edited:
This is the new intro. It has been suggested to me that I need to have some dialogue snippets in here. I agree with that, but I do not know what to use and I don't fancy going through every movie to hear every line of dialogue. Any ideas?

Okay, this scene, I definitely need some feedback. I'm really not sure if this works for other people. I checked on Zeus and it says he has unknown magical abilities so I figured he could use some psychic ability to communicate with Thor in a sort of dream scenario or pocket dimension type thing. I wanted to use this deleted scene to show that Zeus isn't all bad, and he helps Thor in secret. I wanted to use this description of Thunderbolt to help the viewer to understand why Thor could give this power to the kids at the end.

Okay, this scene, I definitely need some feedback. I'm really not sure if this works for other people. I checked on Zeus and it says he has unknown magical abilities so I figured he could use some psychic ability to communicate with Thor in a sort of dream scenario or pocket dimension type thing. I wanted to use this deleted scene to show that Zeus isn't all bad, and he helps Thor in secret. I wanted to use this description of Thunderbolt to help the viewer to understand why Thor could give this power to the kids at the end.

Being totally honest... I don't think it works. Having two scenes of dialogue playing at the same time feels very distracting and overly busy. What I think would work would be if we had a closeup of Zeus looking at Thor without saying anything, and then have a "whoosh" sound indicating mental connection to cut to the deleted scene with an added soft frame area to leave clear that is happening in the realm of the mind, then cut back to the end of the first scene if the dialogue is suitable.

Also, would it be possible to remove Zeus holding his skirt as he goes downstairs, maybe putting an insert of Thor there to disguise the removal? (I have not seen this movie so far, so I don't know if the skirt thing is something he does all through the movie as a trademark move or anything).

He did that only once.

And yeah, I'd agree wight Dwight here. This doesnt really work in that form, but maybe could work with some transition to "mind realm" (but then could be a problem with scenes with Zeus that come afterwards).

Last edited:
Thank you, that's exactly the sort of feedback I need! Okay, so I certainly take on board the reasons why it does not work and I wholly agree. I guess I was thinking it might work like the scenes Ang Lee used in his Hulk movie, but with it being dialogue, it requires more viewer attention.

I can remove the bit where he holds his skirt for sure. It's required for continuity in this scene, but if I go from the close up of Zeus into the 'Dream Palace' (as I'll call it) then The viewer can fill in the gaps when I go back to the stage and the character positions are different. By completely switching location, it also will give me some freedom with timing and can find a more suitable line of dialogue to transition back to.

I feel like a zoom transition might work well to suggest moving into their minds. I was also thinking of looking at Loki's magic and seeing if I can use some similar effects?

So I upscaled to 8k and doubled the framerate in Topaz, then did this slowdown and zoom effect in resolve. I think it's interesting. As a concept it could work well, but still needs something else.

Back
Top Bottom