• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

The ARROWVERSE (Flash, Arrow, Supergirl, Legends,etc)

Fettclone1 said:
jrWHAG42 said:
... and lead to a major movie down the road. Flashpoint Paradox has been rumored for some time and this would be a perfect lead-in.

While that would be amazing, I think the chances are very minimal.   The chasm between Warner DC television and movies departments is very significant.  But never say never!  Never imagined any sort of live action adaption of CRISIS would ever be possible...

We all wondered, now we know...

68882680_405529313462351_254475296100017819_n.jpg

Now will be see Diggle as Green Lantern John Stewart?   :D

BATWOMAN "Pilot" -- The show had to do a lot of heavy lifting in it's 42 minute run time, so it is filled with tons of awkward establishing exposition dialogue but otherwise a solid opener with much potential.  Much of the most cringey dialogue from the Comic Con trailer was smartly removed.  Ruby Rose and the cast are very good.  Most the pilot exteriors was shot on location in Chicago, so it has a definite Nolan Batman look and style.  I liked it.  8 out of 10.

SUPERGIRL "Event Horizon" -- Last season the theme was rise of extremism and anti-immigration, this year it appears the show will be tackling social media, empty calorie news.   The villain of the week is just a disposable device to frame some cool super fights around, while the focus of the episode is on ensemble and their relationships.   Lena has finally gone full badguy, as she utters the classic line "I am not a Villain".  Jimmy... I mean, Jame Olsen exits the series.  Which is fine, since the series never seemed to know what to do with him.  Two new ongoing villains are introduced and Kara gets both a new super suit and a civilian glam upgrade.  All in all, a very enjoyable return.  8 out of 10.

:D

addiesin said:
Brandon Routh in his Crisis outfit...

m5r4dvzrfgqd2q1hztij.png

So why is it a one-off alt-universe Superman gets a decent costume, trunks and all, but Cavill & Hoechlin get saddled with fugly New 52-inspired trash?

I really hope some kind of spinoff happens with the new Routh Superman. It would be such a waste to only have this look in this one episode or whatever it is. I’m also going to watch this thing and hope I’m not too lost despite not watching any of these shows past, like, season 2 of Arrow.

I'm super excited about the Crisis crossover. (I'm surprised that such a big event is happening in low-ratings December and January, rather than in big-ratings months like November, February or May. But I'm not a network exec, so whatever.)

Apparently, Lynda Carter said no. But Burt Ward will be in this! BURT WARD!

I think just about every previous Superman except for Dean Cain is on board. Of course, sadly, we can't have Christopher Reeve or Margot Kidder. (And going back further than that, it's unlikely that George Reeves or other earlier Superman actors would be with us, tragedy aside.) But they've brought in pretty much everybody they possibly can.

I mean, Kevin Conroy as a live-action Batman? Yes, please!

It would be nice if there would be some representation of the 1978-87 Superman movies. Jimmy Olsen, maybe? What's Helen Slater up to these days?

The only mildly annoying thing is that WB is not allowing them to use anything from Batman Begins or beyond in terms of the theatrical movies. While the DC movies have been doing better lately, they still could probably use the shot in the arm of a cross-promotion. And who wouldn't love to see Christian Bale make at least even a brief appearance? (Presumably, his version of Bruce Wayne would be pulled from the timeline sometime after Begins and before The Dark Knight.)

Nonetheless, I'm super stoked, and can't wait to see all the great guest stars! (Of course, I hope there's a good story to boot.)

I just looked it up, and apparently Gene Hackman is still alive. He'd probably be too old to act though.
It's also worth noting that the actor who played teenage Clark Kent in Superman the Movie is still alive, it'd be neat if he could make an appearance too.
Is there any word on anyone from the Burton/Schumacher Batman films making an appearance?
Actually, from what I've read, it seems that most of the guest characters are from shows, maybe there won't be any movie representation.

*Kevin Spacey waits by the phone, tapping his fingers*

(I kid, obviously. But, he was a great Lex Luthor.)

I thought Brandon Routh was playing the same version of Superman as Christopher Reeves.

asterixsmeagol said:
I thought Brandon Routh was playing the same version of Superman as Christopher Reeves.

Routh is playing Superman from the comic series KINGDOM COME.  An older Superman in a world where Lois is dead.  Whether this is connected to Superman Returns has not been made clear.  We will just have to wait and see.  Can't spoil everything... lol.   :D

TomH1138 said:
The only mildly annoying thing is that WB is not allowing them to use anything from Batman Begins or beyond in terms of the theatrical movies. While the DC movies have been doing better lately, they still could probably use the shot in the arm of a cross-promotion. And who wouldn't love to see Christian Bale make at least even a brief appearance? (Presumably, his version of Bruce Wayne would be pulled from the timeline sometime after Begins and before The Dark Knight.)

One has to remember that Warner TV and Warner Movies are separate divisions, so I would not expect much cross pollination.  Plus, even if one of the movie actors was interested, I doubt the CW Network or Berlanti would have the budget for a Bale or Cavill... or even a Kilmer, for that matter.  And if they just wanted to use footage from one of the DC movies, they would have to pay for that too.  

But with the magic of fan editing, we can add in whoever we want!!!   :p :D

It's picture day!

Lois Lanes...
lois.jpg

Flash lightning!
ZvYnqFQ.jpg

Flash super sandwich!
EGYtd_tUYAE0_lV

THE FLASH "Into The Void" season premiere...

FUN!  A great new season opener.  A nice balance of super hero soapy drama as Barry and Iris deal with the loss of Nora, and a kooky science silver age style threat of a living black hole.  On the whole for me, very entertaining and the best premiere so far this season.

The new suit is the best yet.  Helmut fixed and yes, the chin strap is back.

And I smiled so hard when Cisco played Queen's Flash Gordon theme.... lol

EGeJW3MXoAEpIWl.jpg

Great Krypton!  Look at Tom Cavanogh's PARIAH suit!!!  Amazingly comic book accurate!!!

Just thinking out loud.... there has been so much hype about all the Hero guest stars for CRISIS.
But what about the Villains?   One of the major plot points of the original comic series was all the major villains uniting together.
Other than Jon Cryer returning as Luthor, we really have not heard much.
Michael Rosenbaum was invited back to reprise his Luthor but declined the offer.
How about other Luthor actors?  John Shea?  Sherman Howard?  
Actually, since they have Kevin Conroy, I would LOVE to see Clancy Brown as Luthor.

Some AMAZING fan editing by ULTRA SARGENT!!!!

Second week of the Arrowverse... so yeah.. uh.. SPOILERS... most likely....

BATWOMAN -- second episode very strong.  Unlike past Arrowverse pilots, and jamming the entire origin story in a single 42 minutes, the producers are wisely spreading it out over three, making for a better narrative arc.  Despite all the Haters, I think this show is very well done and Ruby Rose proves in this second episode she is more than capable of bearing the mantle of the Bat.

SUPERGIRL -- continues to set various plot threads into motion.... J'onn evil twin takes the "A" plot position, while Lena goes full on evil mad scientist in the "B" storyline and the "C" (for comedy?) story is Brainy's terrible learning curve when it comes to love.  And oh yeah, there is the whole mysterious William stuff....  a solid episode.

FLASH -- we get our first look at the coming CRISIS when Barry time travels to the day after he is suppose vanish, and we are treated to imagery right out of the classic comic mini-series.  Powerful stuff.  Gusten's performance is excellent as he deals with the revelation.  Thankfully the other plots are much lighter and fun, dealing with Frost discovering herself and the rest of Team Flash working on murder case featuring a wrongly accused Meta.   Good stuff!

ARROW -- season premiere!!!  Ollie is sent to Earth-2 on a gathering mission for the Monitor.  This episode works both as a nostalgia episode back to the simpler days of season one and as a universe shaking status quo changer.  Again, Amell's performance nails it as he encounters faces from the past.  And like The Flash, the episode ends with  Earth-2 being obliterated by the Crisis!!!  (hhhmmmm.... does this mean Harry Wells and Jesse Quick are now dead?  And what about Robert Queen is suppose to be The Hood of Earth 2 not Adrian Chase???)   And we have a subplot involving the Team Arrow 2040, which really did not add much to the story.   But still a good opener!!!

:D

Theory:  Pariah will be Harry Wells from the now destroyed Earth-2...
Arrowverse-Pariah-01.jpg

The ANTI-MONITOR....
crisis-on-infinite-earths-anti-monitor-400x600.jpg

Executive producer Greg Guggenheim teased the Arrow spin-off show today...
EG76-ISU4AAcbsv

bionicbob said:
And what about Robert Queen is suppose to be The Hood of Earth 2 not Adrian Chase???)
The opener does go out of its way to say that Oliver has been "stuck on Lian Yu" for 12 years, giving plenty of time for Robert Queen to be arrested and Adrian Chase to take up the mantle. Though, it does make me wonder if Earth 2 Robert didn't tell the whole truth about what happened to Earth 2 Oliver.

Back
Top Bottom