• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

Thor : Love plus Thunder minus Comedy

Here's my cover design.
full

Last edited:
Okay so I've done a few corrections and revisions. Does anyone want to view a final draft before I consider this complete?
Sure! Feel free to shoot me a PM. I got the original a few days ago, still unwatched, so double feature it will be.

Sure! Feel free to shoot me a PM. I got the original a few days ago, still unwatched, so double feature it will be.
Thanks ^^
I still have sometime to go on the render but I'll be in your inbox asap :)

Here's my cover design.
full
It's ironic, the title is " - comedy" but that cover art is hysterical to me with "the god butcher" in a big heart. (I'm not detracting from it or saying you should change it...I quite like the design, just pointing out the irony.)

It's ironic, the title is " - comedy" but that cover art is hysterical to me with "the god butcher" in a big heart. (I'm not detracting from it or saying you should change it...I quite like the design, just pointing out the irony.)
Haha, I guess I hadn't thought of it like that!
My concept was that the heart is empty and just this 'evil' figure inside it.
I like irony too, so that's okay 😎

Okay so I've done a few corrections and revisions. Does anyone want to view a final draft before I consider this complete?
Only just caught up on all the updates! Would love to watch the final draft if possible!

I'll give the first draft a watch!
first draft? or final draft? I deleted the first draft out of my drive link, there's only 2nd and final drafts in there. I can reupload the first if you want to see that?

first draft? or final draft? I deleted the first draft out of my drive link, there's only 2nd and final drafts in there. I can reupload the first if you want to see that?
D'oh! Misread final as "first". My mistake LOL.

heya, a heads up for you all, I'm currently sick with a nasty cold so not up to working on this at the mo so I imagine it's going to be maybe a couple weeks until I will be aiming for a release of this.

heya, a heads up for you all, I'm currently sick with a nasty cold so not up to working on this at the mo so I imagine it's going to be maybe a couple weeks until I will be aiming for a release of this.
No problems at all. When you're ready I'd love to check out one of your final drafts! ☺️ Take much needed care!

I'm back to work! Thanks for your well wishes :)

So after a few permutations of this, I feel good about this version.
The benefits are twofold.
firstly, this helps to maintain ambiguity about Jane's condition while maintaining a buffer between the two mirror shots.
secondly, it establishes that flashbacks in the main bulk of the movie are monochrome. except now I have to make the intro monochrome. (drats, I've caused problems for myself XD) but this helps to reinforce the idea that the convo with Zeus is not a flashback.

what do ya'll think, will monochrome be okay for Thor's 'intro sequence'? Not too visually dull? Well I'll try it tomorrow anyhow.

edit: thinking about it now, the disembodied voice of Erik Selvig might be disconcerting without an actual shot of the man himself...

I'm back to work! Thanks for your well wishes :)

So after a few permutations of this, I feel good about this version.
The benefits are twofold.
firstly, this helps to maintain ambiguity about Jane's condition while maintaining a buffer between the two mirror shots.
secondly, it establishes that flashbacks in the main bulk of the movie are monochrome. except now I have to make the intro monochrome. (drats, I've caused problems for myself XD) but this helps to reinforce the idea that the convo with Zeus is not a flashback.

what do ya'll think, will monochrome be okay for Thor's 'intro sequence'? Not too visually dull? Well I'll try it tomorrow anyhow.

edit: thinking about it now, the disembodied voice of Erik Selvig might be disconcerting without an actual shot of the man himself...
I like it! I did notice a stutter in the audio when the flashback ends, though.

I agree that having Selvig’s audio is kinda off, but I’m also biased because I hate how two astrophysicists were suddenly proficient in oncology 💀 I wonder if you could just get audio from a doctor show like Scrubs or Grey’s or something..

Or maybe just shots of her getting the scan and her laying down on the couch?

Thing about the scan is it would be cutting from her face to her face, which would be a jump cut and her lying on the couch is so vague it just seems arbitrary. The visuals here say something specific about what her thoughts are when looking in the mirror. It also suggests Aether for those who like the idea of it being somehow involved. The idea of using random voices, seems like it doesn't achieve anything. one one hand these other voices wouldn't be able to say anything about Jane and her situation, and if people don't recognise selvig then it literally makes no difference having a different voice. If people to recognise his voice then it adds something? But you did give me a thought. What if I were to use Mark Ruffalo somehow? might be too much though. There's no dialogue of him using Jane's name, so maybe it wouldn't tie together well.

I was thinking the random voice that gives her a diagnosis or bad news would just be a random doctor doing so, is what I meant.. tho it being Banner is a neat idea.

around 4:05 maybe you can use “we don’t know what it is but we think it’s operable” and some of the “uhs” perhaps.
this around 5:55 is also good for alt audio.

That could be very useful, but my feeling is that it would be insensitive to use audio from Mark discussing his real life health matters. I was thinking along the lines of some lines from She-Hulk. He talks about blood stuff in that.

I thought about that too, but the way him and his friends talk and joke about it and how long it’s been I believe he wouldn’t mind. That said, it’s your edit and your call!
Using something from anything already in the MCU would be suspect. I’ll look for something where he plays a doctor or talks about someone being sick in some other thing he’s been in :)

Back
Top Bottom