• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.

So,
Zola's Algorithm of analyzing the past to predict the future mean's that he's
the Clairvoyant, right?

Nic said:
So,
Zola's Algorithm of analyzing the past to predict the future mean's that he's
the Clairvoyant, right?

At the moment, that is my assumption too. ;-)

bionicbob said:
At the moment, that is my assumption too. ;-)

Ditto. I'm also thinking that...

Season 2 - if we get one - will be about Coulson's team working for Fury to locate the remaining Hydra cells.

matrixgrindhouse said:
Ditto. I'm also thinking that...

Season 2 - if we get one - will be about Coulson's team working for Fury to locate the remaining Hydra cells.

Definitely would agree with how I feel season 2 would play out. Think we'll definitely get a season 2 of it. They are just waiting a little bit longer to announce it. Least, I hope that they do a season 2. Though, they could always do the interesting thing and go to Netflix with it, especially since we're gonna see other Marvel Netflix shows as well.

Or...

It could be about rebuilding SHIELD with new leadership. I mean, in the comics SHIELD has been infiltrated, dismantled and rebuilt many times.
Trust me, SHIELD will not stay deactivated for very long.

;-)

Tonight's review (skip to 0:25):

Can this show PLEASE get a 2nd season?

I KNEW IT!!!

After Ward killed the fake Clairvoyant last week I strongly suspected he would turn out to be EVIL.

But is he pure HYDRA EVIL
or just BRAINWASHED EVIL like the Winter Soldier?

I really hope the writers keep him evil and write him out of the show, as from day one I have commented that as character Ward is plain boring. The actor is just does not bring anything to the role...

Though Whedon does like the theme of redemption, but I don't think Brett Dalton has the range to pull it off.
Get rid of him, or make him a recurring baddie and bring Deathlok onto the team.

bionicbob said:
I KNEW IT!!!

After Ward killed the fake Clairvoyant last week I strongly suspected he would turn out to be EVIL.

But is he pure HYDRA EVIL
or just BRAINWASHED EVIL like the Winter Soldier?

I really hope the writers keep him evil and write him out of the show, as from day one I have commented that as character Ward is plain boring. The actor is just does not bring anything to the role...

Though Whedon does like the theme of redemption, but I don't think Brett Dalton has the range to pull it off.
Get rid of him, or make him a recurring baddie and bring Deathlok onto the team.

I understand wanting to write him off, and it seems to be where the show is heading, but I feel like doing that without bringing up that he was essentially raped by Lorelei would be in in incredibly bad taste.

Well... shit.

And to think that I've stopped watching the show for a while because I was too tired of it and stopped finding it interesting :D

To be honest, though, while awesome - the last episode went where I didn't want it to go: Ward and Skye romance possibilities. I would much prefer if it would've been a more brotherly/sisterly teacher/student SO/agent kind of relationship.

Though, it also went Ward is Hydra route, which... I didn't expect. Because I actually started to like him over time. And even though it sucks and I'm sad Ward is Hydra, and as a viewer I hope that it's just some sort of a ploy to get deep into Hydra and destroy it from inside and he's Shield all along, the storyteller in me hopes that they stick to their guns and don't do that. But will give additional motivation, because just 'HYDRA EVIL' kind of thing is... eh. Not sure.

I enjoy the series, but I watch it more for the mythology / grand scheme aspects than individual characters. Though there are characters that I root for (Coulson, Mulan (I keep forgetting her character's name here), Sky, and Simmons), I really don't care about the others and really don't care what happens to them. I'm not even really a comics person (except for Archie), so I don't get the references or whatever, but I don't really care to either.

Wow. I've rarely seen a show so gracefully....

manage to retroactively lump what seemed like filler into the main plot. So good.

Also, I'm calling it. Next season: a SHIELD Space Ape will return for revenge. That is if one doesn't crop up in Guardians first.

matrixgrindhouse said:
Wow. I've rarely seen a show so gracefully....

manage to retroactively lump what seemed like filler into the main plot. So good.

Also, I'm calling it. Next season: a SHIELD Space Ape will return for revenge. That is if one doesn't crop up in Guardians first.

I'll admit to being slightly disappointed, mostly because of the advertising painting this episode as
Coulson's group immediately finding "Providence" as well as Skye learning Ward's true nature. But, setting that aside, I did enjoy Coulson's total breakdown when he thinks he led everyone to a dead end. Ward and Garrett also have excellent chemistry together, and I got a kick out of Patton Oswalt playing a SHIELD Agent, thought at times it just felt like he was playing himself. Aside from him, the standout from this episode was that one guy who shouted "Hail HYDRA!" before being told to tone it down.

As for intergrating seeming filler into the plot, I only really enjoyed what looked like the Berserker Staff, since that was one of the better episodes of the weak first half of the season. The laser and Gravatonium, did feel kind of bland and underdeveloped and still do, the only difference being that I can't ignore the Gravatonium episode as much, whereas the laser can just be from an unseen adventure that other agents had been on. The episode also feels oddly structured, like entering the secret base was the end of the episode and everything else was the start of something new, with the end just feeling like a really long commercial break until next week. Still hoping they manage to capture last week's magic.

EDIT:
Also, goddamn it, writers, please keep Ward evil, please? He is so good at being evil, let him die an unrepentant bastard, do NOT have him pull off a heroic sacrifice in order to save one of the teammates, stick to your frakking guns on this one! Also, referencing this recap of the episode: http://www.escapistmagazine.com/art...of-S-H-I-E-L-D-Review-Episode-18-Providence.3 PLEASE let it turn out that Skye is actually Spider-Woman or at least has some type of pheromone power as to why she gets such special treatment other than being a main character.

I saw the first of the two back to back episodes, then saw Captain America, then the second episode. Worked out very nicely.

Blugh...I imagine it's nice to see the cellist for some, but I wonder if it was necessary for
Coulson to realize that he has to forgive May (actually, did anyone find that confusing? Sorry, I wasn't paying that much attention to that part of the episode
The Skye stuff was actually the best part of the episode. Why? 'Cause it moved the plot forward! ;-)
At least next week's episode features the return of Colonel Talbot and Maria Hill, which promises to be theoretically interesting, at least.

Starting to watch Agents of Shield finally. Made it through the first two episodes. Have to say that not really disappointed with the show. It's one of those shows that needed to stretch a little before it could hit the ground running. Which judging from what people are saying, it's hit the ground running. Looking forward to seeing the series progress over the course of this first season.

Also have to say that I enjoyed the second episode cause of the team-building that was going on. That was the whole purpose of the episode it seems was to bring them together a little more and work as a team. Great show so far.

Wait, Agent May was Chun Li? Why did no one tell me this?! :lol:

ming-na-nei-panni-di-chun-li-in-street-fighter-111920.jpg

14033689_ori.jpg

Back
Top Bottom