• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

Lost Redux

Why would people expect much in the form of answers already? Sure there will be some, but it's still VERY, VERY early. I definitely expected more questions than answers up to this point, and really, I think we have gotten more answers than questions, or at least partial answers.

I also think it's a bit too early to talk about whether or not the show was wise to give away what "answers" and when. Sure, it's kind of hard to fathom how they'll satisfyingly wrap up everything, but we'll have plenty time for a retrospective when it's all over :(..... For now, I'm just really enjoying this season and I don't think this season's any less interesting than before.

just watched this weeks episode and while it isnt gripping me as much as previous seasons I'm still 100% on board

my main questions this week are:
[spoiler:2gpzizgu]danielle apparently having died "years ago"

and the other, was his name ardo, being present during kates prison break three years ago...when was that??[/spoiler:2gpzizgu]

[spoiler:3hqd13lr]1) I thought it strange that they would say "years ago" too, but Danielle did die three years ago. While not an eternity, it's long enough to be considered "years", I guess. :)

2) Aldo (not Ardo) was the guard outside room 23 when Carl (Alex's boyfriend) was being held prisoner in season 3. Kate threatened to shoot him in the knee, but ended up knocking him out cold with the butt of a rifle instead. Which explains why he doesn't like her all that much.[/spoiler:3hqd13lr]

Finished up this week's episode and holy damn, did they answer some BIG questions:
[spoiler:374wsmc2]- Ever since Jacob was introduced and they showed him meeting the 6 (Jack, Kate, Sawyer, Locke, Sayid, Jin and/or Sun, and Hurley), I've suspected that he was grooming them for something major in the Island's fate. Well, now it can be confirmed: Jacob selected them as potential Canidates to replace him as the Island's protector. It still doesn't answer the question as to what Jacob was protecting the Island from, although I don't fully believe that it's from the Man in Black/Smoke Monster (but at the same time, I don't fully buy Black Locke's words, since he's a definite Trickster/Deciever type of character).
Oh and if the series ends with Jack becoming the new protector, I will give up TV and go hang myself because that would just way WAY too damn convienant and stupid ("Jack = Jacob" = bullsh*t....)

- Evidently, part of The Rules state that Black Locke can not directly kill any of the Canidates himself (which explains why it was so important for him to get Ben to kill Locke)

- Now at last we know the meaning behind the "Numbers": they are in fact the numbers placed in front of each of the 6 Canidate's names (evidently Jacob liked numbers, according to Black Locke).

- So far, I am noticing a trend with these "Flash Sideways" into the alternative reality: appearantly, people's lives WOULD'VE been better if they had never gone to the Island. I was a bit worried early in the episode when Locke got fired for lying to his boss and going on the walkabout, but in the end, he ended up better off than he was before (and Hurley's and Rose's interactions with him was awesome). Watching him being in a stable and loving relationship and seeing him move on and accept his life and his health the way that it is (instead of what it could be) was incredibly refreshing and uplifting to watch (although maybe part of that is due to that the real Locke is dead in the main reality).

- Kind of interesting how right off the bat Sawyer knew that Black Locke wasn't the real or original Locke.

- Ok, who the hell is the Blonde Kid, why did one scene show him in a bloodied "crucified" pose, and why is Black Locke so afraid of him?

- It was a bit funny seeing Richard trying to tell Sawyer to leave Black Locke and then run away and hide before he came back.

- Seeing Ben Linus as a stuckup English teacher in the alternative reality and meeting Locke's as his new colleague had me rolling on the floor laughing.
(As did his speech at the "funeral" sequence and Frank's response to it)[/spoiler:374wsmc2]

JasonN said:
Finished up this week's episode and holy damn, did they answer some BIG questions:
[spoiler:2f081un4]- Ever since Jacob was introduced and they showed him meeting the 6 (Jack, Kate, Sawyer, Locke, Sayid, Jin and/or Sun, and Hurley), I've suspected that he was grooming them for something major in the Island's fate. Well, now it can be confirmed: Jacob selected them as potential Canidates to replace him as the Island's protector. It still doesn't answer the question as to what Jacob was protecting the Island from, although I don't fully believe that it's from the Man in Black/Smoke Monster (but at the same time, I don't fully buy Black Locke's words, since he's a definite Trickster/Deciever type of character).
Oh and if the series ends with Jack becoming the new protector, I will give up TV and go hang myself because that would just way WAY too damn convienant and stupid ("Jack = Jacob" = bullsh*t....)

- Evidently, part of The Rules state that Black Locke can not directly kill any of the Canidates himself (which explains why it was so important for him to get Ben to kill Locke)

- Now at last we know the meaning behind the "Numbers": they are in fact the numbers placed in front of each of the 6 Canidate's names (evidently Jacob liked numbers, according to Black Locke).

- So far, I am noticing a trend with these "Flash Sideways" into the alternative reality: appearantly, people's lives WOULD'VE been better if they had never gone to the Island. I was a bit worried early in the episode when Locke got fired for lying to his boss and going on the walkabout, but in the end, he ended up better off than he was before (and Hurley's and Rose's interactions with him was awesome). Watching him being in a stable and loving relationship and seeing him move on and accept his life and his health the way that it is (instead of what it could be) was incredibly refreshing and uplifting to watch (although maybe part of that is due to that the real Locke is dead in the main reality).

- Kind of interesting how right off the bat Sawyer knew that Black Locke wasn't the real or original Locke.

- Ok, who the hell is the Blonde Kid, why did one scene show him in a bloodied "crucified" pose, and why is Black Locke so afraid of him?

- It was a bit funny seeing Richard trying to tell Sawyer to leave Black Locke and then run away and hide before he came back.

- Seeing Ben Linus as a stuckup English teacher in the alternative reality and meeting Locke's as his new colleague had me rolling on the floor laughing.
(As did his speech at the "funeral" sequence and Frank's response to it)[/spoiler:2f081un4]

[spoiler:2f081un4]I'm pretty certain that the kid is Jacob.[/spoiler:2f081un4]

[spoiler:10bn8al9]thank god, I'm finally back into lost mood mainly because this episode avoided what i hated about the season's beginning:

Kate-centric episodes
Speed-Racer-temple

That being said this finally brings lost back on track. this episode was not stale sitting in the temple acting mysteriously and now i'm kinda on flocke's side since jacob's followers really don't provide any answers and a simple flocke episode is more intriguing and unveilling than another sitting in the temple acting dramatic episode

sawyer was great, so was locke and hurley was standout in this episode, the acting was very well done in this episode and much more engaging, maybe because this time the actors had more to do: in the jack, sayid episodes all the actors can do is wait, complain, stare, wait, go to speed-racer-guy, go back, complain whereas in this episode we have richard alpert running scared as hell like a maniac, we have a randall flagg like locke and the classic converted guy who has nothing left to loose (this really starts looking like the stand)

although i remember an interview with the producers that after episode 3 it will be pretty impossible to talk to a lost fan about anything else than lost i don't see the big theory fodder, though i'm really glad that the mystery of the island is back and we get some answers i didn't have a "HOLY HEARTFAILURE BATMAN" experience like for example when we found out what happened when desmond forgot to push the button etc.

but a very solid good episode and i hope the temple explodes next episode and everyone dies except the main characters so we can get back to good ol' lost adventures[/spoiler:10bn8al9]

First thing that went through my head about the kid was...

[spoiler:3rmgab2a]Is he Aaron? I mean, Claire is doing a cool Rousseau impression now....yea, he didn't come back with the rest of them, but hell, this is Lost.[/spoiler:3rmgab2a]

must. resist. temptation. to read spoilers.

didnt have time to watch last nights ep

[spoiler:bg4j0i8w]I too believe the kid is Jacob, but I HOPE he's Charles Widmore. If Charles Widmore is a kid time-travelling in the future and is saved by Ben, it would explain why they can't kill each other. (Or actually it would only explain why Charles can't kill Ben, but there might be a reasonable explanation of the other way somewhere down the road.) I don't think he's Aaron. That would be too weird, even for Lost. He should be about three years old in 2007.

Anyway: Great episode![/spoiler:bg4j0i8w]

[spoiler:h2zc263w]Using a time paradox as explanation why they can't kill each other would be serious awesome[/spoiler:h2zc263w]

So what do you think of the latest episode? I liked it a lot, actually.

[spoiler:24cwgum3]Possibly the best Jack-centric episode since the season 3 finale (which is probably the best episode of the series, so it's not a fair comparison anyway). That his intensity scared his son was very believable, and I think the writers really played to Fox's strengths there. Jack IS intense to a borderline creepy extent, (a lot of it's due to Fox's good acting) and I could really relate to him as intense but well-meaning parent, the first time I've related to Jack in years.

I think either Gabriela - her surname Busoni is also the name of an Italian composer/pianist! - or Juliet is David's mother. If it had been Sarah they would have told us in the episode, not kept it a secret. It was cool to see Dogen in LA too, and out of his samurai-mode.

On the island, Hugo stole the show (as always). They even snuck the "Hurley theme" in there - usually reserved for off-island Hurley scenes - which is my favourite Lost theme. Mysterious and funny at the same time. Jacob and Hurley are great together, for some strange reason.

AND I LOVE KILLER CLAIRE!![/spoiler:24cwgum3]

that´s mostly what i think about that episode too. And i noticed that theme thing too.

Somebody on tv.com labeled that episode as a filler. can you believe that? i mean we watch a show for over five years and there were never answers without a pile of new questions. what were they supposed to do? reveal all kinds of shit in 18 episodes?

if they construct it cleverly (which they will do!) we get the huge things in the last four episodes...

i love that show. unlike other tv entertainment it never disappoints me...

yep, absolutely brilliant episode! definitely the best one of the season for me so far, and its been a strong season.

Somehow the alternate timeline stuff doesn't interest me. I'm more interested in the currect timeline on the island stuff with Jacob and false Locke.

I have a hard time seeing what's filler about it. If anything, there's been too little filler and too much PURPOSE this season. I've been rewatching seasons three and four recently, and I was surprised to see that the filler plots of season three - e.g. Sawyer's and Hurley's ping pong tournament - were some of my favourites. Since the end of the third season there has hardly been a filler plot, only non-stop action, and in some cases I've missed those nice character moments.

Filler is
[spoiler:3c11ohqv]building up Crazy-Claire for weeks before she kills someone. Now we barely see her before she kills someone like with an axe.[/spoiler:3c11ohqv]

I'm still on the fence about the alternate timeline. It feels a bit... irrelevant. On the other hand, the scenes themselves have mostly been amazingly good. Kate, the marshal and Claire (and Ethan!) were good; Locke and Helen (and Rose and Hugo) were great; Jack has been great (Fox's deja-vu-from-hell acting on the plane was amazing); I even laughed at Arzt and Frogurt - "Hey, I'm WALKING here!" and "There's a... LINE" were genuinely funny.

I hope it will make sense later on. I don't think the sideways-flashes will be here all season anyway.

theslime said:
I'm still on the fence about the alternate timeline. It feels a bit... irrelevant. On the other hand, the scenes themselves have mostly been amazingly good. Kate, the marshal and Claire (and Ethan!) were good; Locke and Helen (and Rose and Hugo) were great; Jack has been great (Fox's deja-vu-from-hell acting on the plane was amazing); I even laughed at Arzt and Frogurt - "Hey, I'm WALKING here!" and "There's a... LINE" were genuinely funny.

I hope it will make sense later on. I don't think the sideways-flashes will be here all season anyway.
Rumour is that this alternate timeline will merge together with the existing timeline...

I've never been disappointed with Lost. Even the occasional "bad" episode is better then the majority of crap on tv.

I do like how Claire has become the new Rousseau. Crazy, in search of her child... brilliant. So was Rousseau also poisoned as we're told Claire is?

T-HOPE said:
theslime said:
Rumour is that this alternate timeline will merge together with the existing timeline...
I didn't know about the rumour but I was thinking the same thing while watching this latest episode.
What made me think this is that the audio has some kind of reverb effect when switching between timelines.
Usually, that sound effect is smooth.

Also, since Jack doesn't "remember" certain things (his appendix removal, how long his son has played the piano), I figure that it's an incomplete/temporary world.

I don't really like this crazy Claire. I like that she's a badass but she is pretty stupid.
She left baby Aaron ALONE in the jungle, Kate saves and cares for the baby, and Claire would kill Kate for "taking" him?

zeppelinrox said:
I don't really like this crazy Claire. I like that she's a badass but she is pretty stupid.
She left baby Aaron ALONE in the jungle, Kate saves and cares for the baby, and Claire would kill Kate for "taking" him?

dont forget she been alone for 3 years with just Pseudo-Lock for company, i imagine the inside of her head is pretty screwy by now...

Back
Top Bottom