• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

Lost Redux

Like I said after one of the other episodes, Jason, I honestly think most of your objections are completely moot. But since you've made up your mind, I'm not even going to address them. Except this one:
[spoiler:3n7luit4]- The reason why Kate's name was crossed off? Bullsh*t, sheer absolute total bullsh*t.
Oh, and she can still HAVE the job if she wants it? F*ck you, writers! :x[/spoiler:3n7luit4]
...which actually made all the sense in the world, and even made sense of stray observations and non-sequiturs about [spoiler:3n7luit4]Aaron[/spoiler:3n7luit4] going all the way back to season one. Seriously.

I'm not really sure what to think of this episode.... It's kinda magic man did it all over again

[spoiler:3nwsjy4s]I find it funny that Across the Sea is the worst rated episode of this season (worse than What Kate does!!!!) and this episode gets very good ratings when across the Sea at list gave us a human explanation for jacob and his motivation whereas now we are back to: oh yeah jacob has magic and teleports everything to the island and magic water and stuff... it's all just a tad too convenient

also the thing that keeps on bugging me is that jacob bringing them here --> deliberately crashing the airplane etc. makes it completely pointless that desmond forgot to push the button and accidentially crashed 815, seems like it doesn't matter because the wizard brought them here anyway

but this episode had some good stuff, but nothing too great since like another poster said everything more or less falls into it's place like most of us predicted beforehand.
The flashsideways just drag, since the first to episodes of this season it was clear that jack would operate locke and they are still dragging it along. We know how they will remember their pasts and still nothing has really happened in the fs... i so hope the resolution of the writers is worth the seemingly pointless time this season has invested into the flash sideways

zoe finally dead! yes, great. The three best moments of this season:

Dogen killed
Ilana dies
Zoe killed

But seriously there's not much left on this godforsaken island: Monster, Kate, Jack, Sawyer, Hurley, Richard (come on, he's as dead as desmond was after sayid "killed him"), Ben, Miles... not that many people from the show and still kate is alive...

I was glad that ben returned to his older planning self he seemed a little useless and i hope he has a plan how to defeat the smokemonster and plays along until the time is right, that's how we love ben

the best part of me was sawyer's grief for some reason... it was refreshing to get some character motivation back into the whole "i'm supposed to do that"-bs. btw jack really has become a role model that puts harry potter to shame when it comes to blindly accepting things... wow that's really noble and heroic he's like... a machine, awesome

finally: Desmond rules[/spoiler:3nwsjy4s]

theslime said:
Like I said after one of the other episodes, Jason, I honestly think most of your objections are completely moot. But since you've made up your mind, I'm not even going to address them.
Why, cause I'm not a true fan like you are? :p

theslime said:
...which actually made all the sense in the world, and even made sense of stray observations and non-sequiturs about [spoiler:1xe1pqhc]Aaron[/spoiler:1xe1pqhc] going all the way back to season one. Seriously.
Dude, the writers abandoned the whole [spoiler:1xe1pqhc]baby Aaron is "Special"[/spoiler:1xe1pqhc] subplot back in the middle of Season 5 and ever since the entire reveal of the "Jacob VS MIB" War, [spoiler:1xe1pqhc]he[/spoiler:1xe1pqhc] has served no point to the story. Also, from rewatching all of Seasons 1-4 within the last week, I really don't buy the notion that [spoiler:1xe1pqhc]Aaron's entire "unique" importance to the Island[/spoiler:1xe1pqhc] stems entirely on [spoiler:1xe1pqhc]making Kate a mother and removing her from the Canidates list.[/spoiler:1xe1pqhc]

[spoiler:1kmjc8wj]If there's anything I know about LOST is that they love to twist things around.
and just by the mere fact that Jack got selected to be the new jacob I know it will not be him. My bet is still on Hugo.
And there will be blood.[/spoiler:1kmjc8wj]

oh yes... there will be blood

[spoiler:2b1uz3y3]I'm totally on the hurley train[/spoiler:2b1uz3y3]

Sunarep said:
oh yes... there will be blood

[spoiler:32cshuhj]I'm totally on the hurley train[/spoiler:32cshuhj]
[spoiler:32cshuhj]Train? It's a Hummer, dude! :smile:[/spoiler:32cshuhj]

Why, cause I'm not a true fan like you are? :p
Haha, well played, man. I actually thought after I posted the last comment that I came off as a bit of an ass. No offence was intended.

I still don't buy any of your points about [spoiler:stmitu2g]Aaron,[/spoiler:stmitu2g]though.

JasonN said:
The reason why Kate's name was crossed off? Bullsh*t, sheer absolute total bullsh*t.

I actually loved this. Laughed out loud. A nice big F- you to everyone that reads way to much into certain events in this show.

JasonN said:
[spoiler:1s380b7s]- "When I leave this place, I'll leave the entire Island to you, Ben"
Plus: 40 minutes later, "I'm going to destroy the Island"
Equals: WTF, script?[/spoiler:1s380b7s]

I took this in one of two ways: the first time he said it he truly planned to leave the island to Ben, but with Desmond disappearing his plan changed. Or two: Ben just caught Smokey in a line.

As for Aaron we saw how well that fared for the MiB and Jacob. I think it was Jacob trying to get him off the island to prevent him from being corrupt. Nothing more. He could still be special, but we'll never know.

I have a niggling question... what was the deal with Walt?
I forget what ability made him special but I was hoping that they had something planned for him.

zeppelinrox said:
I have a niggling question... what was the deal with Walt?
I forget what ability made him special but I was hoping that they had something planned for him.
[spoiler:10g3gnf3]Walt is so special that it actually freaked out the Others and that's why they made a deal with Michael to get him off the island.

***finale spoiler***We won't be disappointed with the finale as far as Walt and Vincent goes.***finale spoiler***

Aaron on the other hand was never special. the one person to say he was special was the fortune-teller to Claire but that fortune-teller was revealed to be a fake in an Ecco-sentric eps. As far as the Others and Aaron? They were having problems with fertility and wanted to check out the baby and Claire.
nuthin special.[/spoiler:10g3gnf3]

Right on, KBM.

About Aaron - exactly. Thank you.

I have no problem with the Walt question being dropped either. The Others wanted kids - Aaron and Walt - to ensure that they didn't simply slowly die out. Walt scared them, so they let him go. It was never really claimed (except by over-eager fans) that Walt would have a great importance in the grand scheme of things. The missing piece where he scares The Others shitless was the only necessary part that hadn't been revealed by season two's end.

Soo.... it's getting closer and closer...

[youtube:237t2jdf]

See you in another life Brothas!

Enjoy! (no spoilers here, since it's censored!)

[youtube:1xuh4cvh]

Very satisfied. There are still plenty of questions (and I do hope for some supplemental material some day), but for these characters, the story was complete.

Don't know why, but I hated the ending. The first hour was awesome, but then...oh, God, that was a lame, lame way to end it. :oops:

I dislike the ending too.

[spoiler:5nzmvlgu]My biggest complaint is the question why would we ever be afraid of the MIB leaving the island, if he leaves it in human form and can easily be killed. Perhaps his way of leaving the island would have been different if he manages to kill all candidates, but since he gave up on that and just wanted to leave via destroying the island... weak.

And there's Kate shooting the MIB... Btw it mirrors Ben stabbing Ben and MIB kicking it in to the fire (Jack kicking it off the cliff).

The alternate timeline is some kind of afterlife where people can wait for they loved ones. Probably that's why Ben didn't go inside the church because he was still waiting for his loved ones (makes me wonder who because Alex and Rousseau was already dead). However, why didn't they wait for all the people to die and then leave together to heaven or whatever? It's still a weird way of trying to put people on the wrong track in the beginning of the season and the ending it in a lame way.

And still no explanation what the Christian Shephard off the island was. I mean, the Island timeline was real life (not the afterlife thingie) and he appeared off the island in that timeline.[/spoiler:5nzmvlgu]

Did anybody see the show after it? There was an article that they would show various alternate endings of the show.

T-HOPE said:
Did anybody see the show after it? There was an article that they would show various alternate endings of the show.

They were three endings created by Jimmy Kimmel and his staff. The Lost actors went along with it for fun. They were not real alternate endings.

thunderclap said:
T-HOPE said:

They were three endings created by Jimmy Kimmel and his staff. The Lost actors went along with it for fun. They were not real alternate endings.
Ah too bad.

edit:

Here they are:

[youtube:3095tzih]

Oh. And I really liked the ending. Most everything was tied up. A few lingering questions, but nothing major.

I liked it. So they didn't explain some of the minutiae, but who cares? Finales are hard, especially for shows like this.

I am satisfied. :)

Back
Top Bottom