• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

Post The Trailer Of Your Amazing Fanedit!

Funnily enough, it looks like @nonamenum0 and I had the same idea when it came to twin peaks, almost like great minds think alike! "Twin peaks the prelude" is another edit which seeks to turn fire walk with me into a more digestible experience, this time with 4 episodes instead of 3. Features about an hours worth of restored footage and some rescoring of a few scenes, I hope my first fan edit proves to be a stepping stone into a time consuming, yet worthwhile hobby 👍
I’m looking forward to seeing it! It is funny that we were working on a similar concept at the same time, but I think it’s cool how people can produce different takes. My edit is finished now!
Is this song in the edit too?

Great work on the trailer @RotundGentleman!

And wasn’t Mr Lynch even involved in that Anthrax song?
A well chosen song Sir!
And a really nice trailer👍
Thanks you! It's my first time making a trailer so I'm glad it's gone well. And you're close about the Twin peaks connection, it was actually angelo bandalamenti who worked on the song playing the synths.

I’m looking forward to seeing it! It is funny that we were working on a similar concept at the same time, but I think it’s cool how people can produce different takes. My edit is finished now!
Is this song in the edit too?
I can't wait to see yours too, it'll be fun to compare any of the differences! Unfortunately the anthrax song isn't in the edit, I wanted to make it consistent with the original series so I chose songs both on the show's soundtrack and the film’s soundtrack.

I can't wait to see yours too, it'll be fun to compare any of the differences! Unfortunately the anthrax song isn't in the edit, I wanted to make it consistent with the original series so I chose songs both on the show's soundtrack and the film’s soundtrack.
It would be cool to do an edit with all metal music

This is the trailer to my edit "Harry Potter and the Tighter Cuts" which cuts the series down to 6 shorter movies. Not supposed to be the definitive, just a fun experiment I thought some would enjoy watching if they'd prefer to watch a shorter, simpler version of the Harry Potter series.

How come we have two topics for trailers now? is it okay to post in both?

I actually made a trailer. I'm surprised because the idea of a trailer always intimidated me but i actually managed to put this together and I like it! I think it works quite well :)

(though I'm thinking maybe it's too much like a trailer for a romcom XD )

Last edited:
This thread is interactive. The other is not. Think of that as part of IFDB and this one as part of the forum in which you can discuss your trailer, get props, give props, give suggestions, etc.
Ive never noticed there was two of those before... Can someone in please link the other thread in response here so we can differentiate them?

The other is new.

How come we have two topics for trailers now? is it okay to post in both?
The original reason was that this thread often results in congratulatory responses (easily replaced with reactions) and discussions that make it cumbersome to actually just find a trailer.

Update
It looks like we can embed trailer videos in the gallery. That might be the best option for a non discussion approach. If you'd like to add your trailer for a FINISHED ifdb edit, please use the add media, embed tool and select your trailer link. Make sure to tag it with "trailer" so it is easy t find.

Last edited:
Thanks for the clarification :)

So here for discussion, I should have figured that out ^^

Well, I was a bit off with the song choice... well I was a LOT off!! I realised it was a bit too much like a music video for One Tree Hill rather than a movie trailer XD so I rethought it and came up with this. I think it's much more impactful.

This is the first and only trailer I made a year or two ago. I wasn't originally planning on releasing it but the fan edit is finally on the way and this is what I have available in the old archives... so here it is. Don't worry though, the movie edit is better than the trailer editing.

Hope you're all having a damn fine day! :coffee:🥧

My Twin Peaks edit THE MISSING SEASON recently got approved!

I made a new retro trailer, check it out below. The style is supposed to be a cheesy television promo from the 90s on ABC, because the edit reimagines the film as if it were a TV mini season.

AND I even managed to get the endorsement of David Lynch himself! ;);)

Here's the link to my fanedit post for the edit:
https://forums.fanedit.org/threads/twin-peaks-fire-walk-with-me-the-missing-season.28167/

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom