• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

STAR WARS: Last Jedi - Anti-Cringe-Cut

Moe_Syzlak said:
jrWHAG42 said:
Moe_Syzlak said:
jrWHAG42 said:
Someone should make an edit just about the Canto Bight stuff as a fun little inconsequential side story to go along with this.

What’s next? A Cringe Supercut?  :p

No, because when it's cringe, it's really cringe and painful. 
I actually liked the Canto Bight stuff for the most part, it was fun, and probably the best aspect of the film. While the focus should indeed be on Luke, Rey, Snoke, and Kylo, and I don't fault your edit, I also haven't seen your edit to see how much it's able to be fixed. If you take the side plot for what it is, however, it works well as a fun side story that over all doesn't matter, but is still nice to have, that would require less editing. 
But maybe I don't know what I'm talking about.

I’ll go with the latter.  :p 

I thought the entirety of the Resostance stuff was cringe worthy. I’m not an editor, but I play one in the Internet. This edit gets a lot right IMO, though. There’s also another edit that never got approved that I quite like.

I'd also like to apologize, I kept saying "your edit" without realizing that you weren't the editor. I suppose that alone is a sign I don't know what I'm talking about.

Hello Everyone :)

FINALLY we were able to watch your cut on last Weekend.

We (Andi, thas me, 50 years old and Martin, my best friend, age 48) hate Last Jedi and tried to watch the "original" on BR for some times, but barely reached the end of the first hour ..and we shut it always down. 

On Saturday I had the pleasure to welcome him as my guest and we watched it on my beamer and 110" Screen.

We watched it from the first to last minute and were more than pleased and satisfied with your twists and cuts, we loved every second of it.
At the end of the film Martin stood up raised his fist and shouted: F*** YOU RIAN JOHNSON! THATS THE WAY IT HAD TO BE!!! .. and he was crying a little bit

THANK YOU FOR THIS UNBELIEVABLE HAPPENING and your Work!

Andi & Martin

chewdog316 said:
Hmm I cant seem to find it on Fan edit. info.  Where do I download it?

Welcome chewdog316,

If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rulespages. More details on our policies, especially our Own the Source rule are available here. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.

Requests are only allowed in the request forum. The first step of requesting is always to PM the editor first. 

IFDB is simply a database. Neither it nor fanedit.org allow links to edits. If you have any questions feel free to PM a staff member. 

Thanks!

A message to all my mates out there who enjoyed this edit (this is going to be a long one folks):

Hey there!

After my forced two-week-hiatus, I wanted to thank you guys for all your feedback via PM, your ratings and reviews and of course for voting for my edit in the recent "FEOTY 2018 Award" poll. A couple of people out there (forum moderators and other users) don't think that the voices of some of you count for anything and even reduce you to being multiple accounts of mine. Just know that I DO appreciate your support.

Maybe you know it, maybe not but there have been some nasty accusations made against me by some Mods and because they decided to post them publicly instead of trying to resolve their perceived issues with me privately, like another Mod suggested (PMs work both ways you know), I feel forced to respond in kind in order to "clear my (user)name" . I don't want to start another discussion in the FEOTY thread and all of this started with the nomination of my edit anyway, so I will post my statement here so it's at least their word against mine.

Let's hope free speech is still a thing here and this post stays up but if I'm going to get banned again for defending myself in a controlled and calm manner, than so be it...

It all started with a PM I wrote to some of you, in which I thanked you for watching my edit and mentioned that there is a poll for FEOTY 2018 and, IF you liked the edit, to consider leaving a vote there. I did NOT write to all of my viewers (as some of my accusers seem to think) as I have more important things to do in life, than writing hundreds of PMs.
Most of the viewers of my edit weren't really active on this forum and the poll was not easy to spot, as it wasn't on display on the starting page like it is the case with the FEOTM polls for example. I also thought, that a poll for "Fanedit of the Year" deserved more participants than the usual community poll. That's why I personally found it reasonable to point the people, who at least had seen one of the nominated edits, to this poll and leave it up to you guys to vote or not. Some of you replied to me, that they were not sure who to vote for because they liked more than one edit, to which my answer was to just vote for the edit they liked best. "The more participants, the better" I thought.

Apparently a few people did like my edit more than I expected, because they not only voted for it in the poll but left some praising messages in the thread too. This didn't sit well with some users and mods though and they started accusing me of foul play and removing votes of users they deemed "not worthy" to vote (based on a specific set of rules, they didn't want to disclose).

If they would've banned me then and there for "campaigning for my edit" as they started to call it, it would've still been a big overreaction in my opinion but I still would've let it go. However that wasn't the reason they (publicly) gave for the ban and that's why I'm not going to stand idly by, while they throw all kinds of ridiculous accusations at me.

Now typically when you accuse somebody of deceptive and/or fraudulent behaviour, you should present at least some evidence supporting you.
So if somebody for example wants to publicly accuse me of creating socks, begging for votes, getting my friends, relatives or other random people to sign up to this website just to inflate my vote tallies or whatever other fraudulent activity they can think of, without presenting a lick of evidence, it begs the question of what exactly they are trying to achieve with this character assassination attempt of theirs and what the thinking process behind it looked like.
To me it looked a lot like "Alright, we can't ban him for recently updated rules he retroactively broke, so let's throw some other random stuff at him and see what sticks..."

Setting aside that it would be utterly ridiculous to go through all the trouble for a friggin community poll and laughable to do it in such a stupid and suspicious manner (working in IT myself, I know what I'm talking about) and that I would have to be a clairvoyant to be able to create accounts months or years before I even thought about making a fanedit, just to win a poll someday (that's the last thing I would use that power for ^^)... again: without presenting definitive evidence against me to support all those ridiculous claims, it's all nothing but hot virtual air...

You won't see them presenting any clear evidence though. For one thing they can't because the people out there who voted for me and I know, that those claims are simply not true and secondly, why should they? They own this site so they can say and do whatever they want, right?

They can for example make fun of me or label me a conspiracy nut that believes everybody is out to get him or try to intimidate me or they can even ban me for two weeks and instead of giving me some evidence why, send me charming messages like this one:

The only thing that's gonna do is diminish my respect for them (not that they care).

Everybody can read my posts in this forum. If you do, you'll quickly notice the behavioural patterns of some of the users that can't stand me just because I don't share some of their views and you can decide for yourself who behaves agressively and rude and who doesn't.

It's kinda sad, that even in a place like this, grown adults cannot resolve their issues in a respectful manner anymore and that some people here think they have to resort to that kind of immature behaviour, while simultaneously preaching to everybody else that they "do not tolerate bad behavior", that "this is a pleasant community" and that "there is no room for hatred or bigotry" on this website. They even publish articles about "sensible posting" and then go around patting themselves on the back for getting rid of a guy, that challenged their views in a discussion about fanedit polls. In the end I guess it's easier to shut a guy up by banning him, than to respectfully argue your views and maybe learn to agree to disagree if the discussion is going in circles.

Well, I can't do anything about all of that folks, and I'm just not the type of guy who apologizes for stating his informed opinion or constantly sucks up to an aggressive mod to stay "on their good side" like some other people here tend to. Nobody deserves any attention or respect for being a bully, certainly not mine and that's why after posting this I'll try to stay away from confrontations with people like that and the negativity that comes with it. It's not worth it, especially if they have Admin privileges and can do whatever they want on this site (for example change the voting results in a poll or censor/delete this post if they don't like what they're reading).

Instead I'll focus on the positive side of this and will continue to reply to all the feedback, link requests and PMs regarding my edit, that are still coming in from all over the world. If some of you did not get a reply, just PM me again. I had to delete PMs because my inbox was getting full and I have a life too but I'll try to check my PMs regularly. I appreciate the emails and link requests I got, during my time out and even two reviews were posted during that time (you're all awesome!).

All I can say is thanks for watching and for keeping my fanediting-spirits up. Big thanks to the 16 people (that I know of) who voted for me, even bigger thanks to the 46 reviewers and special thanks to @takeshikovacs, @gerkildare, @Angeldark92, @WEDway1975, @jparker800 and @KoDomino for expressing their positive opinion of my edit a tad too enthusiastically for some of the Staff here. I had a smile on my face reading your posts and, to be honest, the puzzled reactions of the forum regulars were kinda hilarious too ^^.

Hopefully all of you can look forward to another Anti-Cringe-Cut next year when if JJ delivers a cringefest in December.

And I promise: If one of my potential future edits should happen to end up in a FEOTY poll again, I will refrain from informing you about it via PM (even if the poll is buried somewhere in the depths of this forum) because the important people here deemed that behaviour to be "deceptive". Obviously I don't agree but I will obide by the recently updated rules. Also we wouldn't want to impose on the "lighthearted celebration" of the forum elite anymore. 😪

And finally to all the other people that are fans of Star Wars, fans of fanedits or just curious about THE fanedit, that started the "Infamous FEOTY 2018 Award Fiasco" :), just send me a PM and I'll get back to you (provided you own the source and all that of course).

Cheers!

Last edited:
Wow.  Quite a lot to unpack there.  I'll just start with what actually happened in the thread.

TVs Frink said:
@"DonKamillo" what exactly is going on here?

This was my question to you.  Why were people we never heard of, who had no posts previously (or one or two at most), suddenly showing up and not only voting, but praising with their first (or second or third) post?  We were immediately suspicious and I think most people here understand why.

Your response:

DonKamillo said:
What exactly are you getting at Frink?

Instead of being rude, maybe you could fill the people here in on the criteria one has to fullfill to be able to give a vote in a fanedit poll so there are no misunderstandings.

Otherwise one might get the idea that there's some censorship going on here...

1) You could have explained what was happening, but instead you dodged the question and played the victim, which made us even more suspicious.

2) Q2 answered the criteria question

Q2 said:
In the past, faneditors have been known to enlist their friends/roommates/etc. to login and vote after which they're never to be seen again. Because of this we've added multiple criteria a user needs to meet prior to voting. I'm not going to list them here because then said users will just do what they can to circumvent them. The polls are meant for people who are active on the site, either by participating or in the very least visiting and lurking and general fans of fanedits. They are not meant for faneditors to get their friends to just jump on, vote, and never come back. That's not in the spirit of the fanedit awards.

FWIW votes were removed not because we were sure they were coming from your socks (in fact, it seemed unlikely for some, based on their join dates), but because they failed to meet the requirements of voting in the poll.  As I said later, we removed some additional votes in other contests that also did not meet the requirements and had nothing to do with you, your edit, or this particular vote.

3) Immediately crying about censorship (instead of answering the question posed to you) only made things worse.  We removed votes for the reasons stated, not because we're censoring anyone.  All of those members who had votes removed are welcome to stick around and contribute to the community.  And then they can vote freely in future contests.

You were given another chance to explain what was going on.

TVs Frink said:
Wow.

So we are currently discussing how to handle this, but your post didn't help matters.  If you want this to blow over, you might stop playing dumb, and instead immediately explain why a bunch of people with no posts here are suddenly all posting to tell everyone how good your edit is.

You posted twice in response to Q2's post on voting criteria, but you ignored me.  So I posted again.

TVs Frink said:
I'm accusing him.

I ask him what is going on.  Why are users with no or almost no posts suddenly all either voting or posting about the edit?  All I got was complaints that I was being rude and trying to censor these people somehow.

I'm still waiting for an answer.  And the longer it takes to get the correct answer, the worse it's gonna get.

FINALLY you answer.

DonKamillo said:
The answer is simple: 
- People were looking for a fanedit of The Last Jedi 
- People discovered my edit on this site
- People asked me for links to watch it
- People got links and were asked to leave some feedback after watching and consider voting for it, IF they liked it
- People watched it
- People liked it
- People voted for it
THE END

I didn't sleep with/hire/force/pay anyone to vote for me so I'm sorry to disappoint, if that's something you expected to hear.  :sleepy:

It took way too long to get an answer out of you.  And the more you dodged, the more suspicious it looked.

(To be continued)

TVs Frink said:
I'll just start with what actually happened in the thread.

Seeing as... 
  • ...you're quoting me out of context
  • ...I linked to the FEOTY thread in the first paragraph of my post already so everybody can read the full posts in chronological order there
  • ...you're not really providing any new information or evidence from the mod side of things
...your response adds nothing to what happened except for restarting a pointless discussion, that was already "settled" by the FE Staff.

Your explanation of "what actually happened" can be summarized as:
  1. I blast you with a general accusatory question and you didn't answer
  2. I demand that you explain what other people are posting (instead of asking them directly) and you didn't answer
  3. I finally formulate a specific question directed at you (with a threat tacked on) and finally you answer
...when you could've started with calmly asking your question from point 3 (minus the threatening undertone) and immediately gotten an answer. What you describe as "dodging" is me refusing to respond to a person that is talking to me like I'm some kind of evil mastermind. 

TVs Frink said:
(To be continued)

If you are neither willing to admit that your posts could've been a tad more sensible nor have anything of substance to add, I'd suggest to leave what happened behind us and save yourself the hassle of a follow up.

Don you are correct that anyone can go back and read the thread and see exactly what happened.  I merely summarized it all (with input from the rest of the staff prior to posting it, by the way) in response to your "look at me and how mistreated I was" post.  With that said, this will be my last post on the subject.  I'm happy to move on and I suggest you do the same.  

Oh, and if you don't move on, and insist on using your project thread as a "bitch about the staff" thread, we can certainly lock it for you.

pwL6qgl_RjM3dmA5oQSR9l_t9hc=.gif

[font=Raleway, sans-serif]I truly loved this edit.  The ending is exactly how it should have been and this is what I imagined it should have been when I left the theater when i fist saw TLJ. Don't change it!!!  LOL[/font]

[font=Raleway, sans-serif]i have no criticisms, but here are some improvements/suggestions if you ever are going to release a version 2, here are my 1 cents worth that would be cool.[/font]

[font=Raleway, sans-serif]1. At the 40th minute (40:20), it would be cool if the next scene cut to the "hall of mirrors" (around 53:50) and mute all her dialogue and let the scene continue until 55:56 and then you cut back to 40:22 where Luke says to her "you went straight to the dark"...this would parallel nicely with Lukes encounter with Vadar in episode 5 when he saw his own face in vadars mask.  Rey saw her reflection in the the underground cave, suggestion a reflection of potential darkness....and luke says that she didn't even resist.  For me the whole, my parent dialogue doesn't work in the cave but I guess it could be left in suggesting maybe she is willing to use the dark side to get her answers about who her parents are...kind of like "selling ones soul" to get answers. Either one would work. [/font]

[font=Raleway, sans-serif]2. If you follow point number 1, that cave scene has to be removed from 53:23.  So basically keep the scene from 51:12  to 53:20 and then jump to 56:11 to make the scene more seamless.[/font]

[font=Raleway, sans-serif]3. Now this would be cool to pull off like Ivan Ortega. I like the idea of a training montage like Ivan did and I wonder if point 1 and 2 are edited in...then you would have to be creative with what remains ...but I think this movie really need that to make Rey training much more believable and powerful from my point of view:[/font]

[font=Raleway, sans-serif]Here is the montage that i like and you can get some idea to incorporate it into your cut. I mean using Reys light saber scene and the scene when she fights Luke.[/font]

[font=Raleway, sans-serif]https://youtu.be/j8ankRpDiXA?t=399[/font]

[font=Raleway, sans-serif]4. The scene where Luke give the saber back to Rey and Luke saying "I am sorry", is equally as effective as Ivan's version to[/font]

[font=Raleway, sans-serif]5. 1:32:43...nothing major...but lea is in the wide shot if you look real hard..lol...no a deal breaker.[/font]

[font=Raleway, sans-serif]6. Overall theme, if it could be done...Show luke [/font]

[font=.SF UI Text][font=.SFUIText]I truly loved this edit.  The ending is exactly how it should have been and this is what I imagined it should have been when I left the theater when i fist saw TLJ. Don't change it!!!  LOL[/font][/font]

[font=.SF UI Text][font=.SFUIText]i have no criticisms, but here are some improvements/suggestions if you ever are going to release a version 2, here are my 1 cents worth that would be cool.[/font][/font]

[font=.SF UI Text][font=.SFUIText]1. At the 40th minute (40:20), it would be cool if the next scene cut to the "hall of mirrors" (around 53:50) and mute all her dialogue and let the scene continue until 55:56 and then you cut back to 40:22 where Luke says to her "you went straight to the dark"...this would parallel nicely with Lukes encounter with Vadar in episode 5 when he saw his own face in vadars mask.  Rey saw her reflection in the the underground cave, suggestion a reflection of potential darkness....and luke says that she didn't even resist.  For me the whole, my parent dialogue doesn't work in the cave but I guess it could be left in suggesting maybe she is willing to use the dark side to get her answers about who her parents are...kind of like "selling ones soul" to get answers. Either one would work. [/font][/font]

[font=.SF UI Text][font=.SFUIText]2. If you follow point number 1, that cave scene has to be removed from 53:23.  So basically keep the scene from 51:12  to 53:20 and then jump to 56:11 to make the scene more seamless.[/font][/font]

[font=.SF UI Text][font=.SFUIText]3. Now this would be cool to pull off like Ivan Ortega. I like the idea of a training montage like Ivan did and I wonder if point 1 and 2 are edited in...then you would have to be creative with what remains ...but I think this movie really need that to make Rey training much more believable and powerful from my point of view:[/font][/font]

[font=.SF UI Text][font=.SFUIText]Here is the montage that i like and you can get some idea to incorporate it into your cut. I mean using Reys light saber scene and the scen when she fights Luke.[/font][/font]

[font=.SF UI Text][font=.SFUIText]
[/font]
[/font]

[font=.SF UI Text][font=.SFUIText]4. The scene where Luke give the saber back to Rey and Luke saying "I am sorry", is equally as effective as Ivan's version to:[/font][/font]

[font=.SF UI Text][font=.SFUIText]
[/font]
[/font]

[font=.SF UI Text][font=.SFUIText]5. 1:32:43...nothing major...but lea is in the wide shot if you look real hard..lol...no a deal breaker.[/font][/font]

[font=.SF UI Text][font=.SFUIText]6. Overall theme, if it could be done...Show luke more as a fallen Jedi rather than "I am hear to die" on the island.  Maybe that dialogue can be removed.  But i guess your ending shows his redemption.  Its a toss up for me.[/font][/font]

[font=.SF UI Text][font=.SFUIText]Conclusion, outstanding Edit !!!![/font][/font]

[font=Raleway, sans-serif]I truly loved this edit.  The ending is exactly how it should have been and this is what I imagined it should have been when I left the theater when i fist saw TLJ. Don't change it!!!  LOL[/font]

[font=Raleway, sans-serif]i have no criticisms, but here are some improvements/suggestions if you ever are going to release a version 2, here are my 1 cents worth that would be cool.[/font]

[font=Raleway, sans-serif]1. At the 40th minute (40:20), it would be cool if the next scene cut to the "hall of mirrors" (around 53:50) and mute all her dialogue and let the scene continue until 55:56 and then you cut back to 40:22 where Luke says to her "you went straight to the dark"...this would parallel nicely with Lukes encounter with Vadar in episode 5 when he saw his own face in vadars mask.  Rey saw her reflection in the the underground cave, suggestion a reflection of potential darkness....and luke says that she didn't even resist.  For me the whole, my parent dialogue doesn't work in the cave but I guess it could be left in suggesting maybe she is willing to use the dark side to get her answers about who her parents are...kind of like "selling ones soul" to get answers. Either one would work. [/font]

[font=Raleway, sans-serif]2. If you follow point number 1, that cave scene has to be removed from 53:23.  So basically keep the scene from 51:12  to 53:20 and then jump to 56:11 to make the scene more seamless.[/font]

[font=Raleway, sans-serif]3. Now this would be cool to pull off like Ivan Ortega. I like the idea of a training montage like Ivan did and I wonder if point 1 and 2 are edited in...then you would have to be creative with what remains ...but I think this movie really need that to make Rey training much more believable and powerful from my point of view:[/font]

[font=Raleway, sans-serif]Here is the montage that i like and you can get some idea to incorporate it into your cut. I mean using Reys light saber scene and the scene when she fights Luke.[/font]

[font=Raleway, sans-serif]https://youtu.be/j8ankRpDiXA?t=399[/font]

[font=Raleway, sans-serif]4. The scene where Luke give the saber back to Rey and Luke saying "I am sorry", is equally as effective as Ivan's version to.[/font]

[font=Raleway, sans-serif]5. 1:32:43...nothing major...but lea is in the wide shot if you look real hard..lol...no a deal breaker.[/font]

[font=Raleway, sans-serif]6. Overall theme, if it could be done...Show luke more as a fallen Jedi rather than "I am hear to die" on the island.  Maybe that dialogue can be removed.  But i guess your ending shows his redemption.  Its a toss up for me.[/font]

[font=Raleway, sans-serif]Conclusion, outstanding Edit !!!![/font]

I truly loved this edit.  The ending is exactly how it should have been and this is what I imagined it should have been when I left the theater when i fist saw TLJ. Don't change it!!!  LOL

i have no criticisms, but here are some improvements/suggestions if you ever are going to release a version 2, here are my 1 cents worth that would be cool.

1. At the 40th minute (40:20), it would be cool if the next scene cut to the "hall of mirrors" (around 53:50) and mute all her dialogue and let the scene continue until 55:56 and then you cut back to 40:22 where Luke says to her "you went straight to the dark"...this would parallel nicely with Luke's encounter with Vader in episode 5 when he saw his own face in Vadars mask.  Rey saw her reflection in the the underground cave, suggestion a reflection of potential darkness....and Luke says that she didn't even resist.  For me the whole, my parent dialogue doesn't work in the cave but I guess it could be left in suggesting maybe she is willing to use the dark side to get her answers about who her parents are...kind of like "selling ones soul" to get answers. Either one would work.

2. If you follow point number 1, that cave scene has to be removed from 53:23.  So basically keep the scene from 51:12  to 53:20 and then jump to 56:11 to make the scene more seamless.

3. Now this would be cool to pull off like Ivan Ortega. I like the idea of a training montage like Ivan did and I wonder if point 1 and 2 are edited in...then you would have to be creative with what remains ...but I think this movie really need that to make Rey training much more believable and powerful from my point of view:

Here is the montage that i like and you can get some idea to incorporate it into your cut. I mean using Rey's light saber scene and the scene when she fights Luke.

Rey Actually Trains! (Rey's Training Fixed!!! Part 02)

4. The scene where Luke give the saber back to Rey and Luke saying "I am sorry", is equally as effective as Ivan's version to.

Luke Tosses His Saber- FIXED!!!

5. 1:32:43...nothing major...but lea is in the wide shot if you look real hard..lol...no a deal breaker.

6. Overall theme, if it could be done...Show Luke more as a fallen Jedi rather than "I am hear to die" on the island.  Maybe that dialogue can be removed.  But i guess your ending shows his redemption.  Its a toss up for me.

Conclusion, outstanding Edit !!!!

Bobson Dugnutt said:
theforce said:
 Now this would be cool to pull off like Ivan Ortega

giphy.gif

I respectfully disagree. This Thread is not about Ivan, my review was a comparison/suggestion and referencing another editors ideas that can be used as inspiration.
DonKamillo has done a fabulous edit and I commend him for his creativity.  I have been waiting for an edit like this for a long time which makes TLJ more enjoyable to watch than the original train wreck Episode 8 was.

Just like the Phantom Editor did with The Phantom Menace....cut down a film to its core and see if its still coherent.....and like when i first saw it...Canto bight was a useless subplot not needed when that 45 minutes could have used much more efficiently to develop Rey/Kylo/Snoke and LUKE!  I am glad that whole subplot was removed in this edit because it only detracted from the movie.

theforce said:
I respectfully disagree. This Thread is not about Ivan, my review was a comparison/suggestion and referencing another editors ideas that can be used as inspiration.

Correct, this thread is not about Ivan. I was just expressing my dislike of him. Although he has some good ideas that could be used in other edits, his monetisation of his editing content and his toxic attitude towards some of the people behind the film are some factors that I really hate. 

But to get back to Don's edit, I'm sure his edit is great at getting down to the meat of the film from what I hear from the many, many new users who excitingly share praise for the edit.

Bobson Dugnutt said:
I'm sure his edit is great at getting down to the meat of the film from what I hear from the many, many new users who excitingly share praise for the edit.

Don't forget the users that got so excited, they made me posters ;)

Bobson Dugnutt said:
I hope you don't mind, but I made a simple poster for your edit that you might like

full

I'm open to criticisms

*sigh* the good old times... 😪

Last edited:
Bobson Dugnutt said:
theforce said:

Correct, this thread is not about Ivan. I was just expressing my dislike of him. Although he has some good ideas that could be used in other edits, his monetisation of his editing content and his toxic attitude towards some of the people behind the film are some factors that I really hate. 

But to get back to Don's edit, I'm sure his edit is great at getting down to the meat of the film from what I hear from the many, many new users who excitingly share praise for the edit.

We can say the same about Stars theory channel about monetization....Although the Vadar Fan film...which was EXCELLENT and was not monetized...he is promoting his merchandise indirectly on his YouTube channel...Lucasfilm doesn't have an issue with that. Same with Ivan, or else they would have shut him down. Anyways topic for another thread and I don't want to derail Don's thread by going off topic.  So i apologize. PM me if you disagree.

I really liked Dons edit...its impressive. It still don't like the original TLJ as a movie, but Dons edit made it enjoyable to watch. I haven't felt this way about a Fan edit since The Phantom Editor and L8wtr's trilogy.

Don any version 2 in the works?? LOL

For those who have seen it, what do you think about this idea:

1. At the 40th minute (40:20), it would be cool if the next scene cut to the "hall of mirrors" (around 53:50) and mute all her dialogue and let the scene continue until 55:56 and then you cut back to 40:22 where Luke says to her "you went straight to the dark"...this would parallel nicely with Luke's encounter with Vader in episode 5 when he saw his own face in Vadars mask.  Rey saw her reflection in the the underground cave, suggestion a reflection of potential darkness....and Luke says that she didn't even resist.  For me the whole, my parent dialogue doesn't work in the cave but I guess it could be left in suggesting maybe she is willing to use the dark side to get her answers about who her parents are...kind of like "selling ones soul" to get answers. Either one would work.

For those who haven't i'll do my best to describe as follows:

When Luke is telling Rey to reach out and feel the force....some time later when she see the darness and Luke yells out her name "Rey"...we see her get engulfed with water....what if the next shot is Rey in the Hall of Mirrors scene....and then the moment she wipe the glass looking wall and sees her reflection its cuts back to her on the rock gasping all wet?

Back
Top Bottom