• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

Lost Redux

First of all, Hollywood Reporter, get your facts straight: The Phantom Edit did NOT erase all signs of Jar Jar Binks, to do so would leave HUGE plot holes to the film and the character of Jar Jar did serve a function to the plot (just as the Phantom Editor stated in his commentary track of his edit).

Second of all.... no, no damn way am I ever, EVER watching Season 6 again, I don't care if he deletes all of the Sideway Reality scenes and inserts the secret epilogue ending of Hurley and Ben from the future DVD release... :|

Lost in 10 seconds (this guy has some other "dry humor" videos about movies in xx seconds):

[youtube:17z33kpv]

"Thow the DVDs in the trash... "
Indeed.

He may be right about Heroes... LOL

Great video (too bad I can understand German globally so I now the whole subtitle is completely different than the spoken words) but awesome funny which describes most frustrations about season 6.

here's a really cool theory about the smoke monster and jacob (still has some holes but it's the most interesting I've found)

http://ericknowsitall.com/ultimate-lost-theory/

sadly more cudos goes to the author than to the writers of lost since we can be sure that they didn't really have a plan like this plus the fact that he only mentions the flash sideways once in this very long essay kinda shows how useless those things were

This was a thoroughly enjoyable read. Thanks for sharing.

Well I'm glad I'm in the camp that enjoyed the ending, and felt it was a perfect way to end the series.

I guess there's two ways to look at it. If you feel the show was about the island, then you'll be very disappointed with the ending.
If you felt the show was about the characters, then you will probably be very satisfied.

For all your Lost season 6 fanedits. Everybody WAIT!!!!!

Season 6 will have an extra episode of 12 minutes dealing with Hurley and Ben ruling the island. The episode is called "The new man in charge now" and appears on the season 6 DVD. It should give more answers about some unanswered stuff

Here's the first pic:

NMIC.JPG

(not sure if hotlinking works, so here's a link: http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_RrObyQ3XzcY/T ... 0/NMIC.JPG )

The New Man in Charge is an twelve minute epilogue found on the complete series and sixth season DVDs. It focuses on Hurley and Ben's time protecting the Island. Additionally, it will address Walt, the supply drops and the Hurley bird according to Jorge Garcia. Also, according to Michael Emerson, Ben will be going around the island closing down some of the DHARMA stations.

I'm happy to hear it's going to be on the sixth season set because initially it was reported to only be in the complete series.

so a 12 minute monologue about all the things they should have answered instead of wasting time in the sideways? well at least there's ben and hurley

Sunarep said:
so a 12 minute monologue about all the things they should have answered instead of wasting time in the sideways? well at least there's ben and hurley
I think you mean epilogue. A monologue would be Hurley walking on the beach as he's talking to himself:

"Dude, this sand is so sandy... and hot... I'm hungry... I wish I had a chocolate shake... or some fried chicken... 'Have a clucky cluck cluck day'... haha, those were the days, dude..."
:p

All 12 minutes of "The New Man in Charge" has now been leaked to the webz in standard issue XVID quality (100 mbs).

Personally, I loved it, but considering it's Ben-heavy that's not much of a surprise. (I hope Emerson gets a new show or a substantial film role soon, I need my fix!) For those wanting answers, there are a few of those too.

[spoiler:13nqglc9]It was nice to see another Orientation video, and I like the not-so-subtle in-jokes a lot ("we'll need to see that again" and Ben "tying up loose ends"). Also nice to see that they haven't lost their touch with the weird touches in the Orientation films. My favourite was the man with one arm closing the polar bear cage; that was almost as funny as the shadowy Hanso Foundation HQ and the parapsychology glimpses in the Swan video. I could watch DHARMA films all day long. (Yeah, I need help.)

Also, the ending with Walt was intriguing. Hurley used pretty much Jacob's exact words about offering Walt a job (from Jacob's talk with Ricardo), but since it's more than implied that Ben is the "number two" for a long time, I think Hurley finds "another way, a better way" using his and the island's power for good with Walt's help. It seems from Ben's words he will be helping those who cannot "move on", like Michael. I think this was intriguing, at least for a DVD extra that has been described as a humorous look and a non-essential throwaway. This is very much a piece of the puzzle, and not just exposition.

** Cue complaints from the haters. ;)[/spoiler:13nqglc9]

(For the anti-pirates on the board: I will of course buy the complete set. I just couldn't wait.)

I enjoyed it too. It was nice a few items were tied up, explaining why the polar bears were there. I was surprised to see [spoiler:102h6hkz]Walt[/spoiler:102h6hkz] but it was a nice surprise.

Can't wait to pick up season 6 and start watching the complete series all over again.

[spoiler:2qqy8u2d]The main thing that surprised me was that the DHARMA Initiative used Room 23 to experiment on kidnapped Others! No wonder the DI were wiped out! I can't imagine Richard let alone Charles Merciless Widmore would approve of their people being kidnapped and brainwashed by scientists they merely allowed to stay on the island.

This also explains the cryptic "God loves you as He loved Jacob" reference in the Room 23 video, which back then led a lot of viewers to believe that the video was made by The Others after the purge of the DI in 1992. I like this new explanation, that it was a way of probing the brainwashed minds for information about Jacob, so much better.

The polar bears didn't need explaining (it was obvious ever since Charlotte found the bear skeleton in Tunisia), but since they explained the pregnancy issue with the bears it was welcome anyway.

Also, if Ben knew about the Hydra video all along, does this mean that he knew that the pregnancy issue was impossible to solve and thus just used this to keep Juliet on the island? If so, that makes Ben's plan for Juliet even more evil than I originally thought. Not just because he knew she could never solve it, but also because he let several women die when they could have left the island to give birth. OR (far-fetched theory up ahead) Ben knew - from seeing Juliet (with Sawyer, Miles and Jin) in the seventies - that she would be important and thus had to be kept on the island so she could fulfil her destiny (detonating Jughead). Richard says that Ben will forget everything when he's taken to the source, but do we really believe that he forgot EVERYTHING from the last three years living with Sawyer, Juliet, Jin and Miles? I took it to mean that he would forget the last two days, i.e. Hurley, Jack, Sayid and Kate. Forgetting four people in a village of something like 70-150 people, even if you're a kid, seems a stretch. I'm sure people have been posting this before, but seeing Juliet for the first time could have been a kind of proof to Ben that there was something weird about the big Island Incident that happened when he was a kid, and the appearance of Sawyer, Jin and Miles in 2004 might have sparked the same sensation. We know Ben wasn't special, but there might be more things besides his intelligence that made him aware. Also, did Richard ever tell Ben that he met an adult John Locke in 1954?

Oh Lost, even from beyond the grave you mystify![/spoiler:2qqy8u2d]

emmerson just rocks!
dharma is cool
electromagnetism has been a favorite plotdevice for everything just like the monster

and sadly it wasn't like the spoiler description that leaked onto the net

Well, the synopsis was revealed to be fake days ago.

jeah a friend told me about it.

funny that they addressed the hurley bird - this kinda debunks my theory that hurley turns into a bird after becoming jacob and travels back in time to warn himself :p

That's not a confirmation of anything. It's a chair. Even the source has a question mark in the title.

Back
Top Bottom