• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

STAR WARS: Last Jedi - Anti-Cringe-Cut

theforce said:
We can say the same about Stars theory channel about monetization....Although the Vadar Fan film...which was EXCELLENT and was not monetized...he is promoting his merchandise indirectly on his YouTube channel...Lucasfilm doesn't have an issue with that. Same with Ivan, or else they would have shut him down. Anyways topic for another thread and I don't want to derail Don's thread by going off topic.  So i apologize. PM me if you disagree.

Discussions regarding content that violates our rules is not permitted. We've outlined this regarding the referenced edit. If anyone has question regarding the violation that is monetizing of copyrighted work PM staff. Thanks

I think this edit seriously needs an update to make it fucking perfect. (spoilers)

the scene where kylo almost shoots leia could be changed so that it looks like he is the actual trigger man. just reverse the "thumbs off the trigger" shot and trim the two other ships seen doing the firing. it would look like kylo shoots two missiles by himself. maybe not quite that simple but hey, that would be a good way to steer the unlikable, whining emo into more of a bad ass menacing fuck. my grindhouse nerd boner would totally love it.

it HAS to be done, hopefully by you because it would fit this edit the best. please show your support, everybody, if you like this idea! if not, would it be alright if someone would use your edit as a base to do it?

pahakokki said:
I think this edit seriously needs an update to make it fucking perfect. (spoilers)

the scene where kylo almost shoots leia could be changed so that it looks like he is the actual trigger man. just reverse the "thumbs off the trigger" shot and trim the two other ships seen doing the firing. it would look like kylo shoots two missiles by himself. maybe not quite that simple but hey, that would be a good way to steer the unlikable, whining emo into more of a bad ass menacing fuck. my grindhouse nerd boner would totally love it.

it HAS to be done, hopefully by you because it would fit this edit the best. please show your support, everybody, if you like this idea! if not, would it be alright if someone would use your edit as a base to do it?

Currently I'm waiting to see what Episode IX does with Luke, Leia and Kylo. All of your feedback (in this forum and the reviews) is not lost on me though. Patience... ;)

DonKamillo said:
Currently I'm waiting to see what Episode IX does with Luke, Leia and Kylo. All of your feedback (in this forum and the reviews) is not lost on me though. Patience... ;)

sorry, got excited  :angel:

wilhelm scream said:
Any chance for a Force Awakens Anti-Cringe Cut?

using the restructured fanedit from hal9000 as a base?

if this happens please remove the stormtrooper vs. finn w/lightsaber fight. silly highly elaborate tech to counter a simple saber.

Seems to me that a lightsaber is way higher tech than whatever that baton thing was.

I hate the whole salt planet ending, I wish it could be deleted completely.

Why not work on your own edit then?

Not sure why you felt the need to bump this thread for that.

Hmmm I see that the intention in the OP was to get this on fanedit.info, but it seems this is entirely absent from that site.  :s

@"taurus" requesting an edit outside of a PM or the Trades and Requests forum is not allowed.  Please do not continue to do so.

One question I've had on my mind for a while: since the version I have of TLJ ACC goes out of synch in the last act, was this issue fixed for a previous version or will it be fixed for the upcoming alternate ending one?

Canon Editor said:
One question I've had on my mind for a while: since the version I have of TLJ ACC goes out of synch in the last act, was this issue fixed for a previous version or will it be fixed for the upcoming alternate ending one?

@"DonKamillo" was this never fixed?

DigModiFicaTion said:
Canon Editor said:

@"DonKamillo" was this never fixed?

@"Canon Editor", I've deleted my old PMs because my mailbox was full so I don't know when exactly you requested my edit, but the audio issues were fixed a long time ago.

As you already noticed however there's an alternate ending now, which I'm planning to release as the "Definitive Anti Cringe Cut" together with my TRoS edit ;)

Alright! Yes, it was just out of curiosity! Thanks for the info... looking forward to both!

Still can't get over Rey hitting Luke Skywalker, of all people, on the head from behind. Wish I'd never seen it.

appmaster said:
Still can't get over Rey hitting Luke Skywalker, of all people, on the head from behind. Wish I'd never seen it.

Revenge for hitting her with that fern leaf thingy  ;)

The Definitive ACC is rendered and I'm happy with how it turned out. 

List of changes/additions:
  • New Anti Cringe intro with a red lightsaber. That way you can immediately tell which version you're watching. I'm sticking to the colors of the trilogy titles, so TRoS stays blue, this one is red and if there's an ACC for TFA it will be green.
  • Removed "The Anti-Cringe Cut" from the crawl text for a more immersive experience ;)
  • Reencoded the bonus material so the quality of the deleted scenes, I put in, is much better and the transition between original movie and the extra scenes is more seamless
  • Switched the Stereo and 5.1 Surround track around so the later is now the default audio track
  • There's an alternate ending now :)
  • Added Ian McDiarmid's name to the main credits
Uploading the edit tonight. Those who didn't already and want to check it out can send me a PM now.

I managed to watch this edit yesterday. Excellent work. I will be writing a review very shortly. I have one question regarding a potential plot hole. How does Rey track the homing beacon at the end of the film if Leia had it with her when she dies? In the theatrical version Finn picks it up when Leia is brought in for medical attention but that sequence has been removed from the Anti-Cringe-Cut.

Thanks Yorick! 

I have a logical and a Disney explanation for your potential plot hole:
  • Rey would check her homing beacon regularly to keep tabs on the Resistance fleet's location. As we know, the fleet did not make any jumps to lightspeed after the intense space chase started so it would not be a big jump to assume that she tracked them to their last known location and from there followed the trail of destruction the First Order left behind
  • She used the force

Back
Top Bottom