• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

The Book of Boba Fett

That Mando episode was the perfect microcosm of what’s wrong with this show. They spent a half hour building a ship. That was something that should’ve happened off screen and simply referenced. But they made it a half hour seemingly only to be able to include lots of Easter eggs. And honestly all these Easter eggs only serve to make the universe feel smaller. For example, is there only one canyon on Tatooine?! Is there only one X-wing tandem!? This isn’t a show; it’s an excuse for Star Wars fans to show how much they know about Star Wars.

I didn't expect too much from this TV show at the outset, but I've been mildly entertained by some of the episodes so far, despite the uneven-ness of it all.

While I liked some aspects of the 'Mando-centric' 5th episode, I wasn't keen on the unnecessarily long, drawn-out sequence where the 'starfighter' was cobbled together. But mainly, I definitely didn't care for Peli Motto's ridiculous dialogue about her once 'dating a jawa'....as that was the low point for me with this one.

I prefer my 'Star Wars' to be 'child-like' rather than childish, and there's definitely plenty of straightforward ways this show could be trimmed and re-edited into something more to my taste someday.

Let's see what the remaining 2 episodes bring....

Last edited:
IMNSPO [in my not so popular opinion] the Mandalorian went off the rails by relying on a major OT character to provide the climax rather than giving the main characters and their stories the moment they deserved. These shows seem to want to rely on nostalgia rather than simply trusting that the universe as created is rich enough to tell good stories without constantly referencing prior entries. Tying things together is one thing; making nostalgia the entire reason for your story is another.

Definitely ripe for an edit... I can see the first episodes as a quick flashback, all depending of course if there is actually enough payoff of a plot at the end.

But the whole series so far can be cut down to less than an hour of quality content to catch up to the time they recruit Mando.

Whether there will be an actual story by the end though? I'm not holding my breath... I've been underwhelmed on every episode. Nothing seems truly fun or exciting.
I am sure you'd create a fantastic edit, kind sir!

IMNSPO [in my not so popular opinion] the Mandalorian went off the rails by relying on a major OT character to provide the climax rather than giving the main characters and their stories the moment they deserved. These shows seem to want to rely on nostalgia rather than simply trusting that the universe as created is rich enough to tell good stories without constantly referencing prior entries. Tying things together is one thing; making nostalgia the entire reason for your story is another.
I'm not sure that it's an unpopular opinion. I'm with you here: the characters in the series got robbed of their moment.

I won’t get into spoilers, but what I feared for ep6 turned out to be the case. But it worked better for me than I expected. That said, this is no longer a Boba Fett series. IMO this is another season of the Mandalorian. The Fett elements—and indeed much of the non-Fett elements—should’ve been pared way down and six episodes of BoBF could’ve been an effective two episodes of the third season of Mandalorian. The show runners still seem hellbent on including everything you’ve ever heard of in SW lore, much to the fictional universe’s detriment.

Curious if this could be made into a Mandalorian special? Like a mid-season movie.

Alright, if that is the approach to the Expanded Universe they take, I'm open to it. The Luke was on point. I also really liked seeing Ahsoka and Luke together. I wonder if they deepfaked Luke in this episode? The face looked so much better. I did watch it on a smaller screen so I'll need to watch it again. I looked up the actor and he looks similar enough to where I really hope they continue Luke's story. They could even over time lessen the face replacement to where the actor just took over. The story was a bit slow, but the nuggets felt like they had more purpose than cameos. I'll admit that this episode gives me hope for the expanded universe series they are going to make. Here's hoping

I agree that Luke looked better than last season, but it was still a little bit off to my eye.

I'm not sure what it says about this series that I enjoyed the two episodes without the main character the most.

Digi, they are most likely using the guy they hired who did the YouTube deepfakes of the last season episode which looked far greater. I hope they go back and fix those.

uab0fi2.jpg

Luke looked better at times, but there were also moments where it was heavily in the uncanny valley. I hope the technology is used sparingly. I think it was fine to show him and Grogu and what’s going on with that storyline and to give the Mandalorian and Grogu some closure in their relationship, but they need to move on now. Ashoka didn’t seem to be needed for the story. I think Filoni is too much of a fan. I want a strong story that stands on its own. I have zero investment in the main storyline of the show. And everything w/r/t the Mandalorian could’ve been condensed to a pre-credits prologue for that show’s season three. Here’s hoping the last episode makes the journey more worthwhile.

Edit: how do you guys do the blurry text spoiler tags?

Edit2: Neato!

Last edited:
Edit: how do you guys do the blurry text spoiler tags?
A useful all purpose tip: If you click the reply button to somebody's message it'll quote it for you and the formatting, so you can then see what they did. It was this:
Code:
[ISPOILER]
"Spoilers"
[/ISPOILER]

e.g. put an "I" in front.

I really can't be bothered with Star Wars TV. It always seems to be "get people invested in a great OT style show, just so we can then ruin it by shoving in a load of prequel/clone wars cr*p including crowbarring in the lame Ashoka character in the 2nd series". This time Filoni seems to have skipped ahead a move "create a show everybody hates and pile on the prequel cr*p immediately". Sorry to be grumpy.

Last edited:
I really can't be bothered with Star Wars TV. It always seems to be "get people invested in a great OT style show, just so we can then ruin it by shoving in a load of prequel/clone wars cr*p including crowbarring in the lame Ashoka character in the 2nd series". This time Filoni seems to have skipped ahead a move "create a show everybody hates and pile on the prequel cr*p immediately". Sorry to be grumpy.
No need to be grumpy, they've shown their hand, you have the advantage, you know you don't need it. But also you're right. This isn't a case of multiple tv shows, we now know it's just one long show that changes title & POV every few seasons. It had a really good first season and I'm happy leaving it at that. I might even rewatch Mando season one sometime. Hope they do something like that again some day.

Man, this whole thread has been totally negative on this show. Like, little to no positives. I know that no one hates Star Wars more than Star Wars fans, but yikes! I'm really surprised there is so much hate flowing through this thread.

Man, this whole thread has been totally negative on this show. Like, little to no positives. I know that no one hates Star Wars more than Star Wars fans, but yikes! I'm really surprised there is so much hate flowing through this thread.
I’ve tried to be honest about my thoughts but not negative. I’ve found little to no reason for this show to exist. I wanted to like the show. I liked Mandalorian, though also expressed my issues with that show in as non-confrontational way as possible. For anyone who has enjoyed this show, good on ya! But for me, it hasn’t been as well produced as the majority of Mandalorian; it hasn’t had a story if it’s own as much; and it has felt way more fan-servicey. I wish I liked more. I have pointed out things I’ve liked. Unfortunately it hasn’t been much. The “no one hates Star Wars as much as Star Wars fans” is a funny quip, but it is too often used to defend subpar storytelling. People can enjoy a property while also finding fault with some of its execution.

I think there is a lingering bitterness on my end regarding Lucasfilm and some of their decisions the past few years. I know that one move made around this time last year upset a lot of fans, myself most definitely included.

I think there is a lingering bitterness on my end regarding Lucasfilm and some of their decisions the past few years. I know that one move made around this time last year upset a lot of fans, myself most definitely included.
Gina?

My wife and I like BobF, just as as Mandalorian preseason.

Back
Top Bottom