• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

The Book of Boba Fett

Last Impressions

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Other than some ropey dialogue and techno music at the modification hospital? and the silly Jabba's Kitchen sequence this episode was much improved. At least we see the power of BK this week but i scoff that he didn't rip Boba or the spy kids arms off last week...its all very uneven writing. The Sarlacc Pitt sequence was cool - i enjoyed that.
I doubt we will get anymore flashback scenes now. ...and you just know Din Djarin and gang will be back to fight the pikes ...i loved the music cue

Racerx1969

Reaction score
Trophy Points
My wife and I laughed at the Mods scooter gang and not in a good way. While somewhat amusing, they definitely are out of place in the setting. Hopefully they go away quickly.

Moe_Syzlak

Reaction score
Trophy Points
My wife and I laughed at the Mods scooter gang and not in a good way. While somewhat amusing, they definitely are out of place in the setting. Hopefully they go away quickly.
I’ll forgive it if they fully commit and we see Sting as a bellboy in a later episode.

Last Impressions

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I’ll forgive it if they fully commit and we see Sting as a bellboy in a later episode.
They even called them Mods in episode 4 in makes sense now MODS - Modifications. Any way im off now " Ive got carry this bleeding baggage out and keep my lip buttoned down "

Moe_Syzlak

Reaction score
Trophy Points
They even called them Mods in episode 4 in makes sense now MODS - Modifications. Any way im off now " Ive got carry this bleeding baggage out and keep my lip buttoned down "
I liked ep4 the best so far. It still feels like a less than necessary story, but if all the episodes were at least that good I’d be fine with it. It’s still not great, but at least this episode didn’t make me constantly roll my eyes… just seMi-constantly. 🤣

ImperialFighter

Reaction score
Trophy Points
I was much happier with episode 4, so here's my thoughts on it -

Well after the underwhelming 3rd episode, this 4th one turned out to be a big improvement for me overall. In fact, things are building nicely with Boba's more 'thoughtful' persona at this point, as something was addressed that had been bothering me so far - because we finally got a sense of his current motivations, which explained WHY he was giving up the 'bounty hunting' game to attempt to take over Jabba's/Bib Fortuna's position in the first place. And he and Fennec Shand had some pretty good team-building together in this one.

In fact, I liked a LOT of moments in this latest episode, including some neat stuff involving one of my favourite ship designs from the Original Trilogy....Boba's 'Slave I'....and it was very satisfying to see PLENTY of action involving it.

I also liked the effects seen in the set-piece with the 'Sarlacc', as the shots of it's innards were greatly improved compared to the gloopy, rubbery mess with the stormtrooper in the 1st episode.....EXCEPT this entire scene of Boba looking for his armour INSIDE the 'Sarlacc' seemed ridiculous seeing as he was conscious when wearing it to escape in the 1st episode, before he collapsed in the sand. Did he somehow forget he had it on when he got out? And did he also forget about the jawas taking it off him when he 'reacted' to them before they knocked him out too? Did he somehow think he just got out in his 'long johns'? - so as much as it was quite a neat sequence overall, I would definitely REMOVE it for any re-edit of the episode. There were plenty of other good scenes involving the ship anyway, so I wouldn't miss losing this section one bit to make things more plausible.

However, this episode was nicely cinematic overall, and some of the shots of the exterior of Jabba's/Boba's palace were very well done indeed. And that little 'ratcatcher' droid was right up my street when it first appeared too.

But I could have done without the graffiti-covered MOD-ification shop where Fennec got her life saved, as I'm really not liking the whole 'Inspector Gadget'-angle for the local youths who look more suited to an episode of Star Trek....nor their blinged up scooters. - so I would ALSO REMOVE that entire scene and it's annoying music altogether....and just show the night-time scene in the desert where Fennec recovers beside the campfire, as Boba simply TELLS her what he had done to her to save her life.

All in all though, I'm a lot more invested in this show again after this episode.,
and I hope that continues to be the case.

Last edited:

DigModiFicaTion

DᴉმWoqᴉԷᴉcɑꓕᴉou
Staff member
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I think I've officially checked out from this series. Put on the latest episode and when the first shot was the bacta tank I sighed and started looking at used instruments online. I glanced up once in a while, but didn't really watch anything until a certain character we met in the series popped up on the screen again. They broadcasted what was going to happen and I guess every wookie tears people's arms off? Anyway, more needless dialogue and setting up story telling for a story that is going absolutely no where. While I didn't care for the disjointed episodic approach of the Mandalorian, this duel linear approach is even more painful to watch.

I didn't even like the Mandalorian, so it sounds like this is definitely not worth my time.
This is the way (not watching this series)

revel911

Reaction score
Trophy Points
I am watching to see if there is a way you can edit into a reasonable movie.

The Scribbling Man

Tenant of the Tower of Flints
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
A friend of mine told me the other day that he was loving this "ironically" and that it was the most George Lucas/prequel-esque thing he'd seen to come out of Disney. I've not heard a take like that yet...

Malthus

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Oh boy. I stalled on this and given the general feelings towards the show in this thread I'm not sure I'm going to pick it back up.

Jrzag42

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
A friend of mine told me the other day that he was loving this "ironically" and that it was the most George Lucas/prequel-esque thing he'd seen to come out of Disney. I've not heard a take like that yet...
Yeah no, as a prequel fan it's not nearly as good as that. Ask @Collipso.

revel911

Reaction score
Trophy Points
I liked chapter 4 (minus the horrible techno,) far better than 3.

hothstation

Reaction score
Trophy Points
I agree with the positive sentiments regarding episode 4... It is a marked improvement over the preceding three.

revel911

Reaction score
Trophy Points
BoBF seems unneeded now if they bring in Djin vs just including a more streamlined version of this story in The Mandalorian

Top Bottom