• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

The ARROWVERSE (Flash, Arrow, Supergirl, Legends,etc)

bionicbob

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Nic said:
bionicbob said:
And what about Robert Queen is suppose to be The Hood of Earth 2 not Adrian Chase???)
The opener does go out of its way to say that Oliver has been "stuck on Lian Yu" for 12 years, giving plenty of time for Robert Queen to be arrested and Adrian Chase to take up the mantle. Though, it does make me wonder if Earth 2 Robert didn't tell the whole truth about what happened to Earth 2 Oliver.

Indeed.  Perhaps Robert trained with Bruce Wayne on the Island.  And then later Robert trained Adrian.   So many infinite possibilities... 

Second episode, "Welcome to Hong Kong" was EXCELLENT!  The return of Katana!  China White! The Harbinger reveal!!!  Plus the cinematography for the entire Hong Kong portion was gorgeous, very cinematic.  The Star City 2040 was fine, the only person in that cast who is interesting or has screen presence is Kathrine McNamara, so it is no wonder she was picked for the spin-off show.   My prediction is somehow (ie CRISIS) Mia becomes trapped in the present day Star City and joins forces with our two Canaries to take up Oliver's legacy.

Duragizer

Reaction score
Trophy Points
LOL. Welling sure likes disappointing the fans of his crappy version of the character.

Gaith

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Doesn't look as though Supergirl's ratings are too hot. Maybe bringing it to a close in the same season Arrow ends and the Crisis could help smooth over the sting of a cancellation?

A show about married parents of a newborn is hardly standard CW fare, Superman or not, so it'll be interesting to see how this develops for sure...

bionicbob

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Duragizer said:
LOL. Welling sure likes disappointing the fans of his crappy version of the character.

Lots of people like Welling's version of the character, myself included.

Plus this is just rumour, and I regret posting it.

However, imo the CRISIS crossover main focus should be on the series regulars, not the guest stars.  All the cameos and easter eggs to other DC shows and or movies is just wonderful comic book continuity fun.  :D

Nic

Reaction score
Trophy Points
bionicbob said:
Duragizer said:

However, imo the CRISIS crossover main focus should be on the series regulars, not the guest stars.  All the cameos and easter eggs to other DC shows and or movies is just wonderful comic book continuity fun.  :D

That being said, if there's not a scene of Kevin Conroy and Burt Ward on screen at the same time with one calling the other "old chum," I'll be sorely disappointed.

Duragizer

Reaction score
Trophy Points
bionicbob said:
Duragizer said:

I used to be a fan of Smallville, and I liked him back then, too, but I've come to dislike how the character was written/performed in the years since. Too mopey, too dumb, and with poor taste in women. His refusal to suit up at the end certainly did nothing to endear him to me, either.

Zarius

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I'm thrilled about the Superman series...especially as it will be apparently based on what DC have been doing in the comics for the past five years with him and Lois as parents

bionicbob

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Nic said:
bionicbob said:
That being said, if there's not a scene of Kevin Conroy and Burt Ward on screen at the same time with one calling the other "old chum," I'll be sorely disappointed.

Could Kevin Conroy play Bruce on the Batwoman series?  Or would he be too old to be Kate's cousin?  Did they give specific dates in the pilot for the Joker bridge incident?   There seems to be a significant age gap between Bruce and Kate....  hhhmmmm..... wishful fanboy musings... lol

asterixsmeagol

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Kevin Conroy is 63 and Ruby Rose is 33. A 33-year age difference between cousin's insn't unheard of, but it is a bit odd. I haven't watched Batwoman yet, has she said Bruce is her cousin on screen? If not, they could easily make him her uncle instead.

Gaith

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
^ Hm... am not currently watching Batwoman, am not likely to start, and am not sure if I'll be able to take that pink-red wig at all seriously...

bionicbob said:
THE LEGENDS OF TOMORROW Season Four Finale "Hey, World!"

Much like the finale plot, Legends as a series as a whole is like a circus.  It's three rings of writers and producers masterfully spin plates of action, juggle balls of drama and walk tightropes of comedy.  In a single episode, the tone can shift from heart pounding horror, to sentimental drama and to slapstick comedy.  It really should not work, but somehow it almost always does.  

Having just watched the S4 finale, all I can say is, I sincerely hope that Brett Dalton (Agents of SHIELD's Grant Ward) plays one of next season's escaped evil souls, and that at some point, he meets the Legends, and mutters, "great, another bunch of weirdos." :p

Oh, and another thing: unlike Arrow and Flash, I didn't ditch this series halfway through its fourth season! While those series got repetitive and stale, Legends continues to innovate and impress. That said, if Tala Ashe doesn't immediately re-appear and continue on as a series regular, I will indeed have to wonder if this whole multiverse is worth saving at all...

(Gratuitous supporting evidence)

AR-308029820.jpg

And, has the whole of the Arrowverse produced another frame as perfect as this?!

Moustache.jpg

Nic

Reaction score
Trophy Points
So, what parallel universe are we in where Arrow is doing better than Flash in terms of storytelling?

Part of that I think has to deal with the Crisis. This is Arrow's last season, so they're pulling out all the stops with stories they couldn't get away with in prior seasons, like bringing Future Team Arrow to the present (which is BRILLIANT!). Flash, on the the hand, feels more constrained by the Crisis. I know Barry dies during the Crisis in the comics, but I imagine Grant Gustin has a multi-season contract that prevents him from being killed off permanently. Maybe they'll take a page from Rebirth where Barry's erased from the multiverse, but he connects with Iris and that tethers him back to reality?

Supergirl I was worried about, but these past few episodes the story's really come into focus. While I don't think it'll reach the heights of the heavily story-focused 4th season, this week's episode was especially a delight. I appreciate that the CW is breaking their seasons into mini-arcs, where each season has their own 7-9 episode arcs of 3.

This is especially present with Batwoman, which may be reaching the end of the very personal/intimate Alice storyline next week. I'm glad that season one has been extended, since it's been pretty great so far, with this week's episode was not as in your face with it's identity as it was last week (which I honestly didn't mind, but I imagine some people were). While I'm tempted for them to do what they did with Supergirl and just make a genderflip Batman show, I'm thankful that Kate Kane is a clearly different person from Bruce Wayne.

Sad to say I stopped watching Black Lightning mid-season 2. I might pick it back up one day, but I just got the feeling that things would just get worse and worse for the characters, and the trailers I saw for season 3 just confirmed it. But I will say that it's most likely a me problem, as what I did see of season 2 wasn't "bad," necessarily.

And of course, stoked for Legends, but I'm a little sad knowing this is Brandon Routh's last season of the show.

bionicbob

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Nic said:
So, what parallel universe are we in where Arrow is doing better than Flash in terms of storytelling?

Part of that I think has to deal with the Crisis. This is Arrow's last season, so they're pulling out all the stops with stories they couldn't get away with in prior seasons, like bringing Future Team Arrow to the present (which is BRILLIANT!).

After the underwhelming season seven of ARROW, it is wonderful to see this show return with its "A" Game.  The combination of the coming threat of Crisis  and the Farewell Tour story plotting, has been awesome for long time fans.  The pacing has been superb, and the character beats right on target.  I was bit disappointed when Guggenheim revealed that the Canaries spin-off will take place in 2040, as I hoped Mia would stay in the present day and continue her father's legacy.  Also, will that mean Sara and Dinah will be in aged make up for the rest of the series?
 I know Barry dies during the Crisis in the comics, but I imagine Grant Gustin has a multi-season contract that prevents him from being killed off permanently. Maybe they'll take a page from Rebirth where Barry's erased from the multiverse, but he connects with Iris and that tethers him back to reality?

Grant does have a standard seven season contract, so I do not think he will stay dead, if he dies at all.  I strongly suspect Flash-90 will join the Speed Force.  I am now wondering, based on Cisco's arc so far, if he will perish during Crisis saving Barry?  As it sort of feels like the show might be setting up Chunk to replace him?
Supergirl I was worried about, but these past few episodes the story's really come into focus. While I don't think it'll reach the heights of the heavily story-focused 4th season, this week's episode was especially a delight. 
 I agree, Supergirl has gotten off to a much slower start compared to previous seasons.  But the producers have stated the show will be very different Post-Crisis.  I am glad they dealt with Lena's reveal quickly, rather than drag it out all season.  That woman has some serious abandonment issues lol

... Batwoman, which may be reaching the end of the very personal/intimate Alice storyline next week. I'm glad that season one has been extended, since it's been pretty great so far, with this week's episode was not as in your face with it's identity as it was last week (which I honestly didn't mind, but I imagine some people were). While I'm tempted for them to do what they did with Supergirl and just make a genderflip Batman show, I'm thankful that Kate Kane is a clearly different person from Bruce Wayne.

While I am enjoying BW, and I would put it on par thus far with season one of Arrow, as the show is still developing and learning what works and what doesn't.  I sort of feel the show has been too Alice-centric so far.  One thing Supergirl and Flash did spectacularly well in their first season was balance the Big Bad while having the Hero face off against recognizable weekly villains, so your hero can have a win each week and earn the viewer's respect.  Thus far, the One-Off villains of the Week have been less than exciting.   When one considers that Batman has one of the best villain galleries in comics, this is very disappointing.  Also, inconsistencies in well established Bat tropes -- the introduction of the classic bat rebreather in one episode but then the character does not have it the next when there is a gas attack -- frustrate me.  But as I said, still tuning weekly and I am still being entertained.  Very curious where the show will go.
Sad to say I stopped watching Black Lightning mid-season 2. I might pick it back up one day, but I just got the feeling that things would just get worse and worse for the characters, and the trailers I saw for season 3 just confirmed it. But I will say that it's most likely a me problem, as what I did see of season 2 wasn't "bad," necessarily.

Season one was pitch perfect.  Season two I found very plodding.  It was only the Pierce Family dynamics that kept me tuning in.  Season three has been better, though I am growing tired of the ASA and Podkids storyline.  It needs to be wrapped  up and the show needs a new arc.  On the plus side, the new suit is a massive improvement!

Very curious about LEGENDS... what insanity will our favourite misfits screw up this time?  lol

Newest CRISIS trailer is epic...

Nic

Reaction score
Trophy Points
bionicbob said:
Newest CRISIS trailer is epic...

John Wesley Shipp back in the 90s Flash outfit? YES!!! Now give me Green Lantern John Diggle!!!

bionicbob

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Final trailer.... and it is a heart stopper!!!  WOWZERS!

bionicbob

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Four days to CRISIS...

Now that all the pre-Crisis Arrowverse shows have aired, how do they stack up?

BATWOMAN -- ended on a very strong emotional note, which made up for one trope all the Arrowverse shows are guilty of (especially Arrow!!!!), in which the Hero tracks down the villain (who has killed lots of innocent people), has a heart to heart conversation with the badguy, and then walks away until they meet again!  I hate that!  And they did it TWICE in one episode of BW!  Frustrates me to no end.  But otherwise, an excellent episode as Kate learns a very hard lesson.  I would rank this season so far a solid 7 out of 10.

SUPERGIRL -- the last two episodes really revitalized this season for me.  Lena breaks bad, and like her brother is convinced she is the hero of the story.  Leviathan is revealed.  And some honest to goodness comic book style super fights with an over the top supervillain!  7.5 out of 10.

ARROW -- the show has really played the nostalgia card well this season and all the characters have been given moments to shine.  For long time fans this has been rewarding, but if you never watched before, it probably just feels like dog paddling filler until Crisis.   8 out of 10.

THE FLASH -- this season has been comic book rock solid fun.  Mostly this is due to tossing out the Whedon Playbook and going with a shorter Big Bad arc.  Bloodwork was an awesome creepy maniacal villain.  And Dark Flash was visually perfect.  A highly entertaining season thus far.  9 out of 10.
:D

bionicbob

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Great Krypton!!!  ANOTHER TRAILER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Only two days to go people.... let the predictions/speculation begin!!!  :D

Top Bottom