• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

Smudger 9's Clone Wars Movie Series: Episodes I, II, III, IV and V

Do the Yoda lightsaber fights still exist in these fanedits? (I own all of the Clone Wars but I haven't seen them yet, so I know if there's a lot of them or not)

Masirimso17 said:
Do the Yoda lightsaber fights still exist in these fanedits? (I own all of the Clone Wars but I haven't seen them yet, so I know if there's a lot of them or not)

The only one I can recall is in the first episode, which is not included in any of my edits.

So... Yoda's lightsaber in The Clone Wars appears in Ambush (which is not included in your edits), Lightsaber Lost (at the end where he teaches the Younglings like in AOTC), The Zillo Beast Strikes Back (Yoda and Aayla Secura fight/distract the Zillo beast), The Gathering (he shows his lightsaber to the Younglings as an example for them to build one) and Sacrifice (before he enters a temple (easy to remove) and where he and Anakin fight Sidious (without revealing myself with spoilers, I realized that it was an important part of the saga, so I don't know what you'll do with that.

Also does Chewbacca, Younglings, Midichlorians and the "Chosen One" prophecy still exist and if they do are you planning to cut them?

Ambush, Lightsaber Lost and the Zillo Beast Strikes Back will not be included. The Gathering and Sacrifice will be, so his lightsaber will be seen twice, but not in the heat of battle.

Younglings, Chewbacca and the Chosen One will be included. Midichlorians will not.

smudger9 said:
The Gathering and Sacrifice will be included so his lightsaber will be seen twice, but not in the heat of battle.

Younglings, Chewbacca and the Chosen One will be included. Midichlorians will not.

Alright, well I no longer have a problem with Yoda having a lightsaber anymore. I used to have a problem with it before someone explained me his point of view, and his logic was good and I agreed with him and I changed my mind. Many people complain that Yoda having a lightsaber contradicts and destroys his character, and they argue that Yoda represented a character that someone didn't need to be physically strong but strong in the heart to be powerful as shown in the Empire Strikes Back, which is correct. And according to them Yoda having a lightsaber destroys his character because of this. But think about it this way; the lightsaber is no laser sword used with physical strength, the lightsaber is a force weapon used by force wielders. The stronger you are in the force the better you use the lightsaber as well.

Did you play the Knights of the Old Republic games? Well in the second one your Master, Kreia, talks to one of your other companions, Atton, and says "Take the greatest Jedi Knight, strip away the Force, and what remains? They rely on it, depend on it more than they know. Watch as one tries to wield a blaster or a lightsaber, and you will see nothing more than a woman, or a man. A child."

We can easily ignore the blaster part because Jedi don't use blasters anyway, except only on dire situations like at the end of Obi-Wan vs Greavous, which also ends with Obi-Wan saying "So uncivilized." But the important part is the lightsaber part. This time it's the opposite. Other than Jedi and Sith, people are never able to use lightsabers properly, why not? Because you need the Force in order to use the lightsaber, which proves that a lightsaber is more than just a laser sword. That is why in my opinion there is nothing wrong with Yoda having a lightsaber.

This "essay-sized" post may convince you to leave the lightsaber fights, but I don't know. I don't even know if they are good or not in Clone Wars, I only peeked at it to see if Yoda has a lightsaber there because I didn't want any spoilers.

Anyway, I have another question, maybe it's dumb since Darth Maul still exists but I just wanted clarification: Is "Darth" a Sith title in yoir edit or is it gone? I don't mind the Darth title at all and I am neutral towards removing or leaving it.

Thank god Midichlorians are not included (thank you :D ) and due to the fact that The Empire Strikes Back has the revelation that Yoda teached Obi-Wan, the Younglings have to be included in the films. However I and probably many other people would prefer it if you didn't use Chewbacca and the Chosen One, however it's still your fanedit so you be the judge.

I dislike Chewbacca being around before the Original Trilogy due to simple Universe-Shrinking. I hate the fact that they used Chewbacca just to say "Oh look, remember him? Huh? HUH? Please watch us :'(" Same goes for R2 and 3PO but they are basically impossible to remove so no one can do anything about it, no offence at all but Q2's solution didn't work in my opinion because everyone will notice 3PO in III and R2 in all of them when they walk around. Chewbacca on the other hand was easy to remove from III as seen in HAL9000's edit because he wasn't a reccuring character, which makes me wonder, is Chewbacca an important character in Clone Wars? If not, I recommend removing him, but again, it's your edit.

And... Chosen One. I hate this. Who prophecized it, how did they come up with it, what does it exactly say other than "he will bring balance to the force" (HOW?) and most importantly, why those who prophecized the Chosen One prophecy didn't prophecize that before the Chosen One destroys the Sith and saves the galaxy he will be the one who helps the Sith return, help create the Sith Empire and cause the deaths of millions? I think Kal-El and theslime also said a great thing about it:

Kal-El said:
It's just too damn convenient for the Jedi to be at war with Sith, have them crash land on a planet, find the Jedi savior there, and watch the entire Galaxy fall to the brink of ruin because of it. If you look at it that way, they should have left the fucking brat to rot away in his home while Obi-Wan took on the Sith himself, which he did with verve, mind you. Darth Maul parts 1 and 2, anyone? Exactly... Then Yoda takes out Dooku and Palpatine, which also worked fine if he didn't get himself distracted. Who needs Anakin any way?

The main Galaxy around which most of the Star Wars stories revolve has about 180 billion stars with planets that could support life. ONE HUNDRED AND EIGHTY BILLION. Let that sink in. And one ONE of those planets, the Jedi crash land their ship and happen to bump into Anakin at the same time? That's not a prophecy, midi-chlorians, karma, or anything else you'd like to call it. That's dumb Hollywood writing. Everything false into place because otherwise the film doesn't have anywhere to go.

theslime said:
My main issue with the prophecy is the very concept of balance of the force. It sounds nice - unless you actually start thinking about it. If the practitioners of the dark side of the force are in hiding or dead, bringing balance would mean bringing the dark side back. That's what balance means. Why would this ever be a good thing? Interestingly, that's exactly what happens, but unless Lucas's idea was for the Jedi to look like morons, I'm not sure that was the intention. The only way for the prophecy to make sense, is if it's purely a Sith prophecy about the return of the dark side.

I totally agree with these two. However, again, I never saw the Clone Wars so I don't know what role the prophecy has in the show. Personally I would remove them, but once again, it's your edit.

I of course realize that I wrote a HUGE post, and I'm sorry if I seem super picky about Star Wars, I was only curious and I only gave my honest opinion.
smudger9 said:
Ambush, Lightsaber Lost and the Zillo Beast Strikes Back will not be included. The Gathering and Sacrifice will be, so his lightsaber will be seen twice, but not in the heat of battle.

yoshif8tures said:
Any word on Ep2?

Yes, it's almost completed. All that remains is the opening pan shot and a Jedi Council scene that I need to put together. Hopefully it'll be good to go for May 4th.

Here is the in-the-works thread.

http://www.fanedit.org/forums/showt...rs-Movie-Series-Episode-II-under-construction

I had to delay releasing Episode I because I found an audio sync issue on my final viewing that needed to be corrected. I have a streamable version and HD version uploaded and waiting, just finalising the DVD. Should be up next Monday.

Do you still have the "Darth" title in the films, and do you still plan on leaving Chewbacca and the Chosen One and why? I mean no offence of course, and it's your edit so it's your choice. However I just wanted some clarification and I was curious as to why ;)

I am very excited for this series of fanedits!

Darth will be there, as I see no reason to alter it. The chosen one will also remain, because it was one of the main story threads for the PT, and it never bothered me enough to remove it. Chewbacca I've not yet decided on.

Files are all uploaded now, however, JDownloader won't recognise any of my mega.nz links. Has anyone else had this problem. It's driving me up the wall and putting me at risk of missing the Saturday deadline for .info

Also altered my banner to something a little less busy

EP1%20AOTR%20Banner_1.png

Apparently there was a problem with JDownloader and Mega, but they've fixed it now. m4a and DVD ready to go.

The link should be going up on .info today, but if you can't wait that long PM me with your email address and I'll mail the DLC file and Vimeo link.

needles94 said:
I can't find the download link or vimeo link, is it available yet?

It'll be up on .info next week. If you want to see it sooner PM me and I can give you the Vimeo link and password. If you want the DLC PM me your email address.

For the love of god, when you get to the Mandalore episodes, please get rid of the Obi-Wan/Satine Romance.

needles94 said:
I can't find the download link or vimeo link, is it available yet?

Please read the site rules...

If this is your first time here please read Using This Site. It's full of useful information that will get us all off on the right foot. This site has many rules in place to protect itself and its users. Should you ever need a reminder look no further: General Rules and Own the Source Rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to an admin for further details.

Nerdman3000 said:
For the love of god, when you get to the Mandalore episodes, please get rid of the Obi-Wan/Satine Romance.

Wait...

Please tell me they did not name a character after Ewan's love interest in Moulin Rouge, and then have Obi have a romance with her.

Please tell me they didn't do that.

Please.

Sorry, Frink, but that's precisely what happened. Another reason why I can't get on board with all the Clone Wars love.

Nerdman3000 said:

Unfortunately those scenes are probably the best scenes for the Anakin-Obi Wan relationship, so I'm leaving them in. They don't appear til episode 4, so you could just miss that one out, but that means you'll also miss the Geonosis episodes.

I can't find this anywhere. The DLC files on .info are 100% offline. I can't find it on Vimeo.

Back
Top Bottom