• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

The Book of Boba Fett

By simply having Fett feature as a semi recurring Bounty Hunter adversary to Djinn and having Morrison's voice dubbed onto a more fit stunt actor who never takes off his mask, we could have avoided a lot of cringe and unwanted lore.

Really glad Raised By Wolves s2 just arrived to help me forget all about this dreck.

Man, this whole thread has been totally negative on this show. Like, little to no positives. I know that no one hates Star Wars more than Star Wars fans, but yikes! I'm really surprised there is so much hate flowing through this thread.
I'm sorry, I was trying to be funny. But you're right, negativity is infectious.

I have to say the effects were great in the most recent episode, even though I am not personally invested in the story it's portrayed beautifully.

I didn't have high hopes going in. My thoughts going in were just that it was a show I wasn't terribly interested in, but that I'd watch with the family just because why not? I don't feel strongly about the show in any direction, it's mostly just whatever, but there are plenty of aspect, characters, and individual moments that I'm quite fond of. It's a show that I'd rather not waste time pointing out all of the parts that I find annoying or boring or that I think they could do better with, I don't care enough, if anything I'd rather just point out the little things that I do like. It was awesome to see that person appear (can't be bothered to do spoiler tags right now), I'm not big on how his design translated but just the fact that he's there made me happy, and I dig the mods even if we haven't gotten to see a ton of them, the flashback stuff if the first few episodes was great, the whole opening of the latest episode was fantastic and I'd love to see more of that. I don't think I can entirely understand someone totally hating or totally loving the show, but I also don't care to put that much thought into other's opinions on this show.
This show is just there, it is what it is, I dunno. You know what other show is currently airing on a different streaming service? Peacemaker, go watch that instead.

Man, this whole thread has been totally negative on this show. Like, little to no positives. I know that no one hates Star Wars more than Star Wars fans, but yikes! I'm really surprised there is so much hate flowing through this thread.
It's simply a bad show. If it wasn't a Star Wars show, it would still simply be a bad show. I've seen sci-fi channel shows with better dialogue, plot and action scenes. Episode 5 was ok, episode 6 is what they should have been doing from the start, but everything else has been unwanted and character diminishing content.

This is a pretty negative thread compared to the rest of the internet, but honestly I'm a little relieved. 'Hate' is perhaps a strong term, but I really don't like these Star Wars TV shows, and I'm glad I'm not alone.

Props to Shamook, the deepfaker who outdid Lucasfilm so thoroughly they hired him. The continued work is quite interesting in the technical sense. In fact, the shows have been great at using new cool VFX techniques; the Volume stage they film with is fascinating. But this computer generated human haunts my very soul. It's super creepy. It's not even the effect anymore so much as the lack of human performance.

Starting to think the whole Mandalorian show was simply a cunning plan. It got credit early on for feeling like its own thing and living in the universe instead of just referencing it, but the tide has shifted massively in just a couple of seasons. Having the star be a repainted Boba Fett was a genius way of doing something new without actually doing that; and then his co-star is another mystery box, wrapped in adorable Yoda wrapping paper. The cute little bugger is both the show's heart and its fatal flaw to me, because he ensures we'll never get away from jedi and cameos, even though that is what was celebrated about this show when it started.

I thought season 1 was alright. I got why people liked it. Season 2 really ramped up the fan-service though and most of it grated on me. Some episodes were nothing but name drops and back-door pilots for other shows and it became formulaic. Mando goes to planet, meets crowd-pleaser cameo, kills stormtroopers, tease for next cameo. This is no longer the way, in my opinion.

Man, this whole thread has been totally negative on this show.

I think it important to note that Fanedit.org is literally one of the chillest forums on the net. Very few threads here feature any negativity at all so I think the fact this thread is largely negative is simply a testiment to the general weakness of the show. I fir one dropped it after one and a half episodes. I'm just holding out hope that Acolyte and Ashoka will be good.

I think it important to note that Fanedit.org is literally one of the chillest forums on the net. Very few threads here feature any negativity at all so I think the fact this thread is largely negative is simply a testiment to the general weakness of the show. I fir one dropped it after one and a half episodes. I'm just holding out hope that Acolyte and Ashoka will be good.
One of the few things I wholeheartedly detest about this site. For a website that proclaims its dedication to positivity, negativity seems to seep its way in at every corner. 🙃

One of the few things I wholeheartedly detest about this site. For a website that proclaims its dedication to positivity, negativity seems to seep its way in at every corner. 🙃

That's literally not what I'm saying OR what I have experienced, Motley.

Sooooo how about them Mandalorians, am I right?!

This is a pretty negative thread compared to the rest of the internet, but honestly I'm a little relieved. 'Hate' is perhaps a strong term, but I really don't like these Star Wars TV shows, and I'm glad I'm not alone.

Props to Shamook, the deepfaker who outdid Lucasfilm so thoroughly they hired him. The continued work is quite interesting in the technical sense. In fact, the shows have been great at using new cool VFX techniques; the Volume stage they film with is fascinating. But this computer generated human haunts my very soul. It's super creepy. It's not even the effect anymore so much as the lack of human performance.

Starting to think the whole Mandalorian show was simply a cunning plan. It got credit early on for feeling like its own thing and living in the universe instead of just referencing it, but the tide has shifted massively in just a couple of seasons. Having the star be a repainted Boba Fett was a genius way of doing something new without actually doing that; and then his co-star is another mystery box, wrapped in adorable Yoda wrapping paper. The cute little bugger is both the show's heart and its fatal flaw to me, because he ensures we'll never get away from jedi and cameos, even though that is what was celebrated about this show when it started.

I thought season 1 was alright. I got why people liked it. Season 2 really ramped up the fan-service though and most of it grated on me. Some episodes were nothing but name drops and back-door pilots for other shows and it became formulaic. Mando goes to planet, meets crowd-pleaser cameo, kills stormtroopers, tease for next cameo. This is no longer the way, in my opinion.
I agree with this almost completely. This site is the only place I read, see, or hear any reactions to Star Wars as I find places like OT to be pretty toxic. I don’t see any of that here. Yes, people will have unfavorable opinions of things, but they are always calmly presented and well backed opinions. I also think that the nature of this site means that the members, if I may be so bold, are more well-versed in what constitutes good storytelling. There are times when people here have totally hated things I’ve liked and we’ve found almost no common ground. But I’ve never had that difference of opinion feel vitriolic. I think there can be a difference between dislike and negative. I think the tone of this thread is unfavorable, not negative.

It seems like you are looking for negative things to say about the community.

I agree with this almost completely. This site is the only place I read, see, or hear any reactions to Star Wars as I find places like OT to be pretty toxic. I don’t see any of that here. Yes, people will have unfavorable opinions of things, but they are always calmly presented and well backed opinions. I also think that the nature of this site means that the members, if I may be so bold, are more well-versed in what constitutes good storytelling. There are times when people here have totally hated things I’ve liked and we’ve found almost no common ground. But I’ve never had that difference of opinion feel vitriolic. I think there can be a difference between dislike and negative. I think the tone of this thread is unfavorable, not negative.

The very act of fan editing is a form of criticism in a way. People who do it have trained themselves to break down what's in front of them like taking apart someting mechanical. We're far more sensitive to perceived flaws in construction, and probably one of the more critical groups out there because of it. But there's definitely a difference between being critical and being negative. I'd argue it's constructive criticism for sure. Fan editing itself is literally constructing and contrasting from the original work. We do spend a large amount of time discussing why things didn't work, but we're also interested in celebrating, preserving and enhancing the things that did.

Discussing Star Wars is a risky prospect these days. Hostility isn't new to the fandom, but I feel like the amount of divisions are. You can visit different places and find all sorts of factions going to war with eachother. Pretty much the only thing some fans have in common is that they're mad as hell. I'll second that show of support for 'The Acolyte'. That's the Star Wars project I'm curious about.

If you insist, but trust is a fragile gift.
The only consequence this community has IRL is the power we give it. This place is primarily for sharing ideas and building skills. That involves truthful communications about technical things. While text based communications are often misinterpreted, know that staff tries to remain tactful and intentional in our communications with others. The incident you continually bring up was a misinterpretation that should have been resolved between the parties involved. Instead of seeking for clarity, it was shared cryptically then you brought it up without full context. We shared everything that was said and the community made their own decisions and a collective decision. You didn't need to make it a huge thing then and have been asked more than once to not make it a huge thing now. Normally I'd write this via PM, as I've already done, but you keep bringing it up. The community moved on. Feel free to join us in letting it go. If not, feel free to follow through on your intentions. Let's not hijack anymore threads.

The only consequence this community has IRL is the power we give it. This place is primarily for sharing ideas and building skills. That involves truthful communications about technical things. While text based communications are often misinterpreted, know that staff tries to remain tactful and intentional in our communications with others. The incident you continually bring up was a misinterpretation that should have been resolved between the parties involved. Instead of seeking for clarity, it was shared cryptically then you brought it up without full context. We shared everything that was said and the community made their own decisions and a collective decision. You didn't need to make it a huge thing then and have been asked more than once to not make it a huge thing now. Normally I'd write this via PM, as I've already done, but you keep bringing it up. The community moved on. Feel free to join us in letting it go. If not, feel free to follow through on your intentions. Let's not hijack anymore threads.
I just can't seem to forgive and forget so easily.

Back
Top Bottom