• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Vote now in wave 1 of the FEOTM Reboot!

Spider-Man: Homecoming (No Spoilers)

So, I'd be lying if I didn't say that this was a LITTLE neat:

Also, a neat little article:http://www.escapistmagazine.com/art...-Man-Belongs-In-The-Marvel-Cinematic-Universe

It does bring up a good point, where that while I'm excited for Spider-Man showing up in the MCU, the average movie-goers might not be, and even some people on this forum are ambivalent about how it's going to proceed.

That being said, I need to get some friend together and put that version of the 60s Spider-Man song at the article's beginning on youtube.

Oh for ****'s sake. First Marvel/Disney make The Spectcaular Spider-Man end abruptly (the best anything that was created based on Spidey),and now The Amazing series (and in my opinion Amazing 1 is a much superior origin story movie in comparison to Raimi's, even though I really like that one too, and Amazing 2 was pretty awesome even if somewhat bloated) too. >_<

ErikPancakes said:
Yeah, I'm not too sure why everyone seems to think recast/reboot requires another origin story movie. Everybody knows Parker's origins, and Feige knows this. He won't let Sony waste another movie on that.

I'm worried because Sony has already shown a lack of good judgment in this area, and they're still involved this time. In ASM, Sony already had a chance to get through the origin as quickly as possible, and instead they made nearly the whole movie a pointless remake of '02 Spider-Man.

Good point about Feige, though. I hope he reins Sony in.

My opinion is of the "Can't be worse than the ASM series" type. As a staunch hater of that series, I'm honestly fine with whatever they do with this as long as it's not a third one of those.

What's interesting here is that Spidey will probably solve the issue of MCU losing a lot of it's big stars fairly soon. They won't have Iron Man and Captain America to depend on for very much longer, so if they can establish this new Spider-Man in a way that is popular, they have a sort of Tony Stark replacement ready to go.

But that's only if they can make it work. Each Spider-Man film has grossed less than the one prior, even with inflation taken into account, which is incredibly strange for a series about a character that's assumedly as popular as Spidey. I think the problem becomes that there's really only so much that can be done with Spider-Man and his set of powers. Every action scene from every Spider-Man movie looks kind of the same, and it gets boring after a while. The exception of course is Spider-Man 2, which is wonderful and features that fantastic train sequence as well as other creative uses of his powers (the car crashing through the coffee shop window).

spence said:
I think the problem becomes that there's really only so much that can be done with Spider-Man and his set of powers.

As a long-time follower of Spider-Man, I think there have been a lot of great stories over the years -- not only individual episodes, but long-running series as well. I think that there's a ton of stuff that can be adapted (or partially adapted well).

spence said:
The exception of course is Spider-Man 2, which is wonderful

I know I say this every time, but I will never understand the love for this film. I'm glad you like it, but it is so not what I want any other Spider-Man film to be. :)

TomH1138 said:
I will never understand the love for Spider-Man 2. It is so not what I want any other Spider-Man film to be. :)

Agreed, I believe it is such an overrated film...

Zarius said:
Sony are maintaining creative control. Arad will still produce.

Malibu Stacy. New hat.

+1 for fantastic Simpsons reference.

I honestly don't understand how anybody could even remotely consider Spider-Man 2 not the absolute inarguable best of the films so far. I've always been bewildered by the backlash. I will also say I'm not terribly passionate about this opinion, as being the best Spider-Man movie is kind of like being the tallest Hobbit. You might be taller than the rest of them, but yo ass is still short.

I would love to see Marvel really take Spidey to the next level, but who knows. Hearing that Avi Arad is still involved is troubling, as he's what's known in the industry as a "doody faced poop head."

spence said:
II will also say I'm not terribly passionate about this opinion, as being the best Spider-Man movie is kind of like being the tallest Hobbit. You might be taller than the rest of them, but yo ass is still short.

Ha! Well said. :)

I can get into my specific reasons why I dislike this one if you really want me to, but I've ranted about it before, and I don't want to weary everyone by going through it again.

Also, I have failed to bring anyone around to my way of thinking. I have two close friends who I passionately explained my reasoning to. They came back to me a few weeks later and said, "I re-watched the movie after listening to your criticisms... and I still really like the movie." LOL! Oh, well.

And like you said, none of them has quite gotten it right.

HABEMOS SPIDER-MAN!!!!

14_jpg_width_500.jpg

^ Yeah, I still love my ASM1 and make no apologies about it, but the moment I learned they actually shot a scene with Richard Parker showing up alive at the end of 2, I lost all confidence in that team, and nothing we've heard since has shown me wrong. Oy.

A fan film featuring the Miles Morales Spider-Man....

I thought it was really well done.

Back
Top Bottom