• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

Post The Trailer Of Your Amazing Fanedit!

I will not say this is a good trailer, in fact it's a pretty terrible trailer. But I had to create a trailer that doesn't spoil any jokes in the original so I just rolled with this silly idea lol.

Last edited:
It's so terrible that it's awesome! It's actually genius for the goal that you have for the edit.
I only I knew how to deepfake lol. Did you notice the white hair on the DK? That's like the most effort I've ever put in a trailer.

Happy Halloween!šŸŽƒ
Now in 4K - FEOTM Winner - Godzilla KOTM The Dramatic Cut

2023 Halloween "Now In 4K" Trailer:

Hope you enjoy the trailer! WEAR HEADPHONES!

Let me know if you'd like to see the edit.

Trailer Music Credits, in order of appearance:

Dark Entity - Covert
Paul Leonard-Morgan - There's Gonna Be A Parade
Pedro Bromfman - Explosion

Last edited:
A little NIN eh @daedal ? I love it. The track is amazing and fits perfectlyšŸ–¤ can't wait to see this cut.

I wish I'd noticed this thread years ago: making good trailers is hard and there are some great examples here!

Frankly, all of my trailers, except for one, are mĆŖh.

The only one I'm happy with is my Eternals: Chronological Cut. It's the only one I made from scratch. Instead of stringing together a bunch of shots from the movie and then trying to smooth the audio, I started with the dialog.
- First I figured out what I wanted to say, not the precise wording but the message.
- Then searched for lines across many sources: the film, extras on the blu-ray, interviews with and promos by the cast, a walk-through of the accompanying game.
- Lined them up, made sure every major character got a line, spliced audio together to create new lines where needed.
- Only then did I add video. Work and rework it until I got it down to exactly 1 minute runtime.
- Adjusted pauses in dialog to fit the visuals (mostly reducing pauses!).
- Overlay music, and add subtitles (which shows who is speaking, and accommodates the sign language shot).

I wish I'd noticed this thread years ago: making good trailers is hard and there are some great examples here!

Frankly, all of my trailers, except for one, are mĆŖh.

The only one I'm happy with is my Eternals: Chronological Cut. It's the only one I made from scratch. Instead of stringing together a bunch of shots from the movie and then trying to smooth the audio, I started with the dialog.
- First I figured out what I wanted to say, not the precise wording but the message.
- Then searched for lines across many sources: the film, extras on the blu-ray, interviews with and promos by the cast, a walk-through of the accompanying game.
- Lined them up, made sure every major character got a line, spliced audio together to create new lines where needed.
- Only then did I add video. Work and rework it until I got it down to exactly 1 minute runtime.
- Adjusted pauses in dialog to fit the visuals (mostly reducing pauses!).
- Overlay music, and add subtitles (which shows who is speaking, and accommodates the sign language shot).

That's one way. It can be much simpler than that.šŸ˜

I worked in television for a bazillion years. Producing local shows, creating trailers and commercials were among my areas of responsibility.

Creating trailers was certainly one of my favorites. I rarely considered it a job.

Last edited:
bart simpson dr. julius m. hibbert GIF

I like this thread. I enjoy getting these glimpses at people's projects! Great work everyone!

My trailer for Two Towers and RotK, which will need to be updated to include Fellowship. But it's still a nice trailer that took quite some time.

Great thread! Some really great trailers in here :)

Here's my 50 second teaser for my Dad Friendly Edition of the "The Mist," where I completely erased the little boy from the film to alleviate the pure parental stress I feel watching this movie haha but don't worry, the ending I made is still extremely messed up.

Back
Top Bottom