• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

Godsmacked

If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot. More details on our policies, especially our Own the Source rule are available here. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.

@meta4ik, peer into thy inbox.

gah, just thought of this. i should have included in my credits (for both crouching dragon & godsmacked) a thank-you to @TMBTM, who was supergracious to me when i arrived @ FE.org and whose WotS edit inspired me to start meddling with subtitles.

please forgive my lack of grace, and a big, belated THANK YOU, man. or in your home tongue, MERCI BLOMKAMP.

edit: updated the first post in this thread and the IFDB listing to reflect the above.

fucking awesome. @"Dwight Fry" is back!

(though his private inbox be packed)

this man encouraged me years back, when i mentioned my effed-up idea of editing mel gibson's masturbpiece. i raise my cup to dwight, you glorious mofo.

I saw this in the theatre when it first came out and I thought, take out the religion and all the movie is about a guy getting the living hell beat out of him for 2 plus hours. thanks to ssj for not only a fun version, made me laugh a few times and a movie with what violence that still remains a watchable one. Thanks for the edit  and effort and keep up to good work

thanks, man!

i sincerely hope mel givesome likes my edit, too. good to be rattled out of one's comfort zone on occasion, no?  :D

@"TM2YC", i'd like to request, please, that harrybowl's aweshum alternate cover and cadmiumninja's cover with blu-ray dimensions be included on godsmacked's IFDB page.

they're on page one and two of this thread.

i should have asked for this much earlier. tenkyu, good sir!

ssj said:
@"TM2YC", i'd like to request, please, that harrybowl's aweshum alternate cover and cadmiumninja's cover with blu-ray dimensions be included on godsmacked's IFDB page.

Done. That @"harrybowls" cover is very funny...

godsmacked_bluray_alternate_3Dview.jpg

Thank the gods! I mean, human beings. . . tm2yc in particular.

member @"agua" is interested in creating a spanish language subtitle file for gorbasmacked.

i like this idea. i have various drafts of the dialogue spread over multiple files; when i find a bit of free time, i'll remove all the unused material so i can present a clean document of the final dialogue, and then i'll help agua in any way i can to translate my own stuff. (full disclosure: my spanish sucks.)

an .ass or .ssa file will allow the subtitles to be positioned at the top of the screen, so as not to overlie the english subs downstairs. if i'm really masochistic, i could disable all the english subs in my FCP timeline and add spanish subs, but considering that there are more than 600 discrete subs. . . yikers, what am i thinking? then again, that might be a unique way to improve my spanish.

I overhaul .ass and .ssa subs for J-dramas periodically.
Down-convert to .srt.
Usually the .ass subs are used for info (translate a sign or footnote for a word or phrase).
Or for identifying speakers - subs on right or left.
Many of the info text overlaps the dialogue subs and readjusting to .srt can be a real bitch.
I think .ass subs are a good idea, though it will be distracting seeing English and Spanish subs.
Better would be to soft sub with multiple .srt subs or create .sub & .idx file.

Yeah, man, and if you already hard-subbed I'm just whistling Macarena.

ssj said:
member @"agua" is interested in creating a spanish language subtitle file for gorbasmacked.

i like this idea. i have various drafts of the dialogue spread over multiple files; when i find a bit of free time, i'll remove all the unused material so i can present a clean document of the final dialogue, and then i'll help agua in any way i can to translate my own stuff. (full disclosure: my spanish sucks.)

an .ass or .ssa file will allow the subtitles to be positioned at the top of the screen, so as not to overlie the english subs downstairs. if i'm really masochistic, i could disable all the english subs in my FCP timeline and add spanish subs, but considering that there are more than 600 discrete subs. . . yikers, what am i thinking? then again, that might be a unique way to improve my spanish.

i haven't forgotten about this collaboration, @"agua"; will need to clear a few things off my plate before getting to it. thanks for your patience.  :)

thanks for the review, @"szopinus"!

i can't say i understood all you said—but that's because i'm simple as far as heathens go. thanks for taking the time to watch blasphemy, comment on blasphemy. :)

thanks, @"Belgarath", for the rebue!

no monica belluccis were harmed in the making of this edit.

What can i say only.......holy fuck!
Some job you did there ssj,even do the tone of the film tries it too drag you back into the serious side,your sub's are always there to bring back the laugh out loud moments.

side note:I'd love to see this screened in saint peters square,just for the craic!

glad it cracked open the craic for ya, ITW!

yes, i would very much like for the pope and his fancy-hat posse to give it a spin. prayer breakfast screening for the win!

in addition to an evening screening in the square for the rest of us. like mass, but oodles more fun.

thanks for the rebue, @"IntoTheWoods"!

let me know whether you can get your local pubs (or convents) to screen the edit as easter entertainment.

ssj said:
thanks for the rebue, @"IntoTheWoods"!

let me know whether you can get your local pubs (or convents) to screen the edit as easter entertainment.

Woulds love to do that but i would probably need a safe house hidden in the mountains to avoid all the confused souls with pitch forks after just seeing the opening few words about morality,never mind the rest of the lulz contained within it.

This won't be an official fanedit.org release, but it could readily have been a supplement to Godsmacked, so I'll park it here. Apologies for the brief glimpse of a biblical handjob at 15:22.

UNLOCKING THE MYSTERIES OF GENESIS — THE SKEPTICAL EDITION

[align=center]

Original title: Unlocking the Mysteries of Genesis (Disc 1)
Genre: Faith-based
Fanedit type: Fanfix (from a certain point of view)
Original release date: 2014
Original running time: 22 minutes
Fanedit release date: March 2017
Fanedit running time: 18 minutes

Thanks to Addiesin, baileym43, dangermouse, Neglify, Rogue-theX, That One Guy, ThrowgnCpr, and TM2YC for the lulz in the birthing chamber.

Back
Top Bottom