• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Vote now in wave 1 of the FEOTM Reboot!

Lost Redux

[spoiler:23u00lhq]I believe Claire's behaviour is the way it is - murderous, irrational, batshit crazy - to narratively differentiate her from Danielle. People have been saying ZOMG THIS MUST MEAN ROUSSEAU WAS INFECTED THE WHOLE TIME!!! since crazy-Claire showed up two weeks ago, and I just don't see it. Aaron was left by Claire in the middle of the jungle. Alexandra, on the other hand, was stolen from Danielle by Ben and Ethan. Danielle killed other insane people in self-defence (her boyfriend was actually about to kill his pregnant girlfriend, lest you forget), while Claire murders unarmed people who hasn't harmed her or her baby. They're worlds apart.[/spoiler:23u00lhq]

Oh, and Zeprox, I didn't say they'd merge. There's something screwy with your quotes. (I kinda believe so too, though.)

From my facebook status:

Dear LOST....it's been a long journey and I've been there since the beginning. 6 long years and I've loved every second. Smoke monsters, hatches, sonic fences, rings of ash, 108 different type of 'Others', time travel, donkey wheels, polar bears, walking cripples, lists, ghosts, I've loved it all but now, seriously, enough is enough! WHAT THE HELL IS GOING ON????

Seriously? There's been more explanation these last few episodes than in most of the series combined. For instance, Cuse and Lindelof had basically said that we would not learn the significance of the numbers. But we did. Also, we've learned what the monster is, who Jacob is, who inhabit the temple, what happened to Claire - etc etc.

If you're talking about the alternate timeline, I admit that that one's a puzzler right now, but I think it will make sense soon enough. Give it a few more episodes.

[spoiler:maebt8zv]wow... Lighthouse -> they make shit up as they go along
seriously the appearance of a giant tower on the island is even more baffling to me than the mysterious second island in season 3 that nobody saw before - and in the episode it's like the authors are aware of how illogical this is that they even bother with some mysterious "maybe we didn't look for it" -line, oh now i get it, everything that hasn't made sense in lost before was either: smoke monster, some other fraction of the others or they didn't look for it... right.

then again the episode itself was kinda cool, so whatever[/spoiler:maebt8zv]

[spoiler:rmjb4m2s]I disagree. The line about not looking for it may sound cheap, but lines like that have been part of the series since the beginning. Now Hugo has taken over Locke's place, that's all. What's more ridiculous, using inscriptions on Mr. Eko's Jesus stick to find the Barracks, or "not looking for" a lighthouse on the other end of a pretty big island? (It's a draw, I guess...) We know that Jacob didn't live all in one place (since Ilana identified the cabin as his) and the cave is still a mystery.

The other island doesn't bother me either. It's obviously on the other side of the island from where they crashed, and the only people who reasonably should know where it was would be Sayid, Jin and Sun after their boat trip (when they also saw the foot of the statue).

Oh, well. :)[/spoiler:rmjb4m2s]

New episode tonight. Can't wait to see it tomorrow evening.
Looks like
[spoiler:2wlk6tqa]Sayid will attack Dogen and Dogen will easily put him down[/spoiler:2wlk6tqa]
if I saw it correctly in the promo.

I liked last nights episode the best so far.
[spoiler:13ugaeqr]Probably because I loved seeing that hairlipped prick mercenary get capped again!
I really hope there isnt a happy turn of events after this episode.[/spoiler:13ugaeqr] :twisted:

Even thigh I really don't know where they are headed I felt like I did prior to last nights episode. But now I'm clueless.

AWESOME EPISODE!

[spoiler:2rg9iu4b]Great Sayid episode - i lost hope in his character during Season 5 thought he has run himself dead but now he's one of the most interesting
Flocke is great - I'm really convinced he's the good guy or at least the only one who will give us some answers, he's just more charismatic than those "uh we're mysterious ninjas" guys
which brings me to the best thing of the episode: No more temple, no more ninjas, no more samurai leader - awesome, this episode was like a bugfix that corrected everything i hated about the season's start, now lost can really start it's final round

Claire is a great maniac and it seems like the actress is having some fun with her

btw anyone else been kinda surprised when sun showed up? her arc has been so bland for me since season 5 that i didn't even notice she was on the show :D[/spoiler:2rg9iu4b]

[spoiler:18pumxwi]I kinda agree. I think the Temple story has been strangely unresolved and uninvolving at the same time, even though there were some great things in the premiere, like the mysterious nature of the spring etc, but it never really came to any fruition whatsoever. So I think I agree. Dogen was cool, but he won't be missed.

I agree about the acting. It's extremely solid. I thought Emilie de Ravin was a mediocre actress, but obviously it's just normal acting she can't do. Give her insanity, and she knocks it out of the park. O'Quinn is always good, but his intense glare scared the shit out of me in the premiere. How could the warm smile of John Locke turn that bad? And now Naveen Andrews joined the club. I like how he scared the daylights out of Ben (where did Ben go, btw?). Those people will save worse scripts than what's been written so far.

I liked the director touches this episode too. The slo-mo didn't even feel forced (I usually loathe slo-mo with a passion). But Bobby Roth is one of the better directors (he did one of my top 5, "The Man behind the Curtain" from season 3, the Ben shoots Locke/meets invisible Jacob/purges the Dharma Initiative episode) of the series.[/spoiler:18pumxwi]

[spoiler:2wgbjg3r]the problem now is that the bad guys are WAAAAAYY to awesome:

you have John Locke being combined with Smokey as ultra-templedestroying leader
Sawyer as the guy with nothing to loose
Sayid as the badass assassin who has the balls to shoot the bad guys instead of waiting for a second chance
Insanity Claire!

the other side seems pretty uninvolving, so if it weren't for Hurley I'd be totally rooting for Flocke[/spoiler:2wgbjg3r]

[spoiler:2gsjft9y]I thought last night's episode was very dark and depressive. Sayid not carying about anything anymore and killing Dogen and Lenon. Then saying that there's no more time for him.
I had expected Flocke to kill Sayid to bring him to his Nadia after Sayid had done his job, so he could meet her in heaven.

The slomo-walk of Sayid and Claire between those bodies was very good and dark. And then Flocke with his bad ass look, and a hint of surprise when he saw Kate. If I remember correctly, Kate wasn't on his list in the cave. But I'm not sure about that. So perhaps Flocke realizes the list in his case might be different then Jacob's...?

In previous episode Claire told Jin she would kill Kate if she had taken Aeron. I was wondering why she didn't kill Kate or so after Kate told her she had taken Aeron off the island.

I am wondering what we're going to get. Looks indeed like war.

Hurley/Jack vs. the rest?
Kate walked after John (it's still unsure which side she will chose).
Jin is still in the blue which side he is (we didn't see him in this episode).
I wonder where Sawyer was during Flocke's attack.

Also a brief appearance about Sun. I'm wondering if she's Jacob's candidate or is it Jin?

Nice to see Martin Keamy again. :)[/spoiler:2gsjft9y]

I was wondering 1 more thing.

[spoiler:2e26hddu]Flocke couldn't cross the circle of ash so he send in Claire. Why didn't he let Claire remove the ash so the circle was broken and he could enter?
Or was there more relation between Dogen and the ash?[/spoiler:2e26hddu]

I'm not really enjoying the Flashsideways.

[spoiler:3so8mgqf]The circle of ash/Dogen connection confused the hell out of me. Did Claire break the circle or could Flocke/Smocke/Esau cross the circle if Dogen was killed? Or did he need both things to happen? I'm pretty sure I had it figured out before, but in this episode I didn't understand it at all.[/spoiler:3so8mgqf]

theslime said:
[spoiler:3bawfvez]The circle of ash/Dogen connection confused the hell out of me. Did Claire break the circle or could Flocke/Smocke/Esau cross the circle if Dogen was killed? Or did he need both things to happen? I'm pretty sure I had it figured out before, but in this episode I didn't understand it at all.[/spoiler:3bawfvez]
Like I posted above, I lost the logic about it too.

edit:
on request

Good to know I'm not alone.

(I forgot the spoiler tags, btw. Could you edit your reply too?)

theslime said:
Good to know I'm not alone.

(I forgot the spoiler tags, btw. Could you edit your reply too?)
done.

how awesome was this episode?

I mean Michael Emmerson has always saved Lost, but boy am I enjoying this season right now

[spoiler:2scibnsl]Everything is back on track and it suddenly made sense:

The Temple was a construct where writers were abandoned to create character nobody would give a f!ck about and come up with the most unnecessary episode-fillers, last episode represented redemption, by destroying the temple lost symbolically got rid of useless plotlines and got saved back on track

Richard Alpert now represents the audience, having lost all hope that Jacob (the writers) have a plan and like me was ready to end this lost-business but like Alpert the audience got redemption and a sense that it might actually.... make some sense...[/spoiler:2scibnsl]

[spoiler:3rj1mmda]alpert=audience/jacob=writers.

lol. that is by far the most radical theory on lost. great. :)

besides that i like the way they go. that last scene on the beach gave me that warm back-to-season-1-melancholy-feeling in my belly.

and - i know lost is not the tv show where you can say i knew this or that would happen but i knew (i mean i kind of was hoping for) the person coming to the island would be widmore.

oh and michael emmerson never had to save lost in any way. but he surely is a damn good actor and he proved it once more. and nestor carbonell shows that he´s a good actor as well. this broken voice thing he did to show that the knowledge about his life being useless broke his spirit was nice.

i fucking love that show[/spoiler:3rj1mmda]

Back
Top Bottom