• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

Lost Redux

Lost Rules.

But no new episode this week..... :-(

I actually really liked the recap episode. It was interesting watching the entire "Oceanic 6" story in one episode, and in chronological order. Pretty random, but still interesting.

But the preview for next week's episode was lame, just Faraday saying "We could all die" or something like that.

Oh well, Lost is the best.

And that, my friends, was the single greatest "season finale" that I've seen in the last five years. :smile:

[spoiler:nz3wum5j]- those first five minutes with Jacob on the beach were incredible - I'm quite amazed that they showed more of Jacob in this episode than I thought they would (enjoyed his visit to Hurley the best), but who/what exactly is he, why does the Man in Black want him dead, what's with all the Egyptian art/themes... god, this is going to be frying my mind till 2010.

- who the hell is this Man in Black? What is his relationship to Jacob? Why does he have to find a "loophole" in order to kill him? I'm really hoping the Island doesn't turn out to be some God/Satan/Eden/Angels/etc-type of situation, but after this episode... I really don't know anymore.

- "ille qui nos omnes servabit" roughly translates to "the one who will save us all."

- the Jack/Sawyer fight was a long time coming and for the most part I enjoyed it, but this whole Jack/Kate/Sawyer/Juliet thing really needs to be done with (I had hoped that Juliet would've disappeared from the show completely after her fall, but after the last 5 minutes, I kinda now doubt it)

- so John Locke really did die at Ben's hands and the Locke we've been watching for the last 5-6 episodes is really the Man in Black posing as John Locke in order to get Ben to kill Jacob. Granted, it makes for one amazing mindf*ck moment at the end, but I'm going to be pissed if Locke is completely gone from next season.[/spoiler:nz3wum5j]

oh man reading that spoiler box is seriously tempting...

roll on tonight!!!

now that was a cool finale...

good stuff indeed.
[spoiler:1qv5peih]Nice to finally see what that statue/foot is for.[/spoiler:1qv5peih]

I still enjoy the show but fail to be as captivated/riveted as I was during the first 2 seasons. There are always 2 questions for every answer (which I suppose most people enjoy) I do not, as by the time they choose to reveal something, I have all but forgotten its significance.

Heres hoping they can finally connect all the dots real tidy like for the next/final season. too bad its going to be a long wait till 2010 w/ no other shows around for me to watch...

...I guess its finally time for me to start watching all the shows I missed on DVD (the wire, rome, deadwood, 24, dexter, etc.)

that was truly fucking awesome!!!

that cliffhanger brought me on my knees screaming ´noooooooo´...

:shock:

for me there is really only one bad thing about this show and that is that is makes all other tv entertainment look so bad...

:)

A crocodile headed statue with an Egyptian ankh. i like where this is going.

Between the Lost, House and Fringe series finales - I have been utterly, utterly blown away!!!!

LOST :

[spoiler:9avf10l5]Have I missed something? Who is the man in black? But that Egyptian crocodile statue is cool. When we saw Jacob talking with the guy on the beach - I had this God v Satan feeling.....and, lets be fair, what the hell can we expect next season? The bomb, it go off....[/spoiler:9avf10l5]

House:

[spoiler:9avf10l5]Wow - I didn't see that coming at all. House is insane![/spoiler:9avf10l5]

Fringe:

[spoiler:9avf10l5]Leonard Nemoy! Although it gave it away in the credits......[/spoiler:9avf10l5]

What an absolutely cracking finale! Abrams and co are really on a roll a the moment.

i'd just like to chime in with a theory that i really like at the moment.

my take on the show is that the bomb obviously didn't work, since Richard claimed to have seen them die, and if it had worked then "Locke" and Sun wouldn't be in 2007 at all.

however, after seeing Juliette demises, chains n all, the first thing I thought of was Smoky!! Add to the fact that I rewatched the first couple of episodes and the morning after the Losties first hear the monster in the jungle, they're discussing it on the beach and Rose can clearly be heard saying that it sounded really familiar to her

just wanted to throw that out there hehe

Speaking of which, Spain has an awesome new commercial for the 6th Season using a "Black/White Chessboard" motif:
[youtubewide:20nu3ly2]

i think i have never anticipated something so much in my life... ever! not just in tv!

yesterday i saw this insanely long and very revealing ten seconds teaser...

now the question that keeps the internet busy:

who´s eye is that?

hi guys,

ive mentioend in other threads before that I'm working on a complete chronilogical re-ordering of this awesome show, but the fifth season causes a few headaches so i thought i'd throw my gameplan out here n see what people thought.

(this edit is primarily for my own enjoyment, no release is guaranteed, a guy overe on the lostpedia forums has released something similar but starting from the crash)

as im including all the flashbacks in order, from jacob on, including bens dharma live, im going to try and edit 1977 twice. once without out any mention of the true identity of our heroes, i;e sawyer is lafleur, sayid is a hostile, jack & kate are new recruits, and then a second edit of the scenes at the other end of the timeline just from the main characters POV

this is currently the last bit of editing to be done on this mammoth project (apart from the coming season of course), which I've litterally just started tonight and in the first 5 minutes I've hit a problem.
When Amy goes into labour, sawyer runs to get juliet and they have a conversation about maybe whatever caused baby deaths in present age hasn't happened yet. Now I can just cut these lines, but this goes against everything I've gone for in this project, which is completness (all deleted scenes, missing pieces, ARG's etc), as they then wouldnt be present in either 1977 segment, or I let them play out, whislt still cutting as much as possible)

any thoughts guys.....

That chess promo is amazing! [spoiler:2auzxscy]I'm not sure I like the way the show was going in the late fifth season and Jacob's importance in it. Or, come to think of it, I only have problems with the finale, and even that was spectacularly good. But I'm afraid of how it will all turn out. I always loved all the talk about destiny and the repeated talks about how "everything happens for a reason". But I didn't feel I had to be told what that reason was, exactly. And "The Island brought us here" is somehow more interesting to me than "Jacob brought us here". I suppose it shouldn't be, but it is.

Then again, the turn has been inevitable for years now, and I hope - if this promo is supposed to mean something - that our protagonists are going to be chess pieces in a metaphorical sense. They already touched upon that with the King of the Castle "missing piece", but this would be - to quote Dale Cooper - "a bigger game".

But still, the ultimate problem for me since the early second season has been the lack of any real stakes. Yes, we were told early in the first season that the Island was different, we also learned (those of us who believed Locke, at least) that every one of the survivors were brought there for a reason (For some reason I keep wondering why Froghurt was brought there? For cannon fodder?) But what is the reason? Using that question as a drive for four whole seasons is borderline insane, so I hope we see that reason coming into focus early on. Jacob brought them there? The jury is still out on that one. He brought them BACK, yes, but there in the first place? Matthew Abbadon was the one who convinced Locke to go on the walkabout. He let them come, obviously, so maybe it doesn't matter.

Jacob may resolve that tension, but he also poses a lot of problems. I was honestly more interested in the Charles/Ben conflict than the Jacob and "Esau" one. I hope they'll be able to reconcile these levels of conflict. It'll be extremely tough, but Lindelof and Cuse haven't disappointed me yet.[/spoiler:2auzxscy]

Daveytod, the obvious problem is that there are two chronologies - actual year/date and the protagonists' year and date - and that they are there for a reason. In your case think you would have to choose. But honestly I don't see the appeal in either one. I'm usually all for fanediting for the sake of fanediting, but this seems like A LOT of work only to end up with a significantly inferior narrative.

A chronological retelling would for instance mean that Shannon starts out as a bitch, turns into a nice person, turns into a bitch again, and then winds up as a nice person. While in the actual series they saved the "nice" flashbacks to the end as a way of reinforcing our new perception of the character. A chronological version of that story would make very little sense from a storytelling point of view since it would be without a pay-off.

it´s only two weeks to the final season of the greatest tv show that ever hit my tv.

I am very excited so the missus and me started the season 5 rewatch just yesterday...

we waited so fucking long for this. I know the guys won´t disappoint us. They never did until now...

God i can´t wait!!!

hi guys,

just wanted to chime in once more n let you know that i'm still workin on my lost in order chronological edit. i've kind of jumped around a bit with it, ive finished, exported and converted the first two seasons (labelled 1.x and 2.x) and started on the flashbacks (labelled 0.x).

I've showed a few friends episodes 1.0 and 1.1 which are basically from the day of the flight (first scenes is walt opening the hotel curtains) to 45 minutes into day 1, and they've been very impressed.

So I started on the flashbacks. Starting with the 1950's, going through Lockes early years before ending up in 1977. Like i mentioned in a previous tpost, the 1977 were causing me some concerns, but with some clever editing removing and reference to the future (even any reference to jack being "doc") it's looking pretty good. Sawyer really is lafleur, and the O6 (jack, kate, hurley) are just newcomers with a very mysterious agenda. It actually harks back to the early seasons in that it raises more questions than answers

I'm really not sure about releasing this on the forums since i'm really just doing this for myself, and i'm not sure it'll reach the high standards expected of edits here (as mine rarely do lol) but since I've got at least 3 mates who want to see it then I figure mayeb some of you guys will too!

Saying that, I've read a few spoilers about how things start in season 6 and I really have no clue how I#m gonna work around that one.....

Back
Top Bottom