• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

Spider-Man: Homecoming (No Spoilers)

Would any Canadian forum members like a Movies Anywhere Digital HD code for this movie? I acquired it in a game of chance, but it isn't working with my US account. First to PM me wins. :)

Masirimso17 said:
Anything I didn't mention, I agree with @"hbenthow". It is a decent movie. Overall though, I just felt like this film played it too safe, didn't take enough risks. I even think Spider-Man 3 engages me more than this does, with more interesting character arcs, interactions themes, etc. Granted, Homecoming is overall better than 3 (3 has a lot of things that weigh it down), but my point still stands.

For context, my favorite to least favorite Spider-Man movies are like this:

1. Spider-Man 2 - 9.7/10
  2. Spider-Man - 9.2/10
  3. The Amazing Spider-Man 2 - 9/10
  4. The Amazing Spider-Man - 8/10
  5. Spider-Man: Homecoming - 6.7/10
  6. Spider-Man 3 - 5.8/10
So yeah this is all coming from a guy who loves The Amazing Spider-Man 2 (For good reason!)

Agree on Spidey 3 being more fun
 I liked emo-spidermans dance routine too (let the ridicule begin)

I re-watched this a few days ago (Bobson's edit in point of fact), its a fine edit but the film itself on subsequent viewings now sits at the bottom of the pile of all the spidey-movies for me personally. First time it was fun but forgettable, the second it waned a little further but now I really think its one of the worst in the MCU.  My biggest problem with it apart from the humour being grating and not particularly that funny was the suit.  I'm sure people have bemoaned this before but why oh why did they make Tony stark such an integral part of the movie just to avoid it being an origin story even though it pretty much was anyway. The whole gadget suit thing completely derails the movie for me, it was far too similar to Iron Man with its AI and all that, I'm fine with a few web slingy gadget thingys but it went way over the top in this. I also found the action sequences pretty dull compared to all the other spider-man films and most of ASM2 was pretty forgettable on that score but still better than this.  I didn't have a problem with Tom Holland as Spidey but he just comes across as Spider-boy rather than Spider-man, yes I know the characters like that but I get the feeling hes turning into 'Scrappy Doo' in this Marvel incarnation. Considering the hoo-ha about Marvel bringing Spidey 'home' its a crying shame the end product just feels very paint by numbers.

Spidey Ranking
1 SM2
2 SM1
Jont 3RD SM3
Jont 3RD ASM
5 ASM2
6 SHC

Funny, movies are a really subjective thing. For me, growing up loving Spidey comics, it annoyed me that the movies were always Spider-MAN not boy. The name is that because it's a high school kid trying to sound older. So, personally I thought this incarnation hit Peter Parker way more than the others. That being said, SM2 is still the best movie for me but this is right behind it. I thought the ASM reboot was the very definition of by the numbers (it hit every SM origin number just like the original). It has flashes of being different and interesting (what's going on with his parents? What's that guy on the bridge have in his briefcase? Is there a larger thing going on here) and then literally drops all of that to play the Spidey origin greatest hits with an inferior actor than the one we'd seen a few years earlier. ASM2 went for something and I appreciate that but it didn't really work for me at all. For me it's SM2, Homecoming, SM, SM3/ASM2 tie then ASM.

thecuddlyninja said:
Funny, movies are a really subjective thing. For me, growing up loving Spidey comics, it annoyed me that the movies were always Spider-MAN not boy. The name is that because it's a high school kid trying to sound older. So, personally I thought this incarnation hit Peter Parker way more than the others. That being said, SM2 is still the best movie for me but this is right behind it. I thought the ASM reboot was the very definition of by the numbers (it hit every SM origin number just like the original). It has flashes of being different and interesting (what's going on with his parents? What's that guy on the bridge have in his briefcase? Is there a larger thing going on here) and then literally drops all of that to play the Spidey origin greatest hits with an inferior actor than the one we'd seen a few years earlier. ASM2 went for something and I appreciate that but it didn't really work for me at all. For me it's SM2, Homecoming, SM, SM3/ASM2 tie then ASM.

I just realized I’m in the No Spoilers thread and my response was super spoilery so I’m just going to reply to this in the spoiler thread.

Back
Top Bottom