• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

Smudger 9's Clone Wars Movie Series: Episodes I, II, III, IV and V

That's a great poster, and it's nice that you designed it in a way that will make all the posters have a strong visual continuity.

....and here is the bluray cover

Episode-I-Blu-Ray-1.jpg

That looks good enough to hang on a wall!

At work right now, so I can't see your clips (I'll watch 'em when I get home), but I'm very interested to see how you managed to fit "Clone Cadets," "Rookies," and "ARC Troopers" into one movie without it feeling choppy.

I'm working on a similar series of movie edits for my brother, and my Ep. I (clocking in at 89 minutes) is "Cat and Mouse," "Hidden Enemy," the Cristophsis scenes from the movie, "Clone Cadets," and the Ryloth scenes from "Supply Lines" (the intent being that my Ep. II will be built around the Ryloth trilogy). I wanted to include "Rookies" and "ARC Troopers," as you have, but I'm saving the former for Ep. II and the latter for Ep. III, since I really couldn't figure out how to wedge them in there with so little passage of time.

(Not trying to steal your thunder by any means. I don't plan on releasing my edits, as they're pretty strongly tailored to my brother's personal preferences - no Boba Fett, no Hutts, no Aurra Sing, Anakin never meets Grievous, etc. - and yours sounds much more comprehensive, so I have no real desire to "compete" with your edits with what is really just a watered-down version of the same thing!)

Hal9000 said:
That looks good enough to hang on a wall!

Thanks Hal! Im really pleased with how the artwork has come out. My big fear for this project was the artwork making the whole thing look very amateur.

Hopefully I can maintain the visual continuity with the other 8 covers to make it look like a set. If you look at the 'spine' part of the Blu Ray image there is a long yellow curve above the title and a subtle grey triangle beneath the PG icon. When all 9 Blu Rays are stacked in order the spines will create a large Clone Wars Logo on top of a faded clone helmet.

I'm away for a week over the holidays so won't have access to my edits on my desktop. However, I'll be taking my laptop in the hope of banging out some more artwork.

Is there a breakdown of approximately which episode blocks are being cut into which movie?

asterixsmeagol said:
Is there a breakdown of approximately which episode blocks are being cut into which movie?

They aren't all finalised yet, but here are the ones that are.

Episode 1: Army of the Republic
Cat and Mouse/Hidden Enemy
Clone Wars Movie (Christophsis scenes only)
Grievous Intrigue
Clone Cadets/Rookies/Arc Troopers

Episode 2: A New Threat
Zillo Beast
Death Trap/R2 Come Home
Cloak of Darkness/Lair of Grievous
Malevolence Trilogy

Episode 3: Rise of the Bounty Hunters
Supply Lines
Ryloth Trilogy
Hostage Crisis
Holocron Trilogy

Episode 4: A Galaxy Divided
Mangalore Trilogy
Geonosis Arc

Episode 6: Dark Side Rising
Nightsisters trilogy
Massacre
Revenge
Brothers

Episode 9: Labyrinth of Evil
Order 66 Arc
Yoda Arc

Thanks. I'm trying to picture the movies while I watch the series. Just finished Season 3.

So, Episode 1 has been viewed by 2 very kind board members. I'm just waiting for the second member to give me his feedback.

In the meantime I've been looking ahead to Episode 2, which has now gone through its third cut.

I've also done the poster

A-New-Threat-Poster.jpg

And the teaser trailer

The full trailer will be released closer to the time.

Very nice. Surprising quote for a kids show.

artwork for Episode 1 now completed

Poster
EP1AOTRPosterSimple.png

Poster with credits
EP1AOTRPoster.png

Bluray (US)
EP1AOTRBlu-RayUSA.png

Bluray (UK)
EP1AOTRBlu-Ray.png

DVD (US)
EP1AOTRDVDUSA.png

DVD (UK)
EP1AOTRDVD.png

asterixsmeagol said:
Pssst that says Janaury 2015.

.....its coming this month..... (Hopefully)!

There have been a couple of errors pointed out to me on the Bluray/DVD covers, so I'll post amended versions shortly.

I REEAAALLY want to see what that spine is going to look like in full! :)

Back
Top Bottom