• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

STAR WARS: Last Jedi - Anti-Cringe-Cut

mla2520 said:
Yeah - I could not find how to submit a review, either!

Dougbl said:
Stupid question-this will be my first review here.  I don’t see how to do it?  Do you know where...also this was the film they should have made especially due to the untimely dear of Carrie Fischer.  I know continuity with the next film will be a problem but for now this is perfect!

Great job.  My one complaint-I think the scroll should not have had anti cringe in it.  You version is a go to version and should follow the norm.  Really great work- and I look forward to more work from you.

Doug

Thanks guys!  :)

You can leave a review here: https://ifdb.fanedit.org/star-wars-episode-viii-the-last-jedi-anti-cringe-cut/

PS: The first link in my signature now leads to my IFDB page instead of to this thread ;)

Will put a full review later. but may I ask why you didn't mask Leia out at the end during the overhead shot of the Rebellion in the cave?

revel911 said:
Will put a full review later. but may I ask why you didn't mask Leia out at the end during the overhead shot of the Rebellion in the cave?

Thanks!

The attention in that scene is on Poe and it would have been too much hassle for a wide shot, where she's not that recognizable (except if you're looking for her). Maybe there's more than one old lady elderly rebel in the Resistance ;)

One old lady huh?  Also discovered why I couldn’t review-must be done on a PC.

Review is there now.

Doug

Just wanted to thank everybody who kept their promise and left a review. Appreciate the feedback guys! :)

I still haven't because I still haven't had the chance to see the film, but I will: I promise.

Watched this and like to leave my thoughts ina review, but, I don't know how to actually upload a review to this site - I'm relatively new here and I don't know how to go about it, sorry.

Is there a "review" procedure to follow or something?

Tony said:
Watched this and like to leave my thoughts ina review, but, I don't know how to actually upload a review to this site - I'm relatively new here and I don't know how to go about it, sorry.

Thanks for watching Tony! :)

Just click on the link in my signature to get to the IFDB Page for my edit. There should be a "Write Review" button up there (right under the title).

You also need to be logged onto a PC- It did not work for me on ipad or iphone.

Doug

DonKamillo said:
Tony said:

Just click on the link in my signature to get to the IFDB Page for my edit. There should be a "Write Review" button up there (right under the title).

No problem Don. It was worth the watch. Loved how you managed to completely excise the two completely redundant subplots from the film and showed that there was a decent film in there trying to get out. Your cut is quite superior to the theatrical cut, for sure.

However, I still don't see a "Write Review" button. I dunno, maybe I'm just thick and it's staring me in the face. Also, I'm on a desktop PC.

1.jpg

Tony said:
DonKamillo said:
Tony said:

No problem Don. It was worth the watch. Loved how you managed to completely excise the two completely redundant subplots from the film and showed that there was a decent film in there trying to get out. Your cut is quite superior to the theatrical cut, for sure.

However, I still don't see a "Write Review" button. I dunno, maybe I'm just thick and it's staring me in the face. Also, I'm on a desktop PC.

Happy to hear that you liked it :)

That's strange. I just clicked on a random Fan Edit and it should look like this:

151289.jpg

So you are logged in, accessing the IFDB page on a desktop PC and still not seeing the button?

Maybe a Mod can help us out here...

Right so...it seems I am thick.

You need not only to be logged into the forums section of the site, but you have to log in separately to the IFDB section too, in order to see the "Write Review" button.

I think the login is different for the database than it is for the forum.  So don’t assume you’re logged in just because you’re logged into the forum.

Moe_Syzlak said:
I think the login is different for the database than it is for the forum.  So don’t assume you’re logged in just because you’re logged into the forum.

Ah, so that's why it hasn't been working for me. :p

just watched.....this is sooooooo much better. Since i signed up for this edit gotta figure out how to review for you, but will do somewhere in next few days. Only thing i can think of is adding luke after his "see you around kid". id delete al of luke after that, but do get why you did still put it in :)

HI. I just want to ask how I can watch or download this fan edit? :D Because I can't find a link or something to it.
Thanks

@"Darth Draculko"  If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot. More details on our policies, especially our Own the Source rule are available here. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.

I forgot if I mentioned this already, but what is the point of killing Leia off in this fan edit? We ALL know she'll be alive and well in Episode IX!

Editroid said:
I forgot if I mentioned this already, but what is the point of killing Leia off in this fan edit? We ALL know she'll be alive and well in Episode IX!

Because she could potentially be edited out of IX?

Personally I wouldn't have made that choice myself, and if I was going to I'd probably have waited for IX to come out to be sure it would be doable, but not everyone wants the same thing from these movies.

Editroid said:
I forgot if I mentioned this already, but what is the point of killing Leia off in this fan edit? 

Did you actually see her die in my cut?

Editroid said:
We ALL know she'll be alive and well in Episode IX!

We do? Let's wait for the actual movie to come out first shall we? ;)

Back
Top Bottom