• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade: Unholy Edition

I'm definitely checking this out.

InfoDroid said:
Image5-1.jpg

Image4-1.jpg

Way too late for me to mention this I suppose, but you probably should have flipped these shots. They were mirror-imaged in the film to match with River before the cut, and are blatantly flipped thanks to Harrison's scar, and the fact that the rest of the scene is the right way 'round.

Oh well. :)

:eek: :eek: :eek: Awwww.....You're a little late to the party Antman. I wish you would've bestowed that little nugget here sooner, or that I would've noticed it...

Ah well, that can always wait for the InfoDroid Super Special Edition 4-Pack with collectible hologram cover art. :lol:

Thanks anyway.

tjdavis1138 said:
Where's the cover?

on the way :) I'll have it the cover uploaded to the site, and gallery later today, and it will also be in a DVD_ROM folder for the rapidshare upload (coming later today)

Excellent. I have the disc just waiting to have some Infodroid goodness printed on it.

sorry for the delay, rapid uploader has been crapping out on me. should be complete in an hour or so. In the meantime, here is the cover art.

Cover art by InfoDroid (DOWNLOAD HERE)
ID_Crusade_3D2.jpg

Thanks, guys! :) I just watched ID's Temple of Doom last night and dug it. I'll have to dig this one soon.

Is a torrent coming?

Can't wait for this...

For some reason, the disc art I downloaded here reads "LAST CUSADE" I didn't think this edit would be that drastic.

So for those of you downloading the DVD via rapidshare. please download the fixed disc art HERE

I've put my review up! Seriously, ID, great job.

I do, however, have a few suggestions for your aforementioned "Super Special Edition 4-Pack" release: :wink:

- I'd restore the boat baddie's line "This is the second time I've had to reclaim my property from you." We've all seen the Young Indy sequence, so this can pay homage to it without making us sit through it again. Plus, like Obi-Wan mentioning the Clone War in A New Hope, it's always fun to hear hints of our favorite characters' pasts.

- The Hitler scene is fun, but kinda silly, and distracts from the very dramatic Indy/Elsa scene that immediately precedes it. I think the Elsa scenes in the Temple would have more impact if that confrontation had lingered in our minds, rather than us wondering why Indy doesn't just neck-snap the monster signing his book.

- The airplane escape is much improved, but I think it might be better to excise it entirely. Again, it distracts from the very moving Indy/Sr. conversation, and what with the recent motorcycle chase and the upcoming (and quite long) tank chase, the movie has plenty action already. I think everything started with the shadows-turning-on-the-glass can go, and pick up the pace considerably. Also, Sr.'s joking about killing the pilot plays much better in the theatrical than it does here.

- The "cliff gives Indy's hat back" gag: he loses his hat well before the tank goes over the ridge. This bit doesn't fit in the edit, imo.

- The final shot of the heroes entering the Temple has a very touristy and gratuitous pan up to the rest of the place that we've already seen in multiple establishing shots.

- I suggest a KotCS teaser after the credits: see Indy dragged outta the trunk, thrown to the ground, he puts on his hat... cut to black and the words: "Indiana Jones will return"! :)

Again, great edit, much better than the theatrical, and no hurry or pressure regarding the above comments. Thanks for this!

Thanks, Gaith!

If I ever go back and redo these someday, I'll certainly consider your suggestions. :) Right now, I'm knee-deep in my short contribution to the Batman: Consecution project as well as a few other edits I've got brewing. But, thank you for taking the time to watch and comment. Glad you enjoyed it. I always love to hear any and all feedback. :D

--ID

gaith1 said:
The Hitler scene is fun, but kinda silly, and distracts from the very dramatic Indy/Elsa scene that immediately precedes it. I think the Elsa scenes in the Temple would have more impact if that confrontation had lingered in our minds, rather than us wondering why Indy doesn't just neck-snap the monster signing his book.

I forgot about that scene. It reminds me of all those awful moments in the Young Indiana Jones series where he meets seemingly every single famous historical figure. Ugh. I've downloaded this but I'm out of supplies (blank discs, empty cases, insert paper) so I'll burn it as soon as I get some more. I'm looking forward to it though.

InfoDroid said:
I hope jokersmailbag is kidding.

For those who are interested, the edit is finished. I'm currently in the process of making the DVD menus. I'll post an official list of changes soon.

i have the right feeling for this edit, think i will love it...
i hated the original movie and is one of those that think that the crystal skull is kinda part 3 and this one is...ehh another movie...
so, i hate rapeshare, torrent? please...

InfoDroid said:
Thanks, Gaith!

If I ever go back and redo these someday, I'll certainly consider your suggestions. :) Right now, I'm knee-deep in my short contribution to the Batman: Consecution project as well as a few other edits I've got brewing. But, thank you for taking the time to watch and comment. Glad you enjoyed it. I always love to hear any and all feedback. :D

--ID

Whats Batman:Consecution?

Oh, and great edit btw, Marcus is now no longer an idiot! The only problem I had was the new titles were kind of getting in the way of seeing some of the necessary storytelling items, like the cross.. feels very rushed in the beginning, unlike Raiders where there was this slow into to the tomb. Wish there was someway to lengthen that out a bit... but oh well, GREAT JOB!!!!!!!!

Thanks, sketchrob!

I know what you mean about the "rushed" feeling. But this was one of those cases where I had to just go with what I had to work with. But I feel, as someone mentioned earlier in the thread, that the Cross of Coronado disappears very quickly and doesn't amount to much in the story anyway...especially since it was just a MacGuffin mainly for Young Indy to look for...

Batman: Consecution is a DVD compilation Mollo and Boon are putting together of several 5-10 minute Batman short films by various faneditors. It's gonna be great! Check out the thread here: http://www.faneditforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=21&t=4617

Back
Top Bottom