• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.

Interesting, but Inhumans is a long way out from release. Marvel's big on foreshadowing, but I think that may be a bit much. Here's a thought. What if the city is the obelisk? A dimensionally transcendent city. Small, very small. Ant Man is the first up after Age of Ultron...

matrixgrindhouse said:
Interesting, but Inhumans is a long way out from release. Marvel's big on foreshadowing, but I think that may be a bit much. Here's a thought. What if the city is the obelisk? A dimensionally transcendent city. Small, very small. Ant Man is the first up after Age of Ultron...
"To prevent war, the city is on Orion's belt." :p

This is a theory I've had for a long time regarding this continuity. If they are introducing Inhumans this early, then come Captain America Civil War, Bucky if going to end up being an Inhuman. Why? Well, since X-Men belong with Fox, Marvel doesn't have Wolverine, and, if I'm correct, he and Captain America were good friends in WW2, so Bucky might be the MCU's version of Wolverine. He was experimented on in First Avenger, maybe they unlocked the genes that helped him survive the fall into the ice.

I've scrolled all the way down this thread to post this message, so I wouldn't read anything, but I've got a question:
One of the commercial channels in my country is going to start broadcasting Agents of S.H.I.E.LD., but the ads they've put together for it, make it come across as Heroes 2.0. Lots of people with powers, and S.H.I.E.L.D. comes across as their version of the paper company. Is this accurate, at least for the first season? Mind you, that company I'm referring to is absolute shite when it comes to putting together trailers for stuff they're going to broadcast. They've given away the plot to many movies before they even aired it :p

Can someone (not everyone at once!) PM me on this? :) Thanks guys :) :)

Was Sky's mention of her guy "Micro" in last night episode a reference to Punisher character Micro Chip?

Has anyone PM'ed Kal-El? I never watched Heroes, so I can't really comment.

Another totally badass, legitimately great ep. Reminded me a bit of Arrow's Dollmaker episode.

Gaith said:
Has anyone PM'ed Kal-El? I never watched Heroes, so I can't really comment.

I did. While I haven't seen Heroes, I made it clear that the protagonists are not super heroes, and the show is best described as Mission: Impossible in a world that happens to have super-powered beings in it.

I am going to stick with my INHUMANS theory. Especially since Cinema Marvel does not have the rights to use Mutants, they need to explain their Age of Miracles or why people have super powers, and being descended from Inhumans makes sense.

Also, Sky was found in China. The Inhuman city was in China.

And yes, that was a reference to the Punisher's pal Microchip.

Kal-El I would not really compare it to the tv show HEROES or the Company -- Heroes was more entertaining even at it's lowest point....lol. Seriously, season one of SHIELD between the pilot and the last quarter of Winter Soldier tie-in episodes, the episodes were fairly average imo. As with most Whedon shows, it took the writers/producers a long while to figure out what works and what does not. Also, I can not help but wonder since they knew ahead how the season had to end due to Winter Soldier, if that tied their hands creatively? But season two has been brilliant so far.

So does anyone think Fritz is going to put himself in the torture memory machine in an attempt to repair his brain???

bionicbob said:
So does anyone think Fritz is going to put himself in the torture memory machine in an attempt to repair his brain???
I had to read this twice because I thought you said "Frink". Lol. But yes, that's the conclusion I came to.

Wow! Whole lot of plot tonight. In Season 1, the same story would have been broken up over four or five episodes, with lots of monster of the week filler interspersed.

So... Dichen Lachman is half-Nepalese, half-Caucasian, and Kyle MacLachlan is all Caucasian. Together, they produce... a half-white, half-Chinese girl?! :)

Eh, not that it matters... and it's great to see Alexander Pearce's villainy live on even after his death.

Fitz said "inhuman"! Bob, you've earned a celebratory cookie. (And I know, the showrunners admitted this after the midseason finale.)

Chloe Bennett... looks so nice, they drew her twice:

g61fpvnfw1bsujkidmht.jpg

Also, holy crap, there was a headshot in the midseason premiere! Like, a full-on blood-splatter-to-the-forehead headshot on a network series! The show has done gory bits before, but I'm not at all sure even Disney/Marvel could have persuaded the MPAA to let that happen in one of their PG-13 movies. (Then again, if freaking slaughter-tastic Expendables 3 can get a PG-13, who the hell knows?)

Another good ep. I never minded the series starting off more lighthearted and casual in S1, especially now that it's in such contrast to what's followed, though the writing could have been a bit sharper out of the gate. But S2 has been quite strong so far, and Coulson has really grown into badass Director mode nicely.

You can really illustrate how good this show has gotten by comparing the three Asgard-themed episodes thus far. Very interesting.

So, who are Bobbi and Mack working for? It isn't Hydra. They wouldn't ruse the Fury twist again, would they? My money's on Leviathan.

"I am still the commander of this vessel." Anyone else get warm nostalgic feelings from that line?

What was in the cargo hold, anyway?

matrixgrindhouse said:
"I am still the commander of this vessel." Anyone else get warm nostalgic feelings from that line?

Why would it be? Is it a reference to something?

Anyway, this episode was very nerve-wracking. I don't like that. I kept wanting May to just kill all of these imposters and be done with it.

Mark Moore said:
Why would it be? Is it a reference to something?

The actor playing Gonzales is Edward James Olmos. In the 2003-2009 version of Battlestar Galactica, he played Bill Adama, who held the rank of Commander of the titular vessel.

Great episode tonight. I love it when multiple plot lines converge like that.

Anyone else think that it was really Agent 33 disguised as Coulson at the end?

Back
Top Bottom