• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

The Book of Boba Fett

Can’t say I agree. I thought ep5–which was basically an episode of the Mandalorian, and by far the weakest one at that—was a significant downgrade from ep4 and an unfortunate return to form for the series. A series that seems more interested in backfilling unnecessary exposition, winking and nodding to the fans, and self-parodying than in delivering any real story. Hard pass on this episode for me.

What do you do when you have a terrible show.....try to make it better by inserting a stolen episode from the Mandalorian S2. I'm a bit tired of the "This is the way" stuff from the Mandalorian lady. The whole premise of mandalorians is pretty ridiculous. Also, why does the dark saber all of a sudden act differently than it did during the episodes of the Mandalorian? Mando talks completely different here. The dialogue is on par with the rest of The Book of Boba Fettt.....This episode is trying to hard to be an MCU equivalent.
The set designs were a lot better in this episode. To call this The Book of Boba Fett when he isn't even in it is a stretch. Another stinker episode of needless content and story telling, if you can even call it that.[/ispoiler]

Is it ridiculous? Or is their current leader (the armorer) a fanatic who overly worships an old religion?

Is it ridiculous? Or is their current leader (the armorer) a fanatic who overly worships an old religion?
How do they eat/drink? It was mostly the line about the helmet that I was referring to.

Last edited:
How do they eat/drink? It was mostly the line about the helmet that I was referring to.

Despite the snarky clip, I do agree with you. Never taking off a costume is a weird thing that happens a lot in fiction.

Of course they eat and drink and take off their helmets, just not in front of others. Simple enough.

Of course they eat and drink and take off their helmets, just not in front of others. Simple enough.
I realized I was wrong about that fact. revel911 also makes a good point about the religion. In hindsight my comment would be insensitive if this were real scenario. My apologies.

I don't think the show is terrible vs just not needed. I really would be curious if much of BoBF had been sprinkled into S2 and S3 of TM. It honestly would have came off as a much better narrative.

I felt the new episode amazing in the same sense that what I liked about this episode is why I am disappointed with many other episodes, maybe that is because the team knows what to do with Djin,

I don't think the show is terrible vs just not needed. I really would be curious if much of BoBF had been sprinkled into S2 and S3 of TM. It honestly would have came off as a much better narrative.

I felt the new episode amazing in the same sense that what I liked about this episode is why I am disappointed with many other episodes, maybe that is because the team knows what to do with Djin,
I hesitate to even reply because I don’t want to rain on anyone’s parade. But I’m curious as to how you feel the Boba Fett storyline could work even as a B story in The Mandalorian. Granted ther wouldn’t be as much scrutiny on a B story but still is there a narrative arc you see that warrants this story being told?

I’m not really sure what you mean with the second paragraph. Perhaps you mean you liked it more because you were already invested in the character’s storyline? I mostly liked the Mandalorian, but I felt like this latest BoBF episode felt like a less competent version of a Mandalorian episode which further cemented my feelings that this show is simply not being run as well as that show.

This week's episode was a good episode 0 for the upcoming Season 3 of The Mandalorian, but I have no idea why it was part of Boba Fett. If they needed something in this episode to lead into next week's Boba Fett episode, then it should have been put at the end of The Mandalorian Season 2.

I'm not watching this show but the bits and pieces I've seen on the internet are kind of embarassing. Disney seems extra desperate with Star Wars. I hope the Obi Wan show fares better, but it speaks volumes about Disney's vision of this universe that it will the third show in a row to revisit Tatooine. They're rehashing references at this point.

I'm not watching this show but the bits and pieces I've seen on the internet are kind of embarassing. Disney seems extra desperate with Star Wars. I hope the Obi Wan show fares better, but it speaks volumes about Disney's vision of this universe that it will the third show in a row to revisit Tatooine. They're rehashing references at this point.
True, it has been embarrassing at times but the last two episodes were most definitely an improvement. Also, there is a strong rumor we will have a major surprise this week that a lot of people will enjoy if it comes to fruition.

True, it has been embarrassing at times but the last two episodes were most definitely an improvement. Also, there is a strong rumor we will have a major surprise this week that a lot of people will enjoy if it comes to fruition.
I don’t know what you’re talking about but if it has anything to do with a small role in the last episode, I really really hope what I think you’re suggesting doesn’t happen.

I don’t know what you’re talking about but if it has anything to do with a small role in the last episode, I really really hope what I think you’re suggesting doesn’t happen.
I won't be specific, but if you search for recently-uploaded IMDBPro/Star Wars videos on YouTube you will find the spoiler I alluded to.

I hope not either (I just checked) and it bothers me the forced ties to the OT. There are ways to do subtle nods, without cramming it down our throats.

.... (issue due to server lag.)

The last episode was definitely one of the stronger ones. Which is not so great, sine it's more of an extension of The Mandalorian than a part of this series. Even with that I actually commented to my wife that there's a lot that is simply fan service. We still enjoyed it knowing what it was. I also got a very strong auto refurb/hot rodding show/Fast & Furious vibe off the whole new ship segment. Amusing, but seemed a bit out of place.

Definitely ripe for an edit... I can see the first episodes as a quick flashback, all depending of course if there is actually enough payoff of a plot at the end.

But the whole series so far can be cut down to less than an hour of quality content to catch up to the time they recruit Mando.

Whether there will be an actual story by the end though? I'm not holding my breath... I've been underwhelmed on every episode. Nothing seems truly fun or exciting.

Back
Top Bottom