• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

The Book of Boba Fett

DigModiFicaTion

DᴉმWoqᴉԷᴉcɑꓕᴉou
Staff member
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
FEAXvmoXEAoIWfE.jpg

Let the discussion begin!

Reminder to use spoiler tags in your posts!

Spoiler codes (without the spaces)
[ spoiler ]text[ /spoiler ]
looks like this
[ ispoiler ]text[ /ispoiler ]
looks like this

I tried to put it on for my kids who loved The Mandalorian. They asked “is Grogu in it?” When I told them he isn’t, they passed on watching this show. I’ll probably be at home it at some point myself but I would like to see some spoiler free reviews from you all before I dive in.

As with the Mandalorian, the aesthetic feels on target. The costumes look perhaps a bit too costumish, but at least Boba Fett's helmet got some of the wear and tear back on it.

Episode 1
This really just feels like another episode of the Mandalorian that instead focuses on Boba Fett. It will be interesting to see if they explain how he came to power. I would assume they'll continue to tell the story through flashbacks like they did in this one. I honestly dont' see Boba Fett as the daimyo here. He's pretty pathetic in terms of his physicality and to go parading aroudn the streets without adequate protection is just foolish. The parkour scenes were very on the nose. I wasn't expecting much so this was only slightly non satisfying. 6/10

I tried to put it on for my kids who loved The Mandalorian. They asked “is Grogu in it?” When I told them he isn’t, they passed on watching this show. I’ll probably be at home it at some point myself but I would like to see some spoiler free reviews from you all before I dive in.

It really doesn't feel any different than the Mandalorian. The look is nearly right, but the feelign is different. I'd like to see something that Jon Favreau & Dave Filoni have nothing to do with. I just don't care for their story telling.

First impression = geriatric Boba Fett,

Last edited:
As terrible as Boba Fert’s exit from the OT was, I thought it was a huge mistake to resurrect him (pretty much all SW resurrections have been mistakes). I thought Mandalorian was just an excuse to essentially use the same character. But I guess fans wanted Fett himself? *shrug* As former NFL football coach buddy Ryan said, “if you listen to the fans, you’re going to end up sitting with them.”

I persuaded at least one of my kids to watch. (The other said, “the only boba I care about is boba tea.”). The show is a lot like Solo. It takes a much loved character and shows backstory no one really needs, compete with a call back to one of weirdest shots in all of Star Wars (young Boba holding his father’s decapitated head). As I said above, I’m biased because I think it was a mistake to resurrect the character. Sadly, Morrison feels too old in the role, which they wrote around but it still hampers the show IMO. I also didn’t think the action worked particularly well. The
parkour scene is a great idea, but it never felt as thrilling as it should have.
The backstory feels unnecessary and so far uninteresting; the “present day” story feels clunky and lacks motivation. I’m hopeful that both will become more interesting and one (the past) will inform the other (present day). I’m a sucker for live action Star Wars , so I’ll continue watching. But this first episode doesn’t have me optimistic. My son liked it FWIW.

Last edited:
Reminder to use spoiler tags in your posts!

What is this board's rule for spoiler tags vis-a-vis TV series? IMO, if a whole season dumps all at once, it's reasonable to spoiler tag discussions about non-premiere episodes, to give people some time to catch up. But for a show that drops weekly, I think it's more than reasonable to openly discuss anything in an episode that has already debuted. Sure, spoiler tag anything that might reveal stuff in eps yet to come, but especially if one is visiting a thread about a particular series, one shouldn't object to discussion of publicly available episodes - IMO. But I of course defer to the mods. :)

i liked the flashbacks making everything tie in to the original trilogy and the prequels. i believe they could have saved those for later except the sarlacc. i will hold from deciding how good the series is until its further along

Last edited by a moderator:
@drvrjon I've added spoiler tags to your post.

@Gaith I think it's more that it just came out. After 7 weeks when it's at the end of the season I think we can lift the spoiler tags and update the thread title to say spoilers within. It's relatively easy to add spoiler tags or to spoiler blur portions of a post so it shouldn't be too much of a hassle to safeguard plot points and character developments.

For those that don't know you can highlight text, click on text options and select the mask icon to ISPOILER the text.

To manually add a spoiler tag simply write [ spoiler ]text here[/ spoiler ] without the spaces. Add an I infront of spoiler and you'll have the masked text spoiler. Eg [ ispoilet ]text[ /ispoiler ] without the spaces.

Episode 1 felt very similar to the weaker episodes of The Mandalorian. That's not to say I didn't enjoy it but it didn't blow me away. Given the structure of this episode I'm interested to see whether this is how each episode will be. Th narrative threads are interesting enough but neither plot line has gripped me yet. There were however plenty of things I did like though:

• The reprisal of a classic song with a jazzy (or rather jizzy) fiesta motif
• The CGI looks solid
• Establishing shots of Mos Eisley
• Boba being decrepit and in need of healing. I'm a sucker for a broken hero
• Fennec Shand, she really stood out for me
• The 'flashback monster' felt very expanded universe to me
• Hopefully a greater exploration of sand people culture will be seen in future episodes

I thought it was very generic. I didn't like the way the escape from the Sarlacc was rushed and was a kind of afterthought to just get him out of that hole. Was he not meant to be digesting for a thousand years. I would have liked a whole episode dedicated to Boba's escape I think i preferred this

I didn't like the flash back monster it seemed a bit to Clash of the Titans for me or the fact that Boba fought the Massiffs and got away with it. I did like the cantina scene and seeing Max Reebo again - it's coolto know he is still making music as a bar musician and is earning imperial credits.

This show simply feels "off".
As others have mentioned, it is as if Favreau and Filoni are not involved in the slightest.
Complied with an old, out-of-shape, actor who moves and runs with the fluidity of a wax statue come-to-life and my initial interest in this series is gone.

This show simply feels "off".
As others have mentioned, it is as if Favreau and Filoni are not involved in the slightest.
They are listed on imdb as being attached to the series. I actually would prefer for those two not to be involved in future projects. I haven't cared for their stories.

I felt it was just a set up episode. Nothing special happened in it, but it is setting up a lot of things that I think will come into play latter on in the series. At least that's my hope. I think Robert Rodriguez is a skilled director so that is where my hope is coming from (even with Boba Fett I still can't talk Star Wars without mentioning the work Hope😂).

They are listed on imdb as being attached to the series. I actually would prefer for those two not to be involved in future projects. I haven't cared for their stories.
I think they bring out the worst in each other. It gets way too fan servicey for me. At some point you have to take a step beyond just revering the OT and make something that stands on its own. I want to see live action stories set in the Star Wars universe that tell unique stories that draw on the spirit of the OT but do their own thing. I don’t want Easter eggs or Wilhelm screams or any winks at the audience. Just tell a friggin good story!

I agree. Their stories, for the most lack on many levels.
Out of the first 2 Seasons of the Mandalorian, I can recall only caring for a handful of episodes (maybe 5 or 6 episodes in total).
The rest of the episodes are time-draining-filler episodes.

This thread is going to make me keep up with the series. Watched it the other day and I get some of the (spoilered) points. My wife and I enjoyed it, but I for one wasn't really excited. For me it was a "cool, some Boba backstory and establish the series" kind of episode. I thought the Sarlacc scene was weak, and just there to get him out of the hole. We did both ask WTF is Boba thinking walking through the streets like he did, and the parkour was fun but could have been more. I also got strong Harryhausen vibes off the desert monster; while an amusing callback to his work it felt out of place here. I know we will keep watching it, and hopefully it builds on what was hinted at here.

Back
Top Bottom