• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Vote now in wave 1 of the FEOTM Reboot!

Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.

If anyone were to die, I'd be ok with it being Fitz. He's just gotten a little too annoying with his pro-Ward attitude and his obvious affections for Jemma. If anyone else, especially Trip, were to die I'd be pretty severely disappointed.

It's amazing how much character/personality Trip seems to have, despite being only in what must be less than half the season.

Yeah, Trip arrived and totally blew good Ward out of the water as far as character.

That is so interesting. A show about the birth of SHIELD and one about the death and re-birth.

And it sounds like the plan is to have Agent Carter fill the gaps when SHIELD isn't on the air. No more painful waiting next season. Awesome.

matrixgrindhouse said:
And it sounds like the plan is to have Agent Carter fill the gaps when SHIELD isn't on the air. No more painful waiting next season. Awesome.

Yep, Agent Carter will air between the mid-season breaks of SHEILD. So hopefully that will mean less reruns and interruptions during story arcs. Also, this would be a cool way to set up stories/villains in the past that pay off later in the present.

Should be start laying bets on a classic Marvel Comics style TIME TRAVEL CROSSOVER episode!!!! ;-)

I really enjoyed the clever crossover/flashback stories they did between BUFFY and ANGEL, fleshing out the background mythology through Spike. I wonder if this concept could work for these two shows?

Though I am not clear if Agent Carter is a one season event or a proposed ongoing series?

This MCU thing is getting crazy...

And its only going to get crazier! With the launch of the four new Marvel series on Netflix. Different networks, all the same universe!

bionicbob said:
Though I am not clear if Agent Carter is a one season event or a proposed ongoing series?
I can't find it now, but I read an interview where one of the writers said that they will do one season (lasting about 13 episodes), and will completely wrap up the season's storyline, leaving no plot threads hanging. If it gets high enough ratings, they will do more seasons. If I recall right, he said that each season will cover one year. Season one will be set in 1946. If there's a season two, it will be set in 1947. And so on. Whether it lasts for one season or multiple seasons depends on the audience's reaction.

Marvel has now released the first official promo art for Agent Carter:

agent-carter_poster.jpg

And Bradley Whitford's show just got canceled, so maybe he'll reprise his One-Shot role.

... And I'm perfectly fine with keeping time travel out of this universe altogether. It's plenty crazy as is, thanks.

Gaith said:
And Bradley Whitford's show just got canceled, so maybe he'll reprise his One-Shot role.
He probably will. Peggy Carter won't be in S.H.I.E.L.D. from the get-go, as they want to keep her in the chauvinistic setting of Flynn's office for a while. The show will start out set before the part of the one-shot where Howard Stark calls Flynn to tell him that he wants to hire her.

I've found the interview. It's with Christopher Markus and Stephen McFeely.

http://collider.com/agent-carter-tv-series-christopher-markus-stephen-mcfeely/

Also, here's the official synopsis:

Marvel’s ‘Agent Carter,’ starring Captain America’s Hayley Atwell follows the story of Peggy Carter. It’s 1946, and peace has dealt Peggy Carter a serious blow as she finds herself marginalized when the men return home from fighting abroad. Working for the covert SSR (Strategic Scientific Reserve), Peggy must balance doing administrative work and going on secret missions for Howard Stark all while trying to navigate life as a single woman in America, in the wake of losing the love of her life–Steve Rogers. Inspired by the feature films ‘Captain America: The First Avenger’ and ‘Captain America: The Winter Soldier,’ along with the short ‘Marvel One-Shot: Agent Carter.’

I wonder will they air the oneshot as part of the season(whenever it takes place) for those folks who haven't seen it?

I could see them probably airing the one shot for those that haven't seen it yet.

bionicbob said:
And its only going to get crazier! With the launch of the four new Marvel series on Netflix. Different networks, all the same universe!

Do those Netflix originals eventually make it to some sort of disc format? I have the physical media version, not streaming.

Netflix's own series' have, so I assume Marvel's will.

been catching up on the series so far. Made it through the first 12 episodes. Have to say that as each episode has passed, the show found its stride more and more. Loving it so far. Also loved the small callback to Dollhouse with Coulson. Been working on staying away from any spoilers that happened so don't know what to expect next.

Update: On Episode 13, the 'Train Robbery' episode. It reminded a lil bit in the beginning of that episode of Firefly. Loved Coulson and Ward trying to use the holo-table.

Terrific season finale!

For me, the highlights were Fury's miraculous rescue, Mike's redemption, and of course the fake out super-Garret tease. So... does Coulson remember the formula that was the key to Project TAHITI? Perhaps they can use that to repair Fitz's brain damage. Or is there something more sinister at work, hidden in the alien compounds that now course through his veins? Heralding Thanos's arrival, perhaps?

Back
Top Bottom