• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Godsmacked

ssj

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Thanks, @ThowgnCpr, for the new icon and write-up. Dated March 8, it gives me some appreciation of how long all you lovely bastards have been working on the new digs without spilling the beans.

ThrowgnCpr

awol
Staff member
Reaction score
Trophy Points
ssj said:
Thanks, @ThowgnCpr, for the new icon and write-up. Dated March 8, it gives me some appreciation of how long all you lovely bastards have been working on the new digs without spilling the beans.

ha, if you only knew... But, to be fair, those article dates may or may not reflect the date they were written. Some were set to the same date that a similar article was published on the old version of the website.  To give you a peek behind the curtain: We had been discussing the needed move for quite a long time, and the fire was poked again this past August. We started exploring designs and software in the following months, and the decisions were made and the official heavy lifting began around the end of the year. Aaaand here we are...

But back on subject, I'm glad you liked the article. It was brief, but I wanted to make sure your rad edit was featured on the homepage when we launched.  :D

and what better time than now than to sit down on the couch with all your leftover Easter candy, and enjoy Godsmacked!!

Vultural

Donor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
ssj said:
*some other dude looks at my schtuff, sees a bunch of subs, says to himself, that's insane*

:D

Therein lurks the problem with subs.
So many viewers suffer subphobia and worry they might get a thinkache.
"Is this like reading a book?"
Maybe one time you could try dubbing?
And use the most incongruous voices you can find.
Or lots of helium.

ssj

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
^^ ha, throw. Also hollow so it can contain wishful thinking.  :)
I'll take the dark bunny chocolate, preeze.

^ vultura racer, I loves me subs. They make me so horny.

ssj

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
hey, throw, thanks again for the post on gorbschmacked! the front page layout is gobs more aweshum than the older format—thanks again to FEveryone who runs this asylum.

hope you don't mind tweaking, preeze, a bit o' verbiage on the icon and write-up: the original movie's The Passion of the Christ.

tenkyu, and may the gods bless you. like when you sneeze or something.

ThrowgnCpr

awol
Staff member
Reaction score
Trophy Points
the the has been updated in the title and the text. I hope this pleases the ssj :p

ssj

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I thank thee, the throw!

ssj

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Le Poisson du Chat

ssj

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
corduroy ninja, thanks so much for the review! makes me heppi that you and mrs. ninja got a few yuck-yucks out of it.  :D

the song: "the moon song" by mushroom lounge, misspelled below. i don't think it sounds specifically middle eastern, but it kind of vaguely works in a funky way. felt it brought a nice energy to the trailer and the end of the mubi. when i first heard it last year, i immediately knew i had to use it.
i trust you found your handle in the "tenkyu" segment.

cheers, man!

thecuddlyninja

Staff member
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
No problem, man. Thanks for making it! I did forget to mention it but I discussed l appreciated the name check. My wife thought I actually contributed to this fine edit; silly her. Unless BSing about life, the universe and everything via pm counts. :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ssj

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
you visited the ITW thread. that counts!
and the prophecy foretold you would fashion a blu-ray cover for the edit. it's there in isaiah or something.

even though both crouching dragon and godsmacked are my babies, i do have a bit of a preference (like cninja & neg) for the latter. one reason: i think i grew as a writer since the first edit.

i might not be all that much wiser than i was a few years ago, but i'm definitely older and more of a wise-ass. and i've been honing my writing skills through twitter: trying to keep shit funny and concise while i impersonate the 2nd-century physician galen and yap about my god asclepius and other gods as if they were real, about ancient mythology, the history of medicine, and the practice of medicine.

a sampling:

https://twitter.com/HandofAsclepius/status/527670730809307136
https://twitter.com/HandofAsclepius/status/526700738546642944
https://twitter.com/HandofAsclepius/status/532961793480867840
https://twitter.com/HandofAsclepius/status/518310581959680001
https://twitter.com/HandofAsclepius/status/519686999326740480

thecuddlyninja

Staff member
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I can copy and resize with the best of them! Those are some funny tweets man. Back in the day before I deleted my first account I was really into the twitter "comedy scene." I know that sounds so douchey but a few of my friends parlayed it into TV writing gigs and stuff. It was nice to be reminded of that time/world, and to laugh!

ssj

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
dude, you've got some writing skills, so would you consider rewriting the subs for non-english-language mubiz?

i'd very much like to see tiger lily fanedits by others.

thecuddlyninja

Staff member
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
ssj said:
dude, you've got some writing skills, so would you consider rewriting the subs for non-english-language mubiz?

i'd very much like to see tiger lily fanedits by others.

Thanks! I used to do a touch of comedy writing back when the National Lampoon site was trying to compete with Cracked, plus a little stand-up. I actually really like the idea. How do you feel about collaborating on something? You can PM me so I don't derail this thread further. I think our comedic senses are pretty simpatico and it'd be fun.

ssj

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
great idea! will PM you later today, cadillac ninja.

Adabisi

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Review unfurled from the IFDB Scrolls:

I have no idea what ssj does for a day job, but I really hope someone is paying him a large sum of of money to make people laugh. The concept behind this edit seems like it might make a funny 3 or 4 minute clip but would get really tiresome over the course of a feature length movie. And that's where ssj's comedic gift shines through. It's funny end to end. Funnier than most "comedies" released these days. And I'll just assume it was technically edited well, because I was laughing too damn hard to notice anything out of place. With fanediting, once you have the basics down, it's fairly easy enough to take source material, cut out the stuff you don't want, and present something new. But to do that and then take it a step further by rewriting the script (you really should have given yourself a screenwriting credit at the end) to the point where the entire concept is flipped on its head and becomes a brilliant satire of itself? Damn. We're looking at some next level shit right here. Well done, ssj.

ssj

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
adabisi, thanks mucho for the warm review! i had a shitload of fun working on this edit, and it pleases me (in a bond-villain-stroking-my-cat sort of way) to share those shitzengiggles with others.

on the subject of comedy. . . before releasing godsmacked, I had considered listing it under several IFDB categories (we can choose more than one, if applicable): comedy, documentary, fantasy, historical, and zombie.

of course, the documentary and historical labels would constitute a joke, and the zombie genre doesn't quite apply because I cut the resurrection scene.  :D

i ended up not selecting the comedy genre, even though it's clearly a comedy, in favor of what seemed to be an even greater joke: listing it under both fantasy and historical.

kind of like how the lord of the rings is authentic european history.

ssj

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
well, lookee here. . .

tPk3Ljm89aRWTmeeNw92c2cDjGWiUYYbxFWGXAW45QKBm7Kyv1V8Hp4jwZ-ifkmK47YCKgBBhjTRFeyaGAvpOCCZC9MjmdIigB7TJa_GkYSsRX-kLukkLSEkC5bFPON5_mmbc9kBDHq6aYbDAmAJdSNifiNdRh3PSrBlbyo17aIaHflrnnTfYGgCazOnBMweWaUwHUh1PoiLoUzs_FH56WToPFudeM6QHJwtrthg2RyRNNjE8MmcLGTOtlFFU2GTLYtjNdMK1ZDDwcyj_9GHM3jxLCHfE61bPepJAgDhlUYCSwHGWYbPRrERrRlIVdwh7WY_LWwnUEr8mkVUnQu40yOAeTU7TwjsbAZcBiN2l3u7CjYnaTO5FQlCqsQG3DB-z_YTjnHclDdX7bNXZ3FdIg8HKI4JXRk4ZEqI5uon99ip71sag2glrZ92iodCGmyNceFFSorGqQwvhEuiTygQTDUi5FpANQ1u5THkJQSx3YKUeT6pQZ1z7ZR9k2MCoXdNskiEDzcLac2DNpL0x7XGYN8n9KhxXJC4SCW_X8IBpIuuLpLMhtwNPBjQwKxghjhGr41a=w2058-h682-no

Meta4ik

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Sorry to be all Johnny come lately but can anyone point me in the right direction, .info site seems to be out of commish.

Top Bottom