• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

Spider-Man: Homecoming (No Spoilers)

Well, then that's good, because then Sony would have nothing afterwards. The Black Cat/Silver Sable  and Venom movies I have no idea if they're something people want. MCU already has Black Widow (there's only one Scarlet Johansson to play fem fettle assassins, after all), and if they want to do something with Venom? Spider-Gwen is very popular today, just give Gwen Stacy the symbiote, have her be Venom for a movie (she wants revenge because she holds Spider-Man responsible for her dad's death), then have her be a superheroine. ;)

Spider-Gwen is popular? Her comic book is consistently at the bottom of the top 100.

Zarius said:
Spider-Gwen is popular? Her comic book is consistently at the bottom of the top 100.

I meant in the sense of "popular enough to get a book." Besides, making her Venom is at least a better story choice than dying.

Agreed.  I really dislike the unnecessary black additions to the new costume design...but this nicely-orchestrated snippet of the memorable old Spidey theme will more than make up for that, if it's either part of the Main Theme (ideally) or heard during the movie itself...rather than merely buried in the End Credits somewhere.  :)

You want to see a bad Spider-Man costume, just look at the new video game.

spider-man-game-ps4.jpg

ImperialFighter said:
Agreed.  I really dislike the unnecessary black additions to the new costume design...but this nicely-orchestrated snippet of the memorable old Spidey theme will more than make up for that, if it's either part of the Main Theme (ideally) or heard during the movie itself...rather than merely buried in the End Credits somewhere.  :)

If you look carefully in Michael Giacchino's video, you can see that there's a screen playing the new Marvel Studios opening logo (for them to play in time to).

Here's a video of the music and the logo combined together. They fit like two pieces of a puzzle.

Well spotted hbenthow, I hadn't noticed that monitor just in front of where he was conducting.  

I think you're right, and it's merely going to be a special cue for the logo beforehand - which is a pity, as I'd hoped that it was going to actually feature in the movie itself.

I'd seen that new Marvel logo for the first time attached to 'Guardians Of The Galaxy 2' recently, and it had this particular music over it - 

I reckon if I hadn't known about this version of the Spidey theme going into see the new movie, that it would have been a pleasant surprise to hear it over that logo first...but now I'm disappointment that it seems unlikely to be in the movie itself. :-/

Still pretty neat though. :D

ImperialFighter said:
I'd seen that new Marvel logo for the first time attached to 'Guardians Of The Galaxy 2' recently, and it had this particular music over it - 

That theme is also composed by Michael Giacchino. Marvel Studios had Brian Tyler compose their first theme back when they were trying to make him their flagship composer. Now that Michael Giacchino is their flagship composer, they had him compose their new theme.

I was thinking... Sam Raimi was inspired by the 60's Spider Man comics and his fourth movie would've had the Vulture be the villain. Homecoming has the 60's theme tune integrated into the score and the main villain is the Vulture. Probably a coincidence, but kinda funny.

Probably not a coincidence… I don’t know.  This seems to be a very different Spider-Man from the one of the Sam Raimi trilogy.

Canon Editor said:
Probably not a coincidence… I don’t know.  This seems to be a very different Spider-Man from the one of the Sam Raimi trilogy.

Oh I know it's a different version, I just thought it was a happy coincidence. Or it could be a mythology gag.

I'm posting an interesting link about the film and the MCU at large, but it contains potential spoilers. So...spoilers.

https://www.comicbookmovie.com/spid...-peter-parker-was-added-to-iron-man-2-a152073 So...that Iron Man 2 scene with the kid is going into a Homecoming edit. Only question is, do you put it at the beginning of the film, or do you insert it after Tony takes the suit back, and Peter needs to work at how he's something without the fancy suit?

Saw this tonight with my daughters. We all loved it. They weren't very big on Spider-Man (I've shown them the Raimi ones) but they both said this was awesome. I give it a solid 5/5. This is more like Ultimate Spider-Man, character-wise as far as I can tell, but of course, tying it into the MCU.

I loved it. It felt like the SpiderMan film I've been waiting for. Very Ferris Bueller, like, in plot and tone.

On real complaints I had:

• The final fight with Vulture ended a bit weak. Would have loved to see more interaction between the two as the fight. I naturally thought the climax would take place at the homecoming dance so I was kinda underwhelmed.
  • Tony's voice over when Peter was trapped under rubble absolutely wasn't needed. It was visually clear what Peter was going through, the voice over felt like it was babying the audience.

This is the 6th major spiderman film and yet it feels completely fresh and unique. They managed to pull off 3 action set pieces that were actually different. As much as I like the ASM films, their action setpieces weren't all that different to Raimi's trilogy except ASM had less imaginative camerawork.

The villain is probably the best villain in the MCU films since Loki, and best villain in the MCU since Killgrave.

There was one moment I thought "Jesus, they're not doing a sky beam again are they?" But it was only a brief visual similarity. Phew :p

Absolutely worth the price of admission, would watch again.

I wanna see it in 2D next time. It was only available in 3D these first nights, so I'm gonna treat myself asap. It had too many dark scenes for the 3D to shine, but it does have one scene where the 3D really pays off, not sure if it works as well in 2D actually. 

The vertigo scene on top of the monument in Washington DC was intensified by the 3D depth.

I wouldn't change this movie too much. Like @"Zamros"  suggested, cut out the voiceover, and maybe replace the end titles song with the Ramones' cover Spider Man theme. No real reason, just thought it would be a nice touch.

As for @"Nic"'s suggestion, I don't really think there's a place to put it. I guess maybe it could replace the original opening where Adrian Toomes assembled his team, but then there's the question of where to put THAT scene.

Back
Top Bottom